Fair Havens Center

Reviews of Fair Havens Center

Assisted Living Reviews for Fair Havens Center

May 08, 2012

By snowball2422

The experience was alright. I often found it difficult to find parking in their lot, but still had a chance to park behind the street. The place itself looked very nice and well taken care of. Inside people were very nice and actually remembered who I was and who I was family with, that I also thought was a good perk. The amenities they offered were not the greatest, and I often heard my grandmother complain about them. Overall, it was not a bad facility, though I'm sure she would have preferred another.

Nursing Home Reviews for Fair Havens Center

July 05, 2014

By manystyles

Other

I am a firefighter who responds to fairhaven when there are patients in distress. There are numerous reasons why I would never put a loved one in this particular nursing home. It is one of the worst ALF'S I have ever seen. One of the major problems I see at fairhaven is the staff's inability to comlpete ssimple tasks without endangering the residence such as feeding patients who have pec tubes. These are tubes surgically inserted into the patients stomach for feeding. Often times we (fire-rescue) are called because a patient is in respiratory distress. This usually happens when you feed a patient through the tube while they are laying down. This is an extremely frequent occurrence at this facility. I notice that most problems occur well after hours which indicates the facade of a well oiled machine since family members see adequate staff during visiting hours. After hours, however, the quality of care takes a turn for the extreme worse. The immobile patients are not often bathed or moved and therefore develop horrible bed sores. The smell is unbearable at times. The staff often is unaware of things they should be aware of because doctors write everything in the patient's chart. All that is needed is to look in the chart to know about the patient. There are very little medical staff that could handle emergencies. I have personally seen where the night staff is supervised by a certified nurses assistant, not an RN or even an LPN. It is horrible. Stay clear of this nursing home.

August 20, 2012

By roquec

My grandmother entered the facility after breaking her hip and being unable to live on her own. We moved her in during the late summer and although she was hesitant to live there, she soon began to bond with other people living there and the staff. This is when we realized she would actually prefer living at the ALF than at home. The staff was incredibly helpful and courteous no matter what our questions, concerns, and requests were. They were always willing to make sure every thing my grandmother wanted was given to her, and they were always concerned with making sure the people staying there were comfortable. For the last year my grandmother has been living at the ALF and we visit her every few days. She has really grown to enjoy living there, and we feel that it was an excellent decision to move her into Fairhaven.

July 30, 2012

By krystalp28

It seemed clean and like home for residents who could get around and walk, however , my uncle was 95% disable and was unable to talk. He developed many bed sores and wasn't bathed days at a time. Some of the staff seemed very concerned with this problem but it still occurred. The nursing home was cleaned thoroughly every time we visited. They had game nights, holiday parties and their own fee hair salon. My uncle received the bad end of the stick because he couldn't do nothing for himself. Sometimes we would come and smell that had boo booed on himself.We were very unhappy with their service.

June 22, 2011

By BevDivision

I had taken a tour of this facility years back when my family and I were looking for a place for my aunt. Nothing about this place really struck me as fantastic. It was the usual type of facility I had seen before. It wasn't bad nor good. The place seemed a bit crowded with a lack of staff members. There were several residents yelling for assistance and I didn't see anyone rush in to help. That was a wake up call right there. One of the staff members gave me a tour of the facility and when we were asking a bunch of questions, he didn't respond as eagerly and kindly as I had hoped. We ended up choosing a different facility in the area.

Services and Amenities of Fair Havens Center

• Nurse On Staff: Onsite 24/7

• Overall:
  • Date Certified: 10/01/2019

About Fair Havens Center

Fair Havens Center is a senior living provider in Miami Springs, Florida that offers residents Assisted Living and Nursing Homes. Contact Fair Havens Center for more details on services and rates.

Map of Fair Havens Center