John Knox Village Central Florida Orange City, FL

John Knox Village Central Florida (844) 334-3818

Reviews of John Knox Village Central Florida

Assisted Living Reviews for John Knox Village Central Florida

Independent Living Reviews for John Knox Village Central Florida

Continuing Care Retirement Community Reviews for John Knox Village Central Florida

October 30, 2015

By Cookie3

John Knox Village was very nice. They have assisted living and also occupational therapy if the person gets a certain surgery. They have activities, ice cream day, and they have a beauty parlor. It's a very good place, and they have very caring people. I have friends who were there also.

September 15, 2015

By Louise22

John Knox was really nice and very safe. They have a guard all the time as you drive in. You can't go in unless you're seeing somebody. We walked around, but we didn't actually see any activity the day that we went. It was very clean, and it didn't smell. However, it's expensive; it's way over my budget. They have assisted living, and there's a section for patients that are restricted to the bed.

October 01, 2014

By Tiffany N.

This is written at the request of my mother who has been a resident for some 6 years. While John Knox has maintained its excellent services and facilities, the food quality had diminished tremendously. Since the change in chef a few years ago, the taste, selection and presentation has diminished. At one time, my mother and her friends described the food as "gourmet", "delicious" and "wonderfully displayed". Today, they continually remark on the lack of menu choices (as compared to 3 or 4 years ago), lack of presentation and mediocre flavor. As I have made several 2-week visits with her over the past 6 years, I can understand their complaints. It's not as good. I used to describe John Knox Village as the "Club Med for Senior Citizens" and rave about the dining experience. Today, the service is still outstanding as are the actual dining rooms. The food, however, is one step above institutional with interesting names and descriptions. Unfortunately, names and printed descriptions do not make the food tasty. Here's hoping the powers that be will take note and return to the quality of food for which it was known at one time. This is important to the residents. Dining is a special time to meet with residential friends and to host family and friends from outside the neighborhood. They were proud to do so but not so much now. While looking forward during the day to eating dinner with friends, they now are subjected t ho-hum food that is adequate but not particularly appetizing. Perhaps if they were new residents and didn't know how scrumptious it had previously been, they would not now be disappointed by near institutional-level cooking. Time to overhaul the kitchen crew and quality of food offered. To reiterate, however, the wait staff is still excellent.

October 09, 2013

My mom lives in John Knox Village and of all the retirement facilities that I visit, it is the best one that I have ever see. They are the jaguar of the industry. They have so many activities. They have square dancing, bingo and outings; they bring in singers to perform; they have a dance with a live band once a month; they have fun social every Friday afternoon. They have different healthy menu of food that you can choose from every night, which is at least six entree in different price ranges. The salad bar is amazing. They have different wines, which you can choose from. I never have a bad meal there. They have a monthly fee for their residents, which I think is $350 to spend on food and they can use it anywhere they want to. It is a wonderful place.

March 18, 2013

By Jay2

John Knox is fantastic. But we can't get in. It's beautifully appointed, it actually smells beautiful and not just clean. It's like a hotel for sick and dying people. They have formal security. You have to wear a visitor's pass for you to come in. This is the one I would choose if I had to stay some place.

August 08, 2012

By BettyCR

My friend Blanche was a resident several years, before having to move into the Memory Care Unit. In the Assisted Living, she had her own furnishings so she felt at home, She was surrounded by caring Nurses and care takers. I was there three and four days a week, visitingk, taking her to appointments, shopping, out to lunch and wherever she needed to go. I paid her bills, purchased all her clothes at her wishes, was the daughter she never had, her brother and neices live in another State. I was her friend, advisor and I listened to her vent when upset with her family.I attended care-givers meetings regularily to learn how to assist my friend. Being there to listen, make her feel wanted was my mission to her. She died peacefully, on a Sunday Morning before Memorial Day 2011. I miss her dearly. John Knox was a peaceful facility aimed at the residents best interest and care. I reccommend this Facility.

July 05, 2012

By demike

the whole place is well taken care of employees pay good attention to residents. there are lots of activities and trips.my aunt was very happy and well taken care of while living there. if I was moving in to a retirement community i would prefer it to be john knox village. It is a bit expensive but i believe it is well worth the cost for the level of care and service they provide.
See all Continuing Care Retirement Community reviews (11) See fewer reviews

Services and Amenities of John Knox Village Central Florida

About John Knox Village Central Florida

John Knox Village Central Florida is a senior living provider in Orange City, Florida that offers residents Assisted Living, Independent Living, and Continuing Care Communities. Contact John Knox Village Central Florida for more details on services and rates.

Map of John Knox Village Central Florida