Inspirit Citrus

Inspirit Citrus (800) 385-2527

Reviews of Inspirit Citrus

Assisted Living Reviews for Inspirit Citrus

October 02, 2014

During my visit, I thought it was very comfortable. I liked the facility. The staff was very friendly. They took us on a tour and answered all of our questions. They even provided information and told us what we needed to do. They let us look at their rooms. For someone that is used to a home, it was not spacious. But looking from a different angle, it was a decent size. We selected one room potentially because we thought we were moving my father right away. The only thing that I didn't like was the distance. It was a little far away. I thought that my father would be isolated although he could have his own world. It was really nice in totality. However, it was just too far for us to go there on a regular basis.

April 29, 2014

By Reeni

Every staff I saw was knowledgeable and had good professional ethics, but this place is not at the top of our list because it was not as uplifting as the others.

April 09, 2014

By Jerry31

It was very nice. However, they did not meet the needs we have for my father-in-law. The staff was very nice and very pleasant from a sales standpoint. The rooms were very clean and very nice.

July 24, 2013

By Charles16

It is a very nice and a wonderful facility. It is very clean. They allowed her to keep her cat which is important to her. The staff is tremendous and they were very helpful and courteous. I was able to ask a lot of questions and they were able to provide the answers. I asked them to do a couple of things to make her feel comfortable and they did that immediately. She got a one room studio and it's quite nice. They had it freshly painted and restored some portions of the room. The've got activities for just about everything they want to do. They've got Bingo, knitting, crocheting, and games.

July 12, 2013

By Charles15

It is a very nice place. It is within two miles from where my mom was staying. She got a one-room studio and it is very nice and clean. They had it freshley painted and freshly re-floored before she moved in. The staff is tremendous. They are very helpful and courteous. I asked them to do a couple of things to make my mom more comfortable and they do them immediately. They also got quite a few activities that you could want, e.g., bingos, knitting and crocheting, games. I also like this place because they allowed my mom to keep her cat, which is important to her.

June 06, 2013

By jubileejan

This community feels like a real home and I didn't realize what an obvious difference from other ALFs there would be. I figured they would all more or less be the same, but this staff was friendly, caring, interacting with all the residents who looked happy and relaxed and engaged. I'm ready to move in, too!!

January 24, 2013

By Shiela1

It was very clean and very nice. They showed us a model room. Everyone had their little private room. But the type of structure is not my mother would enjoy at all. It was like you're in a hospital ward.

November 08, 2012

By daviebrad

my mother has been at this fine facility since july 2012. i visit her at least once a week and have always found everything to be very good. my mother loves her room and is always telling me how good the food is and what a wonderful friendly staff they have. i felt awful having to put my mother in a home, but after her being here for 4 months and seeing how happy she is i know i made the right choice.

May 31, 2011

By DoreDragon

Visited this facility

I found the staff left much to be desired. The room in which I had toured for my mother was beautiful as well as the outside grounds was clean. I like that the staff pretty much left the residents to their own devices but my worry is that they may be too distant from the relatives. My mother really liked the facility and I usually tend to go with what she feels since it is her life but as a daughter I felt the facility left much to be desired. However, in speaking with some of the current residents they seem to have no complaints about the facility.

Memory Care Reviews for Inspirit Citrus

Questions about Inspirit Citrus

What ongoing training does the staff receive in dementia care?

As is the case with AL training, Brookdale utilizes Health Stream internet classes, assigned monthly to all associates. The classes provide refresher courses and updates of new regulations, practices and policies. The Clare Bridge Program Director holds In-Service training meetings as needed to insure associates are current on information pertinent to resident care.

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at Inspirit Citrus. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

Average Age is 88.4. Favorite activities: (Top five) Exercise (50%), Reading (38%), Socializing (37%), Bingo and Bible Study (Tied at 31%), and Outings to Restaurants and Shopping (29%)

What programs or activities does Inspirit Citrus offer to enrich residents' well-being?

All of the top five activities noted above are provided for on a regular basis. In addition the community offers sing-a-long groups (7th ranked), card games (6th), arts and crafts, community jigsaw puzzles, church services, live entertainment, fishing outings, weekly movies, health forums, and local speakers on local interests (politics, environment, etc.)

What places are near Inspirit Citrus or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

There is a Knights of Columbus next door, and a local “famous” hamburger restaurant within supervised walking distance. Bus outing opportunities nearby include (shopping) WalMart, Dollar Tree, Walgreens and several local restaurants, (attractions) gator farm, boat rides, alpaca farm, several parks, YMCA, three historical sites, and seasonal festivals (i.e. Strawberry, Seafood, Crab Jam, Cooter and Arts).

What transportation services does Inspirit Citrus offer to assisted living residents?

At no charge, we offer bus services. We will assist in local travel arrangements by means of public transportation and paid (such as Uber).

What makes the chef or dining program at Inspirit Citrus exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

We have highly qualified dining services associates, including our DSM, all dedicated to providing pleasant, enjoyable and memorable meals to our residents. We operate under the “We Say Yes” program. Residents are encouraged to request meals of their choosing. We offer 4 menu choices per meal, per day. Should a resident prefer something not on the menu, we ask for a couple of hours of notice to provide a meal of their preference. If stock is available, the request will be granted. If we do not have the item available, we will make every effort to have it available within three days.

What safety features or security measures does Inspirit Citrus offer to assisted living residents?

Individual pendants for residents, locates them within building and around the immediate exterior sidewalk area. Restroom alarms for each resident. Entrance doors locked after 8 pm, access by ringing door bell and associate assistance. Memory care, coded, secured entrance doors and each resident restroom alarms to be utilized for 2 hour checks.

How does Inspirit Citrus keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

We recognize the importance of quality communication with family members. In matters of change of condition or emergencies, designated family members are informed as immediately as is practicable. We invite family by mail, email or phone to join every event involving our residents. Such events as Holidays, Quarterly Family Night Celebrations, and monthly gatherings are communicated with a minimum of 30 days notice. Ice Cream Socials occur every Sunday at 2:15 PM as an opportunity for family to join our residents and to discuss concerns with management and associates. The Executive Director operates with an “Open Door” philosophy and welcomes frequent visits from all family members.

What is the care staff-to-resident ratio at Inspirit Citrus during daytime and nighttime hours?

Daytime and evening ratio is 1:15. Overnight is 1:23.

If Inspirit Citrus accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

Animals are accepted, with a non-refundable fee, and can be escorted outside the building in the grassy areas only. No indoor areas are designated unless being escorted by the owner or staff and the pet is on a leash. Animals are prohibited in the dining areas.

What ongoing senior care training does the staff receive?

Brookdale utilizes Health Stream internet classes, assigned monthly to all associates. The classes provide refresher courses and updates of new regulations, practices and policies. CPR and Med Tech classes are updated on an annual or bi-annual basis. A monthly all-staff meeting focuses on an educational topic, and department heads hold In-Service training meetings as needed to insure associates are current on information pertinent to resident care.

How many staffers are on duty in the daytime and overnight?

From 6 AM to 10 PM there are 3 associates on duty at all times. The Clare Bridge Program Director is on duty Monday through Friday from 8 AM to 5 PM. From 10 PM to 6 AM daily there are 2 fulltime associates. Those associates have additional help available if required from the AL associates on duty.

What safety features or security measures does Inspirit Citrus provide to protect residents who wander?

Sign out books are utilized in both AL and MC. AL residents who begin to display habits of wandering are placed in the secured hallway where an evaluation is performed to determine whether or not the resident should become a Clare Bridge resident. Memory Care has secured, coded entrance doors.

What programs or activities does Inspirit Citrus offer to keep residents engaged? How does the staff engage residents' long-term memories?

Associates reminisce with the residents about previous work experiences, favorite vacations, favorite hobbies. BeFit exercise classes are held daily. Music memories, hangman, trivia and travel are used to engage residents. We offer live entertainment, pet therapy, outdoor walks, nature rides and spiritual engagement.

The Health and Wellness Director assesses resident’s health and cognitive functions anytime a concern arises.

What techniques does Inspirit Citrus use to support memory care residents during mealtimes?

Brookdale practices a “Refresh” program prior to meals which involves sensory stimulation by using warm, scented hand towels that both sanitize resident’s hands, as well as enhances appetite. Meals are accompanied by calming music, and the “hand-under-hand” technique of assisting residents to feed themselves is utilized. Prompting and cueing are a part of every meal period.

How does Inspirit Citrus keep residents' families informed about their loved ones' health?

The Health and Wellness Director contacts family regarding any physical or mental change of condition. The Clare Bridge Program Director follow ups with programming to match the resident’s abilities and needs. Families are invited to attend all social activities.

Describe the neighborhood around Inspirit Citrus. Is it located in a residential neighborhood, a business district, a rural setting, or other type of locale?

Generally speaking, Citrus County is a rural area. More than 60% of the county is designated as state-owned properties that will never be developed. The county is bordered on the west by the Gulf of Mexico, and on the east by fresh-water lakes. Brookdale lies in the central portion of the county in a neighborhood of homes, the majority of which are 1 or more acre parcels. There are a scattering of service businesses within a close proximity: grocery stores, service stations, banks, fast food chains, restaurants, and WalMart. Adjacent to the property is an apartment complex. There are several churches within a one mile radius.

Is Inspirit Citrus affiliated with a hospital if more care is needed?

Brookdale Citrus refers to various local hospitals as needs arise.

Costs for Inspirit Citrus

Training Areas

• Memory Care Training

• State Licenses: AL5657

About Inspirit Citrus

Brookdale Citrus is a senior housing facility with a home-like setting and cheerful staff. Its genuine caring staff, home-style meals, daily activities and special events create a wonderful living environment. The peaceful setting, restaurant-style dining experience and activities make Brookdale Citrus the perfect place to live.

Map of Inspirit Citrus