Harmony House at Ocala

Reviews of Harmony House at Ocala

Memory Care Reviews for Harmony House at Ocala

April 25, 2018

By MySisterNancy

Toured Harmony with a salesman. As he showed me around the facility, a lost scared resident came to us & asked to be shown to her room. He directed her two corridors away. About 5 minutes later the wandering lady returned still confused. Again, he directed her. Feeling sorry for her, I asked the shaking woman if she would like me to show her to her room? Thankfully the lady said “would you please”. I walked the lady to her room which was locked, then took her to a nearby office where the employees rolled their eyes exasperated at the poor lady. I went back to the salesman who was waiting 2 corridors away to continue my tour. Really?!! This is supposed to be memory care & no one wanted to help her? Harmony isn’t compassionate or caring. Not a place for my relative for sure. There are better places that are the same price.

March 11, 2018

By nmf

1. There was a dead rat on the sidewalk at the entrance. 2. After ringing the "doorbell" twice, we had to communicate through the window to a resident to find someone to let us in. 3. The smell is horrendous. I can't even begin to describe it. 4. We figured we would sit outside since the smell was so bad. But there were weeds and dead plants everywhere. Definitely not a welcoming environment for visitors. 5. The nurse was on her phone as she was administering the residents their medications. Anyone who works in healthcare knows there should be no distractions during a med pass. 6. I would never ever send my family, a loved one, or stranger to this facility.

August 30, 2017

By Lori

We toured Harmony House at Ocala. My friend thought it was very rundown. It needed to be upgraded big time. We didn't stay that long. It was small and we were told it was more for Alzheimer's type patients. They're very friendly and knowledgeable. She didn't care for that place. For me, it was okay, but it needs a little improvement. They're senior citizens and they deserve a little bit more.

December 26, 2016

By peaceandlove2017

This place is poorly run. They wouldn't allow my parent to move in even though we went thru the entire app process, provided the 1823 form and packed up his things. The LPN nurse there is very condescending, They said they needed to talk to the DR before he moves in and never told us this until the last minute. We also had the DR's office call the administrator, since that's what he wanted, and he wouldn't answer their calls. They just didn't want us to move in and we don't know why. This place is shady and run by unprofessionals.

December 14, 2016

By Kathy346378

The memory care unit of Harmony House at Ocala looks like an older place and could use some sprucing up. Mom has had a few incidents there wherein I felt they could have used more staff because there's not enough people to watch everybody. The food is good. Mom is always taken care of, clean, and bathed, which we're happy about. They do several activities that change from day to day and stimulate the brain, like puzzles, bingo, and singing.

July 13, 2016

By Sue324002

I selected Harmony House and love it. They are wonderful, and I just sent the lady in charge yesterday a text about how much I like it. They are really taking care of my mom, and I feel very comfortable with her being there. It's very clean, and the people there are very nice and have a lot of compassion. Every time I go there, they are all just wonderful, from the nurses, to the doctors and everybody who works there. I usually go there during dinner time. They have variety of items, and I haven’t heard any of the people complain about anything. As far as the apartment, it's a bit small. There’s another lady with her as she is in a double room, and the other lady turns the air off most of the time, but the rooms are clean. They have a courtyard that they can go out on, and it’s bright there with a lot of flowers and shades that she can sit under. They take the residents out on field trips to see things, and they have bingo.

March 31, 2015

By Lovely Lady3

Harmony House was more homelike. It was nice and didn’t look more expensive as the others. It had a big fenced in area. Everybody was really friendly there. What I liked was they could go out front with supervision, but they could also go out back by themselves. The rooms were nice.
See all Memory Care reviews (7) See fewer reviews

• Memory Care Starting At: $2000/month

• Financial Guidance Extra: State Funding

• State Licenses: AL5828

About Harmony House at Ocala

Harmony House of Ocala offers spacious private and semi-private apartments for an inclusive monthly rate. Our professional team of care managers ensures excellent care and services. Harmony House’ staff help residents with activities of daily living such as bathing, grooming, dressing, taking medications and making sure they eat well.

Throughout the day, care managers offer residents three chef prepared meals daily, social activities and outings, chauffeured transportation and a personalized care and activities plan that suit residents’ abilities and needs.

Harmony House of Ocala offers an all-inclusive monthly rate. Our professional team of care managers ensures excellent care and services while helping residents with activities of daily living: such as bathing, grooming, dressing, taking medications and making sure they eat well. Harmony House offers residents spacious private and semi-private apartments, three chef prepared meals daily, social activities and outings, chauffeured transportation and a personalized care and activities plan that suit their abilities and needs.

ASSISTED LIVING SERVICES:

• 24 hour staffing
  • Nurse on staff
  • Medication supervision
  • Arrangements for local medical appointments
  • Bathing,hygiene and dressing assistance
  • Prescription ordering and delivery
  • Daily and weekly housekeeping
  • Linen, terry and personal items laundered weekly
  • Restaurant-style dining three times daily
  • Scheduled transportation for shopping and banking
  • Light exercise and activity programs
  • Social events and cultural outings

When someone you care about is suffering from memory loss, dementia, or possibly Alzheimer’s disease, it’s overwhelming to prepare for the challenges you and your family now face. At Harmony House of Ocala, we understand this challenge.

Harmony House of Ocala has created an environment completely focused on providing familiarity, compassion, appropriate support and care. We invite you to visit and meet our caregivers. You will learn how we can help you and your loved one live both safely and comfortably in a home-like environment.

HARMONY HOUSE MEMORY CARE RESIDENTS:

• 24 hour staffing with nurse coverage
  • Safe, secure environment with secured doors and fenced courtyard
  • Care from staff members with specific training in Alzheimer’s and memory care
  • Three nutritious, home-cooked meals and snacks daily
  • Group & Individualized activities
  • Outdoor gardens and screened in porch area
  • Assistance with bathing, grooming and dressing
  • Incontinence Care
  • Medication Administration under nurse supervision
  • Laundry and housekeeping services
  • Assistance with Transportation
  • Barber/Beauty Salon services available on site

Thank you for your interest at Harmony House of Ocala. Please give us a call to schedule a free tour.

Map of Harmony House at Ocala