Brookdale Island Lake

Reviews of Brookdale Island Lake

Assisted Living Reviews for Brookdale Island Lake

June 30, 2015

By Cheri14

Brookdale was very good and I really liked the place. It was well-staffed, it was clean and the lady who gave us a tour was very helpful. She took us around to the different areas and eating area. She was very good. I would recommend that as it’s a great place.

April 29, 2015

By Leonard8

Brookdale Island Lake is excellent and very good. Everything is very good except that I am not sure if they would accept my wife as a resident because of her condition. I have visited it twice, and everything is fine. The only problem is that their license is not good enough to take care of any ailments and health issues, so they are not interested in taking my wife as a patient. I have nothing bad to say because everything and everybody was very good.

January 21, 2015

By Barbara104844750

My parents are now at Brookdale Island Lake. It is close by and nice. The staff seems nice, and the rooms are really nice. The food is really good.

September 08, 2014

The grounds at Chambrel at Island were really beautiful. They have set inside like a real island lake community. The staff was really terrific. They were nice. This place though was very expensive.

July 31, 2014

By Cathy90540450

We went to Chambrel at Island Lake and it’s a wonderful facility. I have a friend who is there and I knew mom would love it there too. It's a very nice place and it's exactly what she wanted. They have an apartment and basically you do have a kitchen. It wasn’t too small, but definitely not too big. With assisted living, she would get all of her meals. Everything is right there. Their dining room is like a restaurant.

June 30, 2014

By Andrea21

What was impressive at Chambrel was that they were right on top of it when I asked what they would do in case of fire and what the protocols were. Others didn't know, but they (Chambrel) were very good. They have a pool there. Their rooms and their dining room were very good as well; however, my grandma just said that it was a little too fancy for her. Three of the staff there were very good. There were four of us who visited it at different times, and the staff was very accommodating and knowledgeable.

June 17, 2014

My mom decided to stay in Chambrel at Island Lake, and they take good care of her there. Chambrel is a very nice place, and she's happy there. The nurses are very attentive, and it is a good place for her. They have lots of activities. They have an outdoor pool where they have water aerobics. They have bingo, discussion groups, and they show movie there. They have a piano in their gathering room, and people come in to play the piano for the residents. They take the residents out to movies. They have physical therapy available right there, which is a good thing. They also have occupational therapy there.

March 27, 2014

By Elizabeth33

The people who work in Chambrel are really wonderful and very friendly. The rooms were very spacious. They were larger than most other places we've looked into. They also even have screened areas where you can walk into the grass right from your room, which is very, very nice. Overall, the facility is very clean, and the food was very good, too.

February 13, 2014

By caring76258050

My mom is in Chambrel at Island Lake. What we liked was that they had a lot of activities and they had a lot of people and things going on. They’ve got everything; workout stuff, computer room, movie night, dancing and field trips. We were able to put mother in a nice, little apartment with a kitchen and living room. The food is excellent, it’s like in a restaurant where you order off a menu.

January 31, 2014

My sister and brother-in-law are now at Chambrel at Island Lake and they are happy there. Their apartments are very nice and clean. The place is aging a little bit and I think they are doing some remodeling, but overall it's clean. I think the carpet in the hallway is beautiful. I have eaten there quite a few times and the food – I have better and I've had worse, but I would say everyday it is good and they have lots of choices which is good. They have exercise class which my they are participating and that has been really good. All the residents there seemed pretty happy. The staff are all very nice and friendly.

December 29, 2013

I think Chambrel at Island Lake is quite an attractive facility. It looks like the apartments are nice. We only dealt with one person and she was very knowledgeable and very helpful.

November 23, 2013

The reason for the search was that I was just looking to see what is out there in case I need it. I visited Chambrel at Island Lake and I thought it was a very nice place. Everybody was very helpful. The staff seemed to be friendly. I did see one of their rooms and it was not bad. Overall, I enjoyed the tour. If somebody ask me about them, I would tell them that they must go visit and see this facility for themselves.

October 28, 2013

By Russell6

Chambrel was a really nice facility. I would compare them to where we live now. The only thing was that I think they're a little more expensive than normal. However, you do get what you pay for. The staff was very friendly and very accommodating. They took us around and showed us several apartments. Surprisingly, when we went there, we had a very good lunch there. Their dining room was really nice with tablecloths and waitresses and waiters who took care of our needs. For sure I would recommend this place.

October 23, 2012

By kendra1030

I visited this facility looking for an adequate accommodation for my father in the possibly near future. I was able to use a GPS to find my way to the facility. It was not hard or confusing to find. The entrance to the property was open and made it easy to spot and locate. Upon entering I was immediately impressed with how clean and lavish the interior was. The ceilings were high and the rooms were spacious. We took a general tour of the main area. The dining area was beautiful and had numerous tables for all the guests. The decor was exceptional. It matched the environment appropriately and added a nice sense of class. The pool was large and very clean. It would be a nice spot to go to while visiting my dad. The property backs up to a smaller lake that added a nice sense of peace and tranquility. Although I never took the time to view the rooms for the residents, I felt this place had lots of great things to offer. It is a little bit further away but still close enough where I am comfortable with having my relative stay here. I would still keep this as an option for residency.

July 29, 2012

By JUDY 1

We've visited Chambrel at Island Lake and the place is really beautiful. It's clean and well kept. They have large courtyard and garden, wide walking path, and they have an outdoor swimming pool! They only provide meals which is a choice of lunch or dinner. And they have private dining room as well for family or friends when they come to visit and dine. The staff were nice, very warm and welcome. It's place you can really choose to stay.

May 30, 2012

By Jason2

When we visited this place, my mom instantly liked it. It's very clean and way better than the others we visited. It's not cheap though. It's $3000 a month to stay there but it's all worth it. Her place is really like that of an apartment and she is very comfortable living there. She can even cook if she wants to because she has a kitchen of her own inside. The people around her are nice, both the staff and the residents. They have activities to keep them busy. They have everything there

March 22, 2012

By LovingSon2

My mother and stepfather both were placed at Chambrel. He needed nursing care and she was able to take advantage of the more independent arrangements Chambrel offers with a small apartment of her own. My parents and my family were generally pleased with all of the services offered here. Moving in to such a facility can be somewhat traumatic for elderly patients. My mother felt early on that a piece of jewelry and some other minor items had turned up missing and she suspected the cleaning staff. The family decided, however, that this was most likely imagined.

Independent Living Reviews for Brookdale Island Lake

July 31, 2015

By Tony25

My father is in Brookdale Island Lake (Formerly Chambrel at Island Lake). He is independent, but if he had to move to assisted, he could transverse to assisted in the same facility. They have classes going on, physical therapy, events, people coming to visit like singers or magicians, car shows, jeopardy, board games, and water aerobics. They have a really nice menu. They have the same three things everyday, which are good, but then they have three other things that are their specialty. I've tasted the food there, and it actually tastes pretty good. Old ladies are always doing puzzles or playing cards, and you see people out and about doing stuff. There's a lady at the front desk the whole time. She won't let you in unless you sign in. At night, the doors are locked, and you have to have a swipe card or a key to get in. They're not going to let the people just wander in and out.

January 26, 2015

By Charles101870550

The food was good, and I liked the type of people who were there at Chambrel. It was also one of the expensive facilities. It has assisted living in the same building. It had a nice little nice lake and swimming pool. The only issue I had with this facility was that they only had independent living and assisted living in the building. The staff was extremely knowledgeable and helpful. They were not pushy.

January 21, 2015

By Jo20

I've known a few people that lived in Chambrel. They do have apartments, but the one that I visited are in the same building where they cook the food. I can't bear smelling food all the time. The food was OK. The staff was friendly, and they have a lot of activities. They have a bus that takes them wherever they want to go. I like that you could have your separate apartment. It's a nice place, but I just would not live there if I can help it.

December 03, 2014

Chambrel was excellently super. The room and the dining room were very nice, and I think everybody was very nice. I liked it best. They had a lot of things going on, and the staff was very nice.

October 24, 2014

By Toni10

I liked Chambrel. I liked the people. I found everybody to be friendly. I liked the facility. It was well kept, and I liked the way it was laid out. It was pretty nice. I would absolutely recommend them to others.

September 24, 2014

Chambrel at Island Lake is the one I love. I just like everything about it. I liked our tour guide. She told us all about the facility and showed us around. She was wonderful. I just like the whole set-up. You get a full kitchen and the other ones I looked at only had partial kitchens. This one has a full kitchen with a stove. Also I love the pool. I like the atmosphere. I was able to try their food and it was wonderful. Overall, I was really impressed with the people and everything else they had to offer.

December 29, 2013

By Linda76569450

I like that the Chambrel at Island Lake do have cottages and not just high rise building. It was like a home to me. They have an outside area with a patio and a grassy ground. They have two bedrooms and two bathrooms. It's just very nice. They have different activities like crafts and computer classes. They also have physical therapy, water aerobics, and many more.

November 22, 2013

Chambrel at Island Lake was nice, very clean and very large. There was a bit of walking and some residents were older. The distances toward the dining room or parking lot would be one of the things they should be concerned about. The apartments had a complete kitchen. The residents seemed active, happy and contented. They had a lot of activities and there was a calendar on the wall with what was happening and what was available. They had several computers for residents who wanted to work or took lessons. There was also a swimming pool and water exercises. The lady that showed me around was very friendly, nice and helpful. In the dining room, the people were helpful and pleasant. I had lunch and the food was delicious. They had a good selection of food, some were available all the time and others were available for the day only. It seemed like you can have anything you wanted. I was really interested in this facility and I would recommend it to others.

October 28, 2013

By Russell6

October 22, 2013

By Tom35

We like Chambrel the best because the staff seems very nice. They were very helpful as we were walking through the place that day and answering follow-up questions. They seem to have a lot of tenure so it's nice to know that there's not a lot of turnover in staff. We thought that was important. The room layout is really the most ideal because it had a separate kitchen and a separate bedroom. It was a nice galley type of kitchen with an opening in the wall that you could actually sit at the island if you wanted to. It seemed to have a nice division between the rooms. Dad can swim there year round which is a big thing for him because the pool is heated. He's met some people and is playing cards on a regular basis and seems to be doing pretty well. The food was pretty good the time we ate there with him. He didn't like the spaghetti sauce and we reminded him that he's Italian and he's had his favorite spaghetti sauce for many years and obviously any place he goes is going to be different. He seems to be doing okay there.

May 31, 2013

By Lex2

Me and my wife are actually in the process of beginning to look for a independent living facility and we have visited Chambrel. It's very close to the city of Orlando. It's in business residential area. The place was very well kept up and I'm just pleased about everything. Everything was modern. The apartments were actually comfortable. The staff was nice.

Services and Amenities of Brookdale Island Lake

About Brookdale Island Lake

Brookdale Island Lake provides a full range of choices for today's seniors. Choosing a senior living community represents a lifestyle choice and we understand that our residents are choosing much more than a comfortable living environment to call home. Our Brookdale community delivers Inspired Independent Living, with the promise of Exceptional Experiences Everyday. In choosing this community, our residents have made a conscious lifestyle decision designed to deliver enhanced opportunities for pursuing health and life fulfillment through the exceptional services, amenities and opportunities we offer. And, our residents can rest assured that as their needs change we provide a variety of ancillary services and a Personalized Assisted Living environment that encourages our residents to continue to live as they please while respecting individual preferences.

Our Optimum Life&reg and Celebrations programs provide an all-encompassing way of life that touches the lives of our residents, their families and associates alike. Optimum Life&reg is a journey of self-discovery including services, features and benefits that allow each resident to pursue their peak level of health, wholeness and fulfillment while balancing six key dimensions of personal wellness: emotional, intellectual, physical, social, spiritual and purposeful. As part of Optimum Life&reg we encourage our residents to celebrate life each day. Inspired dining and vibrant lifestyle activities come together in our Celebrations program filling the monthly calendar with themed experiences, special events and group activities that highlight different cultures and cuisines in a common venue of camaraderie.

Map of Brookdale Island Lake