Vista Lake

Vista Lake (800) 385-2527

Reviews of Vista Lake

Assisted Living Reviews for Vista Lake

March 08, 2016

Brookdale Leesburg was a very nice place. The rooms were nice. The staff was OK but a little pushy in trying to sell us a room. It was not a private room, so we were not interested.

September 17, 2015

By Susan110343250

The staff at Brookdale Leesburg was very nice; the rooms were a decent size. We liked the facility quite a bit, but the problem was it was much more expensive than where my mom is now.

April 20, 2015

The other one I visited is Brookdale Leesburg, and it is almost the exact same setup as the other Brookdale except that it is even more expensive. From what I saw the staff was fine. But I didn't get to meet as many people there as I did the other one. They were very nice, and we talked for a while, but then we left so we really didn't go around and see a lot of things there. We didn't look at the rooms because they said it was basically the same as the other one. I didn't see everything, but I would say it was fine. The cost was the deterrent for us and not the place itself.

September 08, 2014

I was able to visit Sterling House of Leesburg and I think the rooms are very good for what they were intended to be. The place is clean too. The staff are very helpful, personable, and very knowledgeable.

August 27, 2014

Sterling house was a very nice place. The staff was very cordial and everything there was fine. The rooms were certainly adequate and the dining room as well. I believe they do have an activity calendar. It’s a nice place and I would recommend it.

Thank you for taking the time to visit and share your kind thoughts about our community. We do indeed have an activity calendar to help engage our residents daily!

May 20, 2014

The staff and the rooms at Sterling House were both fine. It would have been a good choice, but it was too far away.

February 15, 2014

By Jeri4

We moved my uncle into Sterling House. We chose it because of the apartment-like rooms that they had. They were very accommodating and friendly. My uncle says the food is good. I know that they have concerts and he's doing puzzles. I know that he's taking trips outside to Publix and Wal-Mart. I know that's what he's participating in. They also have bingo and bocce and exercise classes. He's got dementia, so there's no way he can't be happier.

January 31, 2014

By Frank19

Sterling House of Leesburg was a very nice facility. The people there were very nice. They had a good manager that gave us a tour. What I like best about this facility was that it was odor-free. Even though there were only 44 beds, it just had a nice and pleasant feel about it. The only thing that was concerning was that there were so many women and not enough men. However, all in all, I have to give this facility high marks because it was very near a hospital which is comforting for older people, and the fact that it was neat and presentable and had very nice accommodations.

December 27, 2013

By Chris36

My mom had stayed at Sterling House. The facility had been re-done and it was clean. The staff there was absolutely wonderful. The aides and the nursing staff were very good. They were very accommodating and they understood the difficulty of her being separated from her husband. One thing they do there was they checked on the residents every thirty minutes. They had activities like music, puzzles and group exercise. They had an on sight physical therapist in the facility. However, she was in a room that did not go into a courtyard. So, when she decided she was ready to leave, she threw a footstool to the window and went out the window. But my concern was they didn't hear the window break. That had to be a pretty loud noise and somebody should have heard that sound. I would say the nurse practitioner at Sterling House was exception. She took the time to see my mom in the hospital after she went through window. I thought she was very, very good.

October 22, 2013

By Judith14

My sister has been at Sterling House of Leesburg since the 1st of September. It was the closest and it had everything and more than we could expect for assisted living. Staff seemed very happy and cordial with the people who live there and with each other. They are pleasant to us when we come. Rooms are small with living room, kitchenette, bedroom, and bathroom. My sister says the food is very, very good.

August 13, 2013

By Harold5

Sterling House was nice; it was near the hospital which was a good thing. It was on the ground floor.

July 29, 2013

By Vi

Sterling House of Leesburg was very nice. It was a beautiful place. The people were wonderful and it looked like a good place to be.

May 11, 2013

By caring0430213

Sterling House was very lovely. The staff members seemed to be very nice, caring and helpful. My budget didn't allow for it, it's so expensive a place. Even my friend had to move because of the expenses. Despite that, she was happy with the facility's services.

April 26, 2013

I wasn't particularly pleased with Sterling House. The person that gave us the tour didn't seem to be very friendly. It didn't seem that they're really looking for residents. And it seemed that there's not much going on, because the people in the memory care unit were just sitting in their wheelchairs just staring. My sister is 60 and has dementia, but she's active. She's mobile and she moves around. We go shopping and I do take her with me. We still are very active. But the ones that I saw there didn't seem mobile. They looked older. I would not feel comfortable with my sister being there.

February 28, 2013

By Nancy28

My mother-in-law is in Sterling House of Leesburg. She has Alzheimer's, but everything is working out very well for her. She's still able to have her own room and take care of herself. My husband and I take care of her meds. She's on automatic pill dispenser and she can still take her meds fine. I like the facility because it's small and that's a real big plus for us, because she will always find her room. They have activities, she always got things to do and she gets fed well. The only thing she complains about is food. But it doesn't matter where she goes, she's going to complain about food because she likes to eat. Her big thing is meat and vegetables, so she gets bored with yogurt. And I guess the food there is pre-packaged. But she's doing fine. She's not going hungry. I think it's nice for a facility to be able to offer that for the transition people, the ones that can live on their own but they're not bedridden yet.

September 23, 2012

By CMY

When you walk in the door, it smelled. Sterling House was shabby looking, and it just did not fit the bill at all.

Memory Care Reviews for Vista Lake

December 04, 2012

My sister has been with Clare Bridge for no more than two weeks. It's her husband and her daughter who found the place. They had visited many places and one place they saw had four people in one room and they didn't want that. She is in a private room with Clare Bridge. It's very beautiful inside and out. It looks clean. The staff seemed to be caring and treating the patients with respect. So far, my sister's daughter was out here last week and spent everyday there. She said that the staff couldn't do enough for her. My sister is a screamer and cries all the time and they're trying to work with her to get her stop doing that. We were asking her if she's in pain because she was crying but she said she's not. She was slowly progressing to the point where she is at now. She was kind of manipulative even more so now. Anyway, they're gonna try some audio tapes with her today. It might help because she used to be an avid reader. They're doing everything that they possibly can. They assured us that they would help her.

June 23, 2012

By Caring 6371

The facility is pretty nice and the people around are friendly. I noticed that the place is well maintained and clean. We looked into their apartments and I think it's pretty small for us. I will still try look for other facilities for more options.
See all Memory Care reviews (6) See fewer reviews

Costs for Vista Lake

Photos of Vista Lake

Services and Amenities of Vista Lake

• Fee Structure Extra: We Offer A Month To Month Rental

• Companion Suites: Shared Living

• State Licenses: AL8882 MC9624

About Vista Lake

At Vista Lake we’re committed to providing reliable, compassionate care to seniors requiring assistance or memory support in Lake County. For those looking for Assisted Living options in Leesburg, FL, look no further. Located in a quaint residential area near Lake Griffin, our community blends location, charm and quality care to create a senior living experience unlike any other.

In addition to providing Assisted Living options to seniors, we also offer Alzheimer’s and Dementia Care on our beautiful campus. No matter the level of care you or your loved one is looking to receive, Vista Lake will greet them with a warm welcome at every turn.

Residents can enjoy a delicious meal with friends in our restaurant-style dining room. Each cooked-to-order favorite is prepared by our culinary team and served by our gracious wait staff. Our community grounds feature walking paths as well as resident gardens, encouraging residents to enjoy a daily dose of fresh air. The surrounding area lends itself well to activities, with Venetian Gardens Park and multiple state parks nearby. The antiques district is also nearby in downtown Leesburg, ready and waiting to be explored. At Vista Lake there are plenty of opportunities to find purpose in each new day.

Services and Amenities to Suit Your Style

MEMORY CARE

• Beautifully landscaped grounds
  • Wellness center
  • 24-hour security system
  • Emergency response in each room
  • Private bathroom with sink and toilet
  • Courtyard & garden
  • Piano
  • Beauty salon/barbershop
  • Walking paths
  • Private dining room
  • Surface parking
  • Flat screen TV

Assisted Living

Assisted Living at Vista Lake provides residents with a lifestyle focused on instilling confidence and the freedom to enjoy everything life has to offer. While our experienced team members work to encourage independence, they’re still available to assist with dressing, personal care, housekeeping, medication management, transportation and other activities of daily living. We’re a nonprofit community in Leesburg, FL, and you’ll discover everything we do is focused on bettering each day for residents and their families.

Choose from a variety of floor plans, including spacious suites, comfortably designed to make you feel at ease. And should needs change, our Memory Care next door is available for any further care needs.

Memory Care

In addition to Assisted Living at Vista Lake, our on-site Memory Care is designed with intention. Our private and shared suites offer comfort to those living with Alzheimer’s or other forms of dementia, and our secure common spaces provide opportunity for shared experience.

Compassionate team members take the time to get to know residents, creating a customized approach for every individual. They take note of personal preferences and routines to ensure your loved one feels understood and appreciated every day.

Map of Vista Lake