Waterman Village

Waterman Village (352) 383-0051

Reviews of Waterman Village

Assisted Living Reviews for Waterman Village

By Mr. Haole

The staff here has pretty much everything covered from A-Z. We are newbies and, of course, due to Covid things are not normal which makes things a bit tough like meeting new peoplebut there is no Covid here while the rest of Florida is exploding. ZERO Covid on this campus; that’s a huge thing because we have strict enforcement of social distancing and masks here. Things are mellow here and everyone is friendly. Very quiet and safe at night because it’s a gated community. Take a tour when you come here and ask your guide anything and everything you want to know. Have a meal and check things out. When I first visited I did not understand the meal plan but you can take it or not— Depends on how much cooking you want to do. There seems to be plenty to do. I wish the fitness center were bigger with some additional equipment but that’s life—can’t have everything!

Thank you for your review. As the Waterman Village Social Media Editor, I've worked in many communities in my 35 year career in the senior living field, in many states, and have visited hundreds. ALL things considered, Waterman Village is tops.

By QueenieBee

Very well built and cared for buildings. Lots of mature trees and good lawn/garden care. Full dining room, plus cafe/snack location. Helpful staff/maintenance employees, and many recreation facilities.

Thank you for your review. As the Waterman Village Editor, I've worked in many senior living communities, in many states, and have visited hundreds. ALL things considered, Waterman Village is tops.

By KBrendel

We live in a cozy 1200 sq ft duplex. The staff is great and are like family. Many have been here for over 20 years, which says a lot for the organization. There are activities for any interest: cards, games, sewing, quilting, reading, crafting, shuffleboard, lawn bowling, golf, theater and trips to local places of interest. Waterman Village amenities include a pool, three dining venues, a chapel, CVS drugstore, a library, fitness center, on-site bank and a walking trail. Bus service to nearby stores is provided and transportation to doctors or the airport is also available.

By Audjohn

I have only been here 2 months but have been treated like royalty. All the employees could not be more helpful. And I can't get over that they all remember my name. Because of the pandemic I haven't been able to join activiities.

July 04, 2020

By G. McNeal

My Mom has been living at Bridgewater for 2 years & I wouldn't have her anywhere else! There aren't enough stars to give them. Not only is the facility beautiful, but the employees are too. Experienced, caring staff. I know my Mom is getting the best care. My Mom loves all the caregivers & trusts them completely. I also like the fact that there is a staffed gatehouse & Edgewater Rehab which is an excellent facility too.

Thank you for your review G. McNeal. As the Waterman Village Social Media Editor, I've worked in many communities in my 35 year career in the senior living field, in many states, and have visited hundreds. ALL things considered, Waterman Village is tops.

May 07, 2019

By Phillippa

We visited both assisted and independent living at Waterman Village Retirement Community. The facility and apartments were very nice, and the staff was great. They had a cafe and bus service to the grocery store and doctors. They had homes there, too. They're in the process of starting another complex. I always participate in any activities going on, like Alzheimer's walks and different charitable events. I had plenty of meals there. They make the best prime rib in the area. It's very lovely and very quaint. It's not an old facility, and the upkeep and the landscaping are fabulous. I wouldn't mind living there myself.

March 30, 2017

By tompotter647

We really like Waterman Village. We like the location ,and we like that they have everything that we needed. They have a pool and exercise classes. Also Mount Dora is a very nice town too. The room is a nice large apartment, and we like it. We looked at a 2-bedroom. They have just about everything you can think of. We're very happy with Waterman Village.

June 23, 2016

By Margaret662726

My favorite place is Waterman Village. They have independent, assisted, and extended care. It’s an excellent place and more like a village rather than just buildings. They have different sizes of living facilities. The staff is very caring and good.

June 10, 2016

By Sally773883

I visited Waterman Village while they were having a fire drill, so it was very loud and a little bit crazy. I think they need an update. Things were older, and I guess I have a proclivity to choose new , clean, fresh, and beautiful rather than "older." The staff was fine. The one lady I talked to was very good.

February 29, 2016

By Mark120513450

Waterman Village Retirement Community is one of our favorites. We know the people there and my daughter is very familiar with it. It was clean and acceptable. Everything seemed to be in order and the staff was decent.

August 09, 2015

By Raymond11

We practically work there as we do visitation for our church, so we are very familiar with Waterman. We visited people who are there from our church. Actually, it was a nice place. The people were friendly, the workers were friendly, and the place was well kept-up. They have an exercise gym, and they offer different types of exercises like water aerobics and Tai chi.

Thanks Raymond for the nice review. Yes, Waterman Village does project a loving/caring environment, that stems from its early creation as a not-for-profit / faith-based ministry, and still perpetuates throughout the organization to this day.

June 21, 2015

By Lynn S K

We have lived here for 4 years and are very pleased, the activities provided are varied and meet our needs. We feel secure and know that help is available if and when we have health problems.

May 28, 2015

By mudmarine

Waterman Village is a beautiful place and well-landscaped. Staff is running around all over the place and very friendly. They have a fancy library, games, and restaurants, but the food was not that spectacular. It’s beautiful, but we wouldn’t be comfortable living there. It is not our style of living. They’ve got a bar, beauticians, and manicures. The apartments were beautiful, and a lot of people will probably love it.

Thanks for the review mumarine! Yes . . . . Waterman Village is very blessed to have celebrated our 25th year of service and ministry last year. As a not-for-profit organization, our Board of Directors continually strive to make Waterman Village the best senior living, and senior service provider, that we can be. Having worked for 25+ years in the senior living industry, I've experienced many different communities. I'd say what makes Waterman Village extra special, compared to other senior living communities that I worked at, is the staff. They are VERY friendly and compassionate. Jeff (Public Relations)

May 06, 2015

Waterman Village looked excellent. It’s a nice, clean facility, and the hospitality was very good. They walked me around and showed their physical fitness facilities and medical facilities, and it’s rated very well here locally.

June 27, 2014

Waterman Village at Mount Dora had lots of activities for the seniors to do. The main thing was that they had a swimming pool. They said that they were going to match my mother with people who might like to do quilting and knitting with her. So, they were willing to find her a match or work with people who also like to do the things that she likes to do. I liked their dining area, too. It seemed to be very nice. The place was very clean.

June 09, 2014

By Grizzly1

Very friendly atmosphere in the entire place. I've visited dozens of retirement homes. Some look so so, but the care is great. Some look like a five star hotel, but the care it poor. It's the people that make a difference.

March 21, 2013

By green mansions

Bridgewater is very attractive, clean, with nice apartments and public areas. However the care or supervision of patients is inadequate. There is no assistance or control of dietary needs...patients order from same menu as the sister independant facility uses, with no specific healthy choice menu to choose from. A second problem is the somewhat lax security. I entered the building at 7 PM and there was NO ONE at the reception or anywhere in the 1st floor public rooms. Anyone could enter and wander around. It seems there is a more "hotel" atmosphere, with only superficial assistance.

Thank you for your reply. Yes, the Bridgewater assisted living apartment complex at Waterman Village Retirement Community is not a locked/secured unit, like some assisted living residences are that specialize in accommodating people with advanced stages of dementia are. Many residents and family members comment to us how much they like our approach to maintaining a 'home-like' and 'non-institutional' living environment. We do meet/exceed state required staffing level requirements for licensed assisted care facilities. We do now offer on our dining menu, food choices that are clearly identified as 'healthy' choices. And, we offer options for diabetic residents, those on gluten-free diets, and those on low sodium diets. As an assisted living facility, we are not permitted to offer 'special clinical diets'. Based on my 25 years of senior living experience, Waterman Village is unique, in that it has a 24/7 staffed/gated entrance. Thank you for your feedback and for allowing us the opportunity to reply and dialogue.

January 30, 2012

By kitkat101

My mother is in her nineties, confined to a wheelchair due to having problems with both hips, and suffers great anxiety when moving or transferring from the chair to other places such as the bed, toilet, or dining chair. She is capable of doing these things with assistance, but greatly fears another fall and sometimes becomes shaky. She prefers to have two aides present when being assisted with her shower, a simple comfort measure that often goes unfillfilled. She also knows on the dot when her regular pain medication is due, and is insistent on asking for it evertime whether she is in pain or not as a measure to control the pain from spiking. She tells me that the nearly 300lb regular Med Tech on her floor is often short on patience with her, and rarely has these DOCTOR ORDERED pain meds ready for her until after she asks, treating it as if she were just taking them for fun or lack of something else to do. I believe that Bridgewater isn't all bad, but could use a major staffing cleanout.

January 28, 2012

By tealites

This is a lovely assisted living facility located in a semi rural area of Central Florida. It has a gated entrance with attendants to verify guests and vendors entering the property. Prior to arriving at the main entrance of the facility there is ample parking for visitors as well as a shuttle van drop off for the residents. It is a spacious facility with resident rooms located on the ground floor as well as the two floors above. The front desk staff is especially friendly and helpful to visitors and residents needing aid to and from activities or the dining hall. They often times have live entertainment in addition to staff hosted functions. Residents have access to beauty and barber services on site as well as transportation to and from appointments off site. Meals are served in a large dining room with small groups of tables dressed in linens for the residents and their guests to enjoy. The meals are prepared with variety and health conscious choices in mind.

January 19, 2011

By SandyHelmrich

I agree that Bridgewater is a great facility visually, but also share the frustration related to level of care. My mother Ruth is active and able bodied, but suffers from dementia and is prone to wander. My family decided to remove her from the facility after she was able to not only exit the building undetected several times, but once she even got outside of the entire community and was found several blocks away when she approached a stranger and told them that she was lost. Another deciding factor was that we had experienced several minor petty thefts, most commonly money taken out of my mother's wallet. At first I though maybe she was losing her money or giving it away, so I began making her photocopies of dollar bills, knowing that she had no real need to spend them. The counterfeit money never came up missing, which only confirmed my suspicions of thievery.

Thank you for your review. Our Bridgewater assisted living apartment residence is not a 'locked-secured' unit, like some assisted living and nursing home facilities are. If a resident develops advanced stages of dementia, we work with family to either: a) hire a one-on-one care giver, or b) work with the resident's family to find a more suitable/alternative living placement, such as a locked/secured nursing home dementia care unit. We take allegations of theft very seriously and investigate them thoroughly. In my 25 years of experience working in senior living communities, often times, residents with memory impairment will accidentally misplace things, and we find them later on. It's extremely common. I spoke with our assisted living administrator, and they said there have been no pattern of theft incidents or allegations, since this situation in 2011. We'd love to have anyone come out for a tour to meet our staff, residents, and family members. Operating by our not-for-profit mission and ministry goals, are very important us.

August 12, 2010

By Clyde Shearer

To let you know how satisfied we are with Bridgewater @ least 99% of the time. The help on the wing where my mother resides are friendly and helpful, wing where room 118 is located. Maureen and Yvonne and Mrs. Ritchie and the beauty salon help are outstanding, along with the other office personnel The activities director keeps those who are interested busy and might add she probably has her hands full with those senior citizens. All of us in our family who care for my mother, Ruth Shearer, appreciate the help that might be needed ocassionaly for mom. The 1% complaint is the food not always hot or at least warm and I imagine this could be at any facility such as this. We always talk-up Bridgewater and convey our appreciation.

Questions about Waterman Village

What programs or activities does Waterman Village offer to enrich residents' well-being?

The Bridgewater at Waterman Village offers a comprehensive activity schedule, that is executed by two full time activity personnel, as well as a number of volunteers.

What places are near Waterman Village or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

Bridgewater assisted living residents have easy access to the Edgewater Health & Rehabilitation Center, located right on The Oaks Retirement Community campus, if ever needed. This makes the transition for assisted living residents to a nursing home level of care,much easier. And, family members don’t have to worry about having to find ‘another place’ for their loved one. The Edgewater has been consistently ranked as a Medicare Five Star Rated Nursing Center (longest in Lake Country FL). Bridgewater residents also have access to Waterman Village’s full-service in home care agency & physical, occupational, and speech therapy clinic located right on site. There’s even a CVS Pharmacy and Church located right on the Waterman Village campus. Having all these amenities and services available right on site, helps enhance the quality of life of Bridgewater residents, and makes the lives of family members much-much easier in the long run.

What transportation services does Waterman Village offer to assisted living residents?

COMPLIMENTARY medical appointment transportation certain weekdays and times, besides regular outings.

What makes the chef or dining program at Waterman Village exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

The food for the Bridgewater Assisted living residents, is prepared by the same Executive Chefs that prepare the food for our independent living residents, and in the same kitchen. Once family members compare the quality, quantity, and variety of the Bridgewater's culinary services, they often choose the Bridgewater for their loved one.

What safety features or security measures does Waterman Village offer to assisted living residents?

Waterman Village is a gated community, that is staffed 24/7 at the front gate. VERY important for a retirement/senior living community.

How does Waterman Village keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

Through our Facebook page and activity calendars.

If Waterman Village accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

Yes we do. We have many spacious areas on the campus.

What ongoing senior care training does the staff receive?

Each staff person receives at a minimum, 15 hours of continuing education training each year, on topics such as infection control, fire safety, and customer service.

What safety features or security measures does Waterman Village provide to protect residents who wander?

We are not an assisted living memory care facility, for those who are considered to be at HIGH RISK for wandering or elopement.

Costs for Waterman Village

Photos of Waterman Village

Services and Amenities of Waterman Village

• Companion Suites: We Do Offer Companion Suites.

• Pets: Small Pets Allowed.

About Waterman Village

watermanvillage.com

The Bridgewater assisted living residence, located on the campus of The Oaks Retirement Community at Waterman Village, has established its reputation as the premier assisted living residence in the Mount Dora, Eustis, Tavares, Leesburg, and Sorrento Florida areas. Three decades of solid experience has never been bought, sold, bought, sold, etc., a local not-for-profit organization (no offsite ownership or management).

A major/unique benefit of choosing an assisted living apartment at the Bridgewater, is should a Bridgewater resident require short term rehab. following a hospital stay, they can make a smooth and easy transition right next door to the adjacent Edgewater Health & Rehabilitation Center, located right on The Oaks Retirement Community campus. Makes life so much more convenient for Bridgewater residents and their family members. The Edgewater has been consistently ranked as a Medicare Five Star Rated Nursing Center.

Bridgewater residents also have access to Waterman Village’s full-service in-home care agency and physical & occupational therapy clinic, located right on site. This is a real advantage and convenience for residents and their family members. There’s even a CVS pharmacy and Church located right on Waterman Village’s campus. Having all these amenities and services available right on site, helps enhance the quality of life of Bridgewater residents, and makes the lives of family members much easier over the long run.

Before you choose an assisted living residence for your loved one, compare and experience Bridgewater’s food quality, quantity, choice, AND SERVICE. If you’re like most, you’ll be very glad that you did.

Residents love our full-time Pastor, Rev., Chaplain Robert, and associate Chaplains Cindy and Lincoln. It’s ‘love thy neighbor’ in action.

We’re a not-for-profit organization, with a 30-year history, that’s locally owned, managed, and operated. Our first and foremost mission is to help our residents live their best lives possible. Like Mount Dora, it is ‘Someplace Special’. Come and visit the Bridgewater assisted living residence located on the campus of Waterman Village retirement community in Mount Dora, before you decide on an assisted living residence for yourself or loved one. Meet and talk to the Directors. If you’re like other family members, you’ll be very glad and thankful that you did.

Many of our Bridgewater staff have been with us for many years. We also have LICENSED professional nurses scheduled 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. We have a dedicated team of dining room servers for each meal served, who solely work in the Bridgewater dining room, and not out ‘on the floor’ as nursing assistants or activity staff. Both very rare in the industry.

Map of Waterman Village