VIP Care Pavilion

Reviews of VIP Care Pavilion

Memory Care Reviews for VIP Care Pavilion

November 14, 2016

By Bell811851

VIP Care Pavilion was very closed-off to people. We wanted to come in and visit and do a cold call, but we couldn't. It took me a couple of times to make an appointment with the Director of Nursing. It just seemed like there was more severely cared-for patients there. It looked like everybody was out of their room, everybody sitting in the kitchen, and it seemed like it had a more severely impaired patients. There was no smell, it was very pleasant, and it also had only one floor. However, the owner or the director was not accessible, and when you're making a plan to get your parents if they want to go out, I don't feel it was going to be possible there. It might have been just the time of the month, but every time I ask if I could bring my sister there to see it or someone else to see it, it was met with a negative, and we had to wait for her to call us back to give us an appointment. I just want to be able to view and see. I don't want anything hidden from me, and residents cleaned up when people come in.

October 22, 2014

By LookingAhead

We chose VIP sight unseen since we live 1,000 miles away. We did a lot of research including reading online reviews, exchanging emails and conversing by phone with a staff representative, and as a result our father entered VIP. The first time we visited Dad we were greatly disappointed. Because the gates and doors are locked for the residents’ security, it felt like we were entering a minimum security prison. The walls were painted a Pepto-Bismol pink and the “skylights” letting in the only natural light were about 15 feet above eye level, allowing no one to see out. One literally could not tell whether it was day or night, which was depressing; the residents suffering from dementia need natural light. Dad’s double occupancy room was tiny, with two twin beds, a night table between them, and an armoire for each resident. His bathroom across the hall was shared by everyone on that side of the wing, probably 10-12 men! There was little visual stimulation in the place such as generation-appropriate displays or paintings, or anything colorful on the dining tables. There were two large community rooms: one, a dining area where those who could feed themselves were seated with those who needed assistance, and the other filled with large recliners and a wall-mounted television. After lunch residents were led to the chairs and covered up for a nap. There seemed to be no craft or other activities on any of the days we visited. In Dad’s wing of the facility (there are three), most residents were in one of the two rooms either lined up in their wheelchairs or in the recliners sleeping. Except in his tiny bedroom or going outside to the small fenced-in patio, the only other place to “visit” with Dad was in the community room with everyone else. Dad’s clothes and personal property were not well maintained. Although we were told that all of his clothing would be labeled, what we actually saw was his first name only written in marker on some but not all of his clothes. Since moving to his current facility we discovered a ripped shirt and a badly stained shirt that had to be thrown away, and several missing clothing and personal items. On frequent family visits it was found that Dad frequently was sockless. Although we desired notification regarding Dad’s doctor visits/diagnoses and his overall condition while at VIP, we do not feel that we were apprised of situations (good or bad) as they arose. We needed to make a specific request to be informed of any incidents or changes to Dad’s health or behaviors. Even after the request we were sporadically informed of news and the director was often condescending. Communication with management seemed great before Dad moved there, but basically disappeared once he actually arrived. Often when we called we were told Dad was doing great except for some inappropriate behaviors, yet no one offered recommendations on how to help him; instead it seemed like they were letting us know they were caring for him “in spite of” his behaviors. He has dementia and was evaluated before entry, so we expected appropriate corrective supervision. Additionally, while we were told that the website was current, we have subsequently learned that is not 100% the case. We saw little resident stimulation that impressed us—few activities, mediocre meals, and a staff which seemed too busy to engage him. Caution should always be taken when placing a loved one with dementia in an assisted living facility. Thoroughly investigate VIP before selecting it as your facility of choice.

October 16, 2014

By Scott21

About two years ago, dad was at VIP Care Pavilion. The care that he received was tremendous. The staff was great. The people that worked there have been there for a while, so there was no high turnover which is good. As far their activities go, they have different things, but I don’t think they have a bus that comes to take people shopping.

September 17, 2014

By wanamaker1

I wanted you to know we buried Dad Monday at Star of David. I had a full military funeral and it was very moving. I want you to know how wonderful your facility was for my Dad. As you might remember, I chose VIP from a simple recomendation from Park Summit. I looked at your web site and with my gut feeling I reached out to you, not knowing if both my Dad and my Mother would be pleased. You and your facility could not have a offered a finer and more qualified home for my Dad on his last month with us. I was very touched by the compassion of everyone on your staff. I must say that you, Stacey, never let me down. Scott and you really cared for my Dad and also as importantly, for my Mom. His last days at VIP, were extra special and his Hospice care there was exceptional. Cathy was wonderful! I only wish I had a chance to personally meet all of you and thank you personally. I do hope to stop by in the near future and say hello. As you promised, Dad lived out his final days with Dignity and compassion. I will highly recommend VIP to any future patients and their family. Very truly yours, David L Wanamaker

May 07, 2014

By Lanza Family

I would love to write a comment on VIP Pavilion and Stacey. I was in a very difficult situation when I was informed at the Assisted Living Facility where my Mom lived in Orlando, Fl, that they could no longer care for her needs due to her severe paranoid delusions associated with her Alzheimer's disease. She had become very agitated and lived in mental and emotional anguish. They had no idea how to properly care for her; they were neither trained nor skilled at dealing with dementia patients and their growing emotional and psychological problems. VIP was referred to me by several dear friends who had excellent experience with them. I contacted Stacey and I was very impressed with her expertise, her passion, her experience and commitment to assist my Mom and all her patients with dignity, compassion and insight. Her vast knowledge of the disease and how to successfully care for Alzheimer patients was really exceptional. Her love for them was inspirational. She transported my Mom from her facility in Orlando and the process was so smooth and so caring that I was overwhelmed with gratitude. Stacey really loves what she does and the people that she serves; she is committed to, and an advocate of Alzheimer's patients. Mom loved her from the moment she saw her and trusted her; Stacey has a way to put seniors at peace and knows how to get inside their "unique world", producing fantastic outcomes. Not only was the Transport great, but Mom has been at the facility for a week today, and she is not agitated, not suffering, she is at peace and looks happy. Thank you Stacey, Jennifer, and VIP Staff. You are life savers!!!!!

April 29, 2014

By Goodmanbru

Very clean and well staffed facility. They saved my Dad's life by transporting my Dad from PA to FL who was being over drugged in another nursing home. They handled all the transportation and stayed with him the whole time. My dad has improved so much here. His is so much more alert, very clean, diabetes greatly improved, and they handle his dementia so well! And he's only been here for 2-1/2 weeks and has improved this much!

May 21, 2013

By meg jean jim

I feel very fortunate to have found a facility such as VIP for my husband. The care and attention he received there could not have been better. As a daily visitor, I was able to observe at close range how residents were treated and cared for. I highly recomment VIP to anyone in need of such a residence.

April 18, 2013

By mjb@aol.com

Our family chose VIP and it has been the best place for our loved one. Scott, owner, is involved in all aspects of the operation of VIP. He knows all the residents by name and has a wonderful way of making them feel at home. Both he and Stacey show compassion to all. Jennifer, head nurse, has a way of bringing out the best in everyone at VIP. The level of care that the staff provides is superb. Residents are treated like members of their own family with TLC. I felt the need to write this review after reading the utterly false statement posted on April 4, 2013. VIP is a most wonderful place for a loved one who needs that extra care.

April 16, 2013

By Nat S

5 stars for VIP. Caring, Clean, Compassionate, and Comfortable. After visiting many ALF's, VIP tops the cake. My mind is at ease knowing that the professional staff of VIP is caring for my loved one. Peace of mind...priceless.

By Dee Lucia

Vip care pavilion made it very easy to be at ease with leaving my loved one here......I was very happy to see all the activities and how well the establishment is kept up with. On behalf of my family and I, keep up the good work.......

By Jhandyman.com

My family member was in the best of hands at VIP. He was cared for physically and emotionally. The staff was so nice to me when I visited my loved one. They were kind and accommodating in every way. My entire family is appreciative of all the warm and loving care given. Bless you all.

By miamomma

Each time I visit my friend at VIP I find my friend very happy, either playing bingo or doing a craft project!! She loves the music and it makes her want to sing along! I have found the place to be very clean, and well kept. It is not the most glamorous place, but it is 'like home' to the family/friends as well! The Staff knows who I am when I visit and who I am visiting, that means a lot. I love the way they sit at individual tables for meals, just like at home, it give the residents a chance to talk to friends, and the family members get to see how their loved one relates and responds to the other residents. I know my friend is well cared for there and feel she is in a good place!! I know the family can call at any time if they have a question, someone will answer right away or they will get a call back in a short time. I have visited a lot of friends at different places and VIP Care Pavilion is by far the best place!!

By hamichristi

About 4 years ago I was struggling to care for my mother who had Alzheimer's. I was lucky enough to know someone who recommended VIP Care Pavilion to me. I don't know where I would have ended up without the knowledge and compassion of Stacey Grant and Scott Colton. They explained every step of the process and I never felt alone or unsure. Since I have placed mom there I have peace of mind knowing she has dignity and quality of life. The facility caters to all levels of patient need and they never penalize you for the disease process by raising the rent if the level of care needed gets greater. Mom is stimulated throughout the day which is something I could not do for her. I am amazed by the level of care the staff provides to everyone. There is always someone to assist with questions or even a simple update on mom's care 24-7. I would defiantly recommend this ALF to anyone who needs help with a loved one.

October 29, 2012

By ciara12

I really feel like this facility provides a great and peaceful environment for it residents. Everything from the outdoor surroundings to the room of the residents was well kept, organized, and clean. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful with transitioning my grandparents into the facility. They made sure to take note and implement any special needs my grandparents had before they moved in. The residents have daily entertainment and are taken to local areas around the city if needed such as the mall or restaurant. All meals are made fresh and a variety is offered to all residents on different days of the week. The fact that the owners of this facility specialize in Alzheimer's disease made my family and I really comfortable with trusting the staff to care for my grandmothers who was recently diagnosed with the disease. My grandparents always seem at ease when I visit them and have really felt at home at this facility.

October 13, 2012

By jkraus8464

We are new in the process but our first impressions were so great that we had to share them. We were dreading the visit. VIP is nothing like anything I have seen before. It is clean and bright and pleasant. The residents are clean and well cared-for. Not one was in their room but all were out participating in activities such as painting, puzzles, listening to music or TV. Every staff person knew every resident and treated them with love and respect. Today I called to speak to the supervisor to see how my resident was doing and got a nice phone call with comments about her health care and what they were already doing for her. It is made a very difficult process so much easier for us. I cannot wait to visit.

September 24, 2012

We think mom's fine in VIP Care Pavilion. She's been there for about a month, now. Although, I haven't been able to go down to see her yet, I have spoken to her and it seems okay. She seems happy. The facility is pretty basic. It was more of the care that we're really concern of. And I think the care appeared to be a little better than others, specifically dealing with Alzheimer's.

September 11, 2012

By Steve T

Our familywanted to move our loved one closer to everyone in Florida from Alabama. My brother-in-law Jim needed assisance with many aspects of his daily living and was unable to be on his own. We met Scott and Stacey at VIP Care Pavilion and they made it an incredibly smooth trasition. Every aspect of the move, transportation and care for Jim was taken of. If you are looking for a great team to provide care for your loved one, VIP is #1 on my list.

April 07, 2012

By commercesd

We visited the VIP Care Pavilion in Margate while searching for a suitable assisted living facility for my friend's mother. We immediately noticed that the outside grounds were spacious with lush greenery. The staff greeted us and seemed very warm and friendly - which is the most important thing to us. They specialize caring for seniors with memory and mobility impairment. The foyer was nicely decorated and seemed homey, as did all of the communal rooms. The spaces were all clean, well-kept and conveniently designed. They take the time to personalize to each resident's tastes. The dining areas were nicely designed and warm. Residents may choose communal dining or more private situations. There are places for them to visit with families, as well. The food looked deliciously prepared, as well as nutritious. The chef changes up the menu to keep it interesting and encourages residents to make suggestions. The outside had a really pretty outdoor walking path. The activities they plan regularly include everything from visiting local restaurant favorites, the public library and movies - to day trips into surrounding towns. They have planned exercise classes and encourage regular exercise. The residents all looked very well taken care of and seemed content with the kind and caring staff. It is clear that the seniors are enjoying this stimulating, yet peaceful living environment.
See all Memory Care reviews (26) See fewer reviews

Costs for VIP Care Pavilion

Photos of VIP Care Pavilion

Services and Amenities of VIP Care Pavilion

• Companion Suites: We Do Offer Companion Suites

• Pets: No Pets Allowed

About VIP Care Pavilion

VIP Care Pavilion, located in Margate, Florida, provides dedicated memory care to residents suffering from Dementia and Alzheimer’s. For over 15 years, our sole commitment has been to deliver the highest quality of Alzheimer’s and memory care through medical expertise, enriching activities and daily acts of compassion.

We offer four levels of care (and overlapping care), with each resident receiving a customized structured program depending on his or her abilities and needs. We believe all residents deserve a place where they feel safe, secure and always comfortable. And we strongly uphold the belief that every resident should be able to naturally progress through these stages without any penalty. We have one price and it stays that way.

Minimum

Residents in the minimum stage of Alzheimer’s or dementia are ambulatory but may need the help of one person, due to an unsteady gait. Patients need occasional cueing and prompting, but are continent and fully able to function in the bathroom by themselves.

Intermediate

At the Intermediate care level, residents have an unsteady gait, are exit seekers and need complete assistance going to the bathroom. They require help every day with eating, getting dressed, and using the toilet. VIP staff members are trained to use lots of cues, prompts and direction to assist with their daily needs.

Maximum

Maximum care is provided to residents who have an unsteady gait and need the assistance of two people. Caregivers will cue, prompt, praise and support residents in daily routines such as sitting on a chair, going to bed, or using the bathroom. Maximum care residents are sometimes an elopement risk and can be aggressive.

Hospice / Aging in Place

Residents at VIP Memory Care will never have to move because of behavior problems and challenges associated with Alzheimer’s or dementia. We are extremely committed to allowing residents to age with dignity in one place, surrounded by staff members who truly care for them.

With Hospice Care, residents will receive extra services from a third party to ease their pain and provide the care and case management necessary for the most comfortable quality of life. Families have peace of mind knowing their loved ones will live their final days in familiar surroundings and with caregivers they know and trust.

Our activities program has been featured on CNN.

• Arts & crafts
  • Cognitively modified board and memory games and exercises.
  • Beautiful, secure out door spaces, vegetable gardens and a BBQ area.
  • Group fitness classes
  • Live music and entertainment
  • Tea time
  • Monthly parties
  • Massages
  • Manicures
  • Mental Stimulation
  • Skype

Located in the heart of South Florida, just outside of Fort Lauderdale in Broward County, our residents relocate from all areas of the United States to partake in our nationally recognized memory care program.

Map of VIP Care Pavilion