Atria Orange City

Offers Assisted Living and Independent Living

500 Grand Plaza Drive, Orange City, FL 32763
Atria Orange City (844) 325-8230
PROMOTION! 74 days

The best time to choose Atria is right Now! For a limited time, you can lock in our current rental rate with no increases until at least January 1, 2020 - Details apply. Must sign lease by September 30, 2018

Reviews of Atria Orange City

Assisted Living Reviews for Atria Orange City

June 19, 2014

We had my mom at Horizon Bay – Orange City. We chose this because it was closer to me and the facility is in good shape. The place is nicely maintained and active. She got a one-bedroom, and its ample for her. They upgraded everything, and so far it's very nice. They have a game room and an area where they play the piano and sit around to listen. They have a dining area where, if you want to bring family in, you can dine separately from the rest of them. I think they need to have more maintenance help because if anything needs to be done you have to wait a while because they only have one maintenance person taking care of the whole place.

December 27, 2013

By Caring71949050

Horizon Bay is pretty good. They seem to take care of people pretty well. The food is really good, too. My mom is happy there. However, the only complaint that we have is that when she had a fall, they brought her to the emergency room and they did not notify us about it although they have my contact information.

December 23, 2013

Horizon Bay has similar things with the one where I put my mother, but they're one of those that want to charge more money just to get in there. They're also more expensive. They have no pool in there. Their rooms weren't as nice and they didn't have a full kitchen. After we saw the rooms, we didn't do anything other than to look at it because I wasn't happy with the pricing.

June 12, 2013

By LarryB1

My aunt is happy being in Horizon Bay. It's a nice facility. She likes it there. When we visited the place, we liked it right away. We questioned a couple of residents and they seemed to like it there.

June 23, 2012

By Cathy5

I like this facility a lot. I was very impressed with everything in it. The place feels like home. This was the very first thing that I noticed when I entered the facility. All the residents I saw when I visited seemed happy, contented and relaxed. Their staff was very kind and friendly. This place could have been good for my mom but things changed as planned. She would not be able to live in assisted living type of environment at this point.

May 09, 2012

By joyce4

Horizon Bay Assisted Living Facility is very nice. My mother has lived there for three years and loves it. She has a social life every day of the week. There are a lot of activities at her fingertips to take part in and enjoy with friends. She has a sense of security and feels safe and well looked after. No worries about whats for lunch or dinner. Beautiful dining room to choose whatever you would like to eat. Lots of friends. Very nice staff.

Independent Living Reviews for Atria Orange City

December 02, 2013

By Carole8

I visited Horizons but they were not interested in taking my mother in because it's more of a retirement community. It's a beautiful place, I loved it but it's not an assisted living facility per se. Everybody seemed to be happy and the staff was very knowledgeable. They gave me a complete and total tour and the facility had a lot of amenities. The rooms were very nice. They showed me just the singles because that was all I was interested in.

November 28, 2013

By Chuck6

Horizon Bay was a nice place. The staff was accommodating. They had plenty of activities. However, they don't have many people and they don't have a place for the family to stay. The rooms were a smaller and they didn't have accommodation if I wanted to travel to another place.

October 15, 2013

By Albert5

Horizon Bay was probably one of the best ones around and I was impressed with it. The facility and the whole atmosphere looked good. The people seemed to be friendly. Their apartments had a living room, a bedroom, a small closet type kitchen and bath. However, they were small and expensive.

June 19, 2013

By Jody Moore

My mother has been living in Horizon Bay Orange City close to three months now and seems to be doing well. They have memory care and assisted living there. The staff is very friendly. The food, from what she tells me, is good. She's a very light eater, she doesn't eat a lot so she said what is there is good. It's very clean. When I call and have questions they call me right back. They seem to treat my mom very well. It's still an adjustment for her but she seems fine. The grounds are very nice and they keep them well manicured. If she needs to go somewhere and I can't take her, they make arrangements. I'm very pleased with it. At their evaluation they were trying to give mother services that she wasn't ready to have and I had to rein them back on that. Her hygiene and her bathing, she can do that for herself and they were trying to tell me she needs assistance with that and she's fine with that. But those are just minor things. Other than that I'm really pleased with them.

May 11, 2013

By caring0429313

Horizon Bay's staff was very nice and gracious to me. The meals were great.

August 09, 2012

By joyce4

This facility is wonderful. My mother loves it here. She is Well taken care of. I visit her often with her great granddaughter Maddy. She is always full of smiles and hugs for her. Horizon Bay is clean nice friendly and I can't tell you how happy I am That I chose this place for my mom. She means the world to Me. Thank you for all the staff at Horizon Bay.

Photos of Atria Orange City

Services and Amenities of Atria Orange City

• State Licenses: AL9132

About Atria Orange City

Located near Blue Spring State Park in a quiet residential neighborhood, Atria Orange City is a vibrant community designed to help older adults enjoy the benefits of a simplified lifestyle.

This inviting residence offers a selection of studio, one- and two- bedroom apartments, each with a kitchenette. Just steps away are a variety of convenient amenities, including a fitness center, movie theater, salon and barber shop, library, and relaxing outdoor spaces such as a courtyard, beautiful gardens, covered patio and walking paths. A friendly, caring staff is available 24/7 to provide discreet support when needed.

Every day is a new opportunity for connection, creativity and fun. With a calendar full of events, residents can continue doing the things they love and discover new interests. From yoga and informative lectures to happy hours and ice cream socials, residents can be as active and involved as they like.

Atria Senior Living is a leading operator of independent living, assisted living, supportive living and memory care communities in more than 200 locations in 27 states and seven Canadian provinces. Atria communities are home to more than 21,000 seniors and employ more than 14,800 people.

Map of Atria Orange City