Marion Woods

Reviews of Marion Woods

Independent Living Reviews for Marion Woods

August 30, 2021

By Pats

Marion Woods in Ocala is a totally independent living, and that's what we were looking for. The man we met during the tour, who is in charge of this process, was very, very friendly, and extremely helpful. We saw two rooms at that time, one of which had a kitchen in it, and I didn't want a kitchen. The other one they're using for other purposes. We have been over there twice and looked at a room that they had already rented out. He has been extremely helpful, friendly, kind, and considerate. The place is beautiful. We have been delighted with the atmosphere over there, the way they take care of the people, and the activities they have. They have a small fitness room. They're aware of the virus and taking precautions. The apartments are lovely. They will redo the flooring on the apartment to suit you. They paint it and everything before the new residents move in. They have a beautiful, wonderful swimming pool that's heated. They have a clubhouse that you can use for parties with guests. You have to do your own laundry, but they do have laundry facilities at the end of every hall, so every floor has at least two or three laundry rooms with two washers and dryers in them. You get three meals a day, they clean your room every week, and they change your linens and wash your linens for you. They also have a beauty parlor. Because of the virus, they're not having any outside guests come in and eat. They do have a menu, and the residents have a choice of three entrees. You could always order a hamburger or something like that. They have a wonderful news video that really explained a lot to us, and answered a lot of questions for us. I think you'd have to call and get somebody to send that to you. The setting is in the middle of the woods. They also have some car carports that the residents can rent. I love a flower garden, and they said they would make a place on the grounds for me to have a flower garden. Rick handles the rental of the apartments. He's in charge of all the apartments and that kind of thing. He's great. I did happen to see one of the maids, and I said to her I hated folding sheets, and she looked at me and smiled and said, "Yeah, I understand." They have the same maid for every floor, so the maid gets to know you and you get to know them too. They have a game room and a pool table in it. They have an activities director too, but I have not met her. Every week they have a list of activities. Most afternoons they also have a movie with popcorn.

June 26, 2021

By Ronald

I like Marion Woods very much. Of the three I visited, it would be the one that I'd be more interested in. I like how airy it felt, and it just seemed brighter than any I've seen before. You don't feel closed in as much as you do in some. I like the staff who gave us the tour. They have a pool and a patio, all the amenities are covered, and there's no charge for parking.

March 08, 2021

By Gisele

Marion Woods was very nice. My husband said it's a little more of what we're looking for, a little bit more independent. We really, really like the rooms. The rooms were very nice, very accommodating, and almost perfect. The residents had a lot of things that they could do with their families. If they chose to have a birthday party or a special occasion, and they wanted to have like a pool party, they are allowed to have a pool with a hall reserved just for them, and there is also a room for special dinner that you can have, and it would be just for family. Also, it's a Holiday place, so if you travel, like my sister-in-law, you could use a Holiday place for seven days if it's close to where you are going, and it wouldn't be of any charge to you. The staff I met were very friendly.

March 04, 2021

By J.S.

I went on an in-person visit to Marion Woods. The visit was fine. I saw the dining area. We went to see a studio apartment, and it was fine. It had a balcony, a refrigerator, a sink, a bathroom, and a walk-in shower, and it's all good. It seemed that they had an outbreak of Corona, and everybody was in their rooms. I only saw one person that day, and it was fine.

October 06, 2020

By Lorraine

Marion Woods was a nice place. The staff was very friendly, they said hello to everybody that was a resident, and it was like one big happy family. Their rooms were very nice. Their dining area was a big place. If not because of coronavirus, they would be sitting together. So now they're spaced out, but it was very nice. She gave me a whole menu, there was something every 2 hours going on for the whole day; they have a lot of activities. I liked it.

July 25, 2019

By Martha

Marion Woods was a senior living facility. It was really nice, we ate there, but they did not have a medical staff. It was a beautiful place, they have a swimming pool, a pool table, rec center, and lots of areas (like trails) to walk around. You could tell these people had more freedom. There was a huge library, an exercise room, a big dining room, the food was good, served nice, and it was a really nice place. Everybody I spoke with was very nice and happy. They have big rooms with a little living room, kitchenette, dining room, bedroom, a little balcony, and huge bathrooms. It was a beautiful setup. The building was fairly new, and very well kept.

July 22, 2019

By Brian

Marion Woods was one of the first communities I have visited. The place itself was nice, but it was out of my price range. I saw the apartments and they were very nice, I was looking at the assisted living. Their amenities were pretty much like the other places, but it was like you're in a very nice hotel and the facilities were exceptional. The only spoke with one staff member, and he was very helpful and nice and gave me some tips to look for. I'm going to rate them a 4 but only because it's out of my price range. The overall look of the place was very nice, but I knew I couldn't afford to put my step-mom there. I would rate the person who gave me the tour a 5 because aside from being very helpful with me, he spent a lot of time with me. And he kind of brought me up to speed on how everything works with Medicare and Medicaid, there's a lot of stuff going on that I had no idea.

September 26, 2018

By Peggy

Marion Woods was a very nice place, but it was very expensive. The rooms there were lovely, and the staff seemed to be interacting with the patients and not just sitting around at their desks. It was clean and didn't smell like urine, and the people that took me on a tour were very professional and answered my questions. I just feel like they're short on staff, although it's like that wherever you go.

August 29, 2018

By Al

Marion Woods was very nice, but we wanted to be a little closer to our doctors down in Leesburg. George was very nice up there and the price was right. They have rigid times for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. They gave us a good tour and everything looked very clean and very nice. The people were nice. The exercise room left a few things to be desired. There was hardly any equipment in there. The food was not that great. It was a Sunday and the chef wasn't there. They have a lot of activities you can get involved with. They have a movie theater and the pool was very nice.

February 14, 2018

By Irene

Marion Woods was rather expensive at $4,000 a month, but upscale. Everything was A-OK. They have a large dining room for everyone who lives there. We were looking at the cottage part versus the apartment part because they have a little more room for our dog. The cottages have two bedrooms, a living room, and a full kitchen with a stove and a refrigerator. It also has a little screened-in area where I can put a rug out for my dog. Everything was perfect, but I couldn't afford it. The staff member who showed us around answered all of our questions, he was very knowledgeable, took his time showing us the two places they had to offer, and was very nice and pleasant to talk to. Everybody that we met was pleasant. Everybody got along with everybody. The person who took us around also knew everybody by name. Everything was really clean and orderly.

June 01, 2017

By rita443163

Marion Woods was more hotel like. We saw a one-bedroom and two-bedroom apartments. The people there were very friendly and also quite knowledgeable of the facility. We also saw the library.

June 01, 2017

By miriam-h

I visited Marion Woods. The whole place was just gorgeous, and they had everything. They had a pool and an exercise room. They had a two-bedroom unit with washer & dryer in them. They had patios that you could sit outside. They also had cottages. It included meals and activities. They showed me one of the cottages. The surroundings were just gorgeous. It seemed like the whole place was built differently than the ones here.

April 12, 2017

By RDT

We definitely liked Marion Woods. It had a swimming pool and was very inexpensive for what you get. We are both veterans and we can receive aid and assistance once we move into assisted living, but we can't get anything if we move into independent living. They had little houses that they called villas with an oversized one-car garage and your own washer and dryer. It cost a little bit more to live in those, but you feel like you're living in your own home. You can also have a small animal. It's tempting because it is a Holiday property, and if you want to visit another one, you can stay there free for a week or two. You just have to make reservations.

November 21, 2016

By Juanita847424

Marion Woods was very nice too. It seemed to be very well run. I thought the apartment units were nice. The dining room was so nice. I would say, it would be a comfortable place to live. They had a swimming pool which was quite nice. They had activities, and they had an exercise room with a couple of pieces of equipment. It was a small scale, but it had a lot of variations when it came to living options. They had some duplexes there with garages.

November 07, 2016

By Evelyn466773

I went to Marion Woods at dinner time, and everybody was eating dinner, but a man showed me around. It’s a very nice place, but it was also too expensive. The rooms were of very good size; it had a living room, bedroom, and bathroom.

October 27, 2016

By Jesse088384

Marion Woods was the only one that I would consider outstanding, and it would be something that I would be interested in. They were nice, excellent rooms. It’s a relatively new facility and in excellent condition. I had lunch; the food was excellent. The management was excellent. They had real nice pool facilities. There was a little game room and a workout room. It was just a really good place. Unfortunately, I could not afford it.

August 17, 2016

By Tri053566

Marion Woods was excellent. The rooms were very nice but a little small. It had a very friendly environment, and the staff was excellent. They had everything you could think of to keep the residents busy.

May 10, 2016

By ArtYEXSG

I've been in Marion Woods for a month and a half now. It's fine. I don't have any problems or complaints. I am staying in a 150-square-foot apartment with a bedroom, kitchen, and bathroom. They have a little exercise room and a swimming pool and enough things to do. The dining area is fine and homey. They have a lot of decor around the hall like pictures and things like that. It is nice. I play pool and walk, but there are a lot of things to do here.

March 31, 2016

By Mary122742650

Marion Woods was actually a very nice facility. The staff was great. They gave us lunch and it was great. They had a swimming pool that the residents could go into. It was just really nice, overall. We really liked it, but it was just out of our price range. They had lots of activities and their dining area was excellent. It was bigger and there were quite a number of people, but it was nice and more like a restaurant atmosphere.

December 30, 2015

By Elizabeth118488450

The people at Marion Woods has a lot of spirit. The residents are very active; their morale is great. They focus on keeping the residents together and socializing by having three meals a day where they sit on a small table so everybody can hear each other and talk. They are served by waiters and waitresses so they could just sit and relax. Our initial impression is what made us choose this facility - they are lively and high-spirited. The room is beautiful and spacious. It has a porch overlooking the courtyard. The bathroom is perfect for elderly. There is a sliding glass door going out to the porch. If you need assistance, there is a home health agency who can provide you with that and they have an office located in the building.

October 28, 2015

By Dolores19

I am just trying to get some plans made. Since this was in the planning stage, nothing has been decided. I was surprised how much this cost, but Marion Woods was very beautiful and the staff was very nice.

June 06, 2015

Marion Woods is a very nice place. My mother likes it, and it's a great experience. There are very nice people there. She has been there for a month now.

May 12, 2015

Marion Woods was very pleasant. They had pretty much everything. The rooms and apartments were clean and well kept. They were OK in size. The food was very good. They had quite a bit of activities -- like different types of card games -- and they also had a really cool pool table. They were very hospitable.

May 12, 2015

By Beth34

The people were very nice at Marionwoods, but I was disappointed by the upkeep of the place. The paint was peeling near the front door. The staff was very nice. They only had two machines in the exercise area. The dining area looked very nice.

Hi Beth, I'm Katie, I'm writing from Holiday Retirement Home Office. I'm so sorry to hear that your didn't enjoy your visit at Marion Woods. We agree that our residents deserve to live somewhere that they'd be proud to call home. I've sent your feedback onto our Resident Relations department for further review and action. Please note that you're free to call them as well if you have anything else you'd like to add. Thank you for your sincerity, Katie

April 25, 2015

By Bernadette6

A friend told me about Marion Woods, so I visited the place. The staff is very good. Their rooms are nice, and their dining room is excellent. Their food is also delicious. I like their decorations and the furnishings. They have swimming, and they play card games. They also have educational classes, a library, and computers.

February 08, 2015

We found a place called Marion Woods in Ocala Florida. It is a very nice retirement community. The people working there are wonderful. Everybody is very helpful and very good. My mother has a beautiful room. It is a one-bedroom, and it is very nice. The food is excellent, and the dining room is beautiful and clean. Everybody is friendly, helpful, and very good. The safety is great. She got to wear a necklace with a button. If she falls, somebody is there immediately. It is very nice, and I'm happy with the security as well as the safety.

July 31, 2014

By cashasko

Marion Woods was the one we were crazy about. They were just getting ready to open up an Alzheimer’s unit. Their rooms were very roomy and you have a choice in terms of how you want it laid out. The price depended on the type of room you have. They also had a pool. The staff were exceptional. They met us at the door, had lunch with us, and spent lots of time answering questions. The food was VERY good.

April 21, 2014

By Susan73424750

Marion Woods was very nice with very good food. You had your own apartment with a kitchen and one bedroom. You had a call bell if you needed to call a nurse. They would do your washing too, if you needed. They sub-contract their healthcare out, so they provided food, did laundry, and change bedsheets. They also had their own bus. A disabled neighbor who was legally blind had his cousin from Pennsylvania come down and helped him moved in when his mama died. He was very happy there. However, I don't think he had friends or family to take him out overnight for a change. He had been there about 6 or 7 years, and he liked it a lot. He's not tired of it. He enjoyed it, and it was just was he needed. They had activities like healthcare seminars. They probably had bingo. They had a community room where maybe some of the ladies do some needle point. They had a library, a card table where you could sit down and play cards. It had a nice area, so if you were steady on your feet, you could take a nice little walk.

April 11, 2014

I had lunch at Marion Woods with the residents, and the food selection was very well done. They had a wide selection of whatever they want. They all seemed pretty content. The room that I was looking at was an efficiency. It was well-decorated. The shower and the bath was a good size. They had an activities chart. They showed me that on the wall, of things that happened throughout the day. They showed us a couple of rooms, like a day room where they had TV and they played bingo and stuff, so that was pretty good.

March 27, 2014

By Dee12

Marion Woods had about everything that we asked for and needed. It is a very nice facility, and, in fact, I would go there myself. The staff are very helpful and very nice people. They have a room that has exercise equipment, but I didn?t see anybody using that room. I saw people sitting around and playing cards. The residents looked very much at home and enjoyed being there. That makes it very inviting for me.

March 26, 2014

Marion Woods is very nice. I liked the people, the dining facilities, and all rooms have balconies with a nice view of the pool. We looked at the studio and one bedroom, and they were all very nice. The staff was nice and showed my mother around. They had a library, movies, bus trips, shopping, pool tables and a beauty parlor. They had everything she would need.

December 13, 2013

Our family recommended Marion Woods so we visited it. The place was not really new; it seemed like it is a 15 year old facility. It was nice but expensive. The location was good. It’s near our family, hospitals are there and shopping is easy too. Meals are provided which is good. We are not yet ready to take this place.

December 13, 2013

By James69555650

The rooms at Marion Woods are great. They have a nice dining room. Their food is great, they give you some choices. They have a swimming pool. They have card playing and all kinds of activities.

November 30, 2013

By Robert B.1

I visited Marion Woods. It’s a little out of my price range. They don’t have a nursing or medical doctor on site. I’m getting an unfurnished unit and the rooms were very nice. The staff were very polite and helpful. We had a couple of meals there and they were satisfactory. The dining area was pleasant too.

November 29, 2013

By Pat38

Marion Woods is a beautiful place. It's stunning. I would absolutely have a loved one lived there. I was very, very impressed by the Holiday facility. The rooms were beautiful and are of good size. The food was good. Everybody was very friendly and helpful. I definitely would recommend this place. They have many activities. I saw a good activity calendar and lots of things for the people to do.

September 11, 2013

By Sherry18

It was clean. It had all the amenities that you could possibly want. The rooms were equally beautiful and well maintained. The meals were delicious. The people were very happy.

May 31, 2013

By Jim17

My brother is in Marion Woods and I think it's a pretty good place. It is a clean place.

Questions about Marion Woods

Describe the overall population of independent living residents at Marion Woods. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

What transportation services does Marion Woods offer to independent living residents?

What makes the chef or dining program at Marion Woods exceptional? What kind of menu can independent living residents expect?

What common areas are available for independent living residents?

What safety features or security measures does Marion Woods offer to independent living residents?

If Marion Woods accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

Does Marion Woods work with an agency or registry to provide nursing and medical assistance as needed?

Costs for Marion Woods

Photos of Marion Woods

Services and Amenities of Marion Woods

• Fee Structure Extra: Included In Rent: Basic Cable, Electric, Sewer, Water

• Housing Extra: Handicap Barrier Free Units Available, Individual Climate Control, Safety Rails In Bathroom, Telephone Hookup

• Dining Extra: Private Dining Room, Resident Kitchen

• Hiking Trails
  • Pool
  • Features Extra: Laundry Room For Use, Chapel, Library, Locked Mailboxes, Elevator, Parking: Covered

• Technology Extra: Wi Fi In Common Areas

• Activities Extra: Billiard Lounge, Clubhouse, Game Room, Activity Room

• Pets: Most Pets Allowed

About Marion Woods

Marion Woods is located in Ocala, FL, providing a vibrant backdrop for your new life as a valued member of our caring community.

So come to Marion Woods for a visit...and stay!

Map of Marion Woods