The Barrington

Reviews of The Barrington

Assisted Living Reviews for The Barrington

May 10, 2016

By Carolyn123794950

The Barrington was a very beautiful place. The apartments were a nice size, and the staff seemed helpful and friendly, but it was assisted living, so most of the people there were in wheelchairs and walkers. They needed a lot more assistance than my parents do, so that's why it was not an option. The assisted living part was separate from the independent living, but all of the common areas were used by both.

April 11, 2016

By family/nurse

Great place,very bright and open. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. The apartments are big with plenty of space. There are plenty of activities to do everyday. When I was there I saw several of the residents having fun playing a game. People were socializing in the dining room and one gentlemen said the meal was great today. I did not notice any orders in the hallways. They were very free to give prices and did not hesitate when questions were asked about what was included. Impressed

March 27, 2016

By Mark122148150

The cleanliness at Barrington and the attention to the location of all of the residents were very impressive. They seemed to always know where everybody was. It was very nice. Alice, the lady we talked with, was very helpful. We didn’t try the food, but it smelled good. The dining room looked very nice. They actually had two dining rooms, one being for people with more serious issues at risk of choking. There were people playing cards and games, and something was going on in the main hall. It was nice but wasn’t right for my parents.

August 10, 2015

By Patty47

I have gone to a tour in The Barrington. The staff there seemed to be very competent. Everyone I spoke with was very helpful. Their work attitude seemed fine to me. Basically, they had a one bedroom apartment which looked very nice. It had its own private terrace and a small kitchenette. It was all freshly painted with all new carpets and large closets. The apartments were pretty much identical for both independent and assisted living. I haven't got to eat there, but they seemed to have a large menu. They had a beautiful dining room. They even had specials everyday as well as regular food. They had a library, a beauty shop, and a pool too. They really had a beautiful building and grounds. You could even walk the grounds for a quick exercise.

September 29, 2014

I have been in The Barrington for almost a year now. I am in an apartment and it is excellent. I think the staff is very nice and very kind. They also have a great housekeeping staff. I cook one meal a day, and the food that they serve is really excellent. There are all kinds of things that you can involve yourself in right here. It has a physical fitness room. It has an excellent library, and it has programs that they do all week long in what they called "the gathering place" which is a large community room.

August 28, 2014

We will be moving my mom to The Barrington in two weeks. Our visit there was very nice. It was bright and cheery. The rooms were a good size and very similar to what she's in. They invited us to stay for lunch and the food was excellent. They seemed to have quite a bit of activities, but we only saw one, which was a happy hour on a Friday afternoon and it was great. The staff seemed to be terrific and we were really impressed. I guessed the friendliness of the staff stood out.

April 25, 2014

By Nile

My cousin lives in the Barrington. The place was inviting, and it seemed to have lots of activities. The staff who gave the tour was very helpful and very informative. The dining facilities were very comfortable and very satisfactory. The residents looked both happy and well cared for.

April 22, 2014

We moved mom to The Barrington, and we did like it because it's a much smaller community than the other one. The food is wonderful. They are just much more personal, and that is what I was looking for. The caregiver helps her shower, and she receives her medication in a timely manner. Mom has more activities than she could possibly ever do. They have bingo and church services. On Fridays, they have happy hour, and anything that she would want is at Barrington. I would recommend this facility.

June 19, 2013

By caring80331

I found the Barrington very nice. Very nice rooms too. Actually I was looking at a two bedroom for my mom and dad. The staff was very friendly, cordial, willing to give anything information-wise that I asked. They said they had various activities and daily transport to any place residents would like to visit; that kind of stuff. The best thing is that my parents could stay theretogether, and mom could receive extra care as she needed. Like I said, they had extra facilities to take them to doctor's office when they needed to. They have a pool and other basic amenities.

August 12, 2011

By Bayshore Home Care

Beautiful community with excellent activities and dining

Independent Living Reviews for The Barrington

September 17, 2018

By Thomas

The Barrington had a screened-in porch, which was nice. The staff was fine. I didn't see any problems. The cleanliness and dining area looked good. The only thing we didn't care for was if she went from independent to assisted, she'd have to move apartments.

July 17, 2017

By Peter

The Barrington was a very nice facility, but they had no availability on the ground floor. The lady that took us around was very nice. They had an outdoor pool that was a pretty good walk to get to. It's not huge.

May 10, 2016

By Carolyn123794950

The Barrington had independent living, but my mom felt it was more institutional than independent living. Everybody at the tables in the dining room and in the common rooms were in wheelchairs or walkers. My parents were still very much independent and a lot healthier than how these other people looked. It was depressing for my parents to be in that kind of environment.

January 28, 2014

The one thing I didn't like with The Barrington is that you have to evacuate. I don't think I want to get into another situation where we'd have to evacuate in case of a hurricane here in Florida. At least they have buses standing by. I don't think The Barrington offers as much as far as assisted living. The staff was marvelous. We went to a dinner and the food was adequate.

Costs for The Barrington

Photos of The Barrington

Services and Amenities of The Barrington

• Fee Structure Extra: We Offer A Month To Month Rental

• Dining Extra: Private Dining Room

• General Store
  • Pool
  • Features Extra: Shuffle Board Court, Walking Trails, Arts & Crafts Room, Religious Services

• Pharma

• Tai Chi

• Home Sale Assistance

• Pets: Yes

• Occupational Therapy

• Licenses: 7232

About The Barrington

The Barrington is an active senior community, complete with an activities director, special events, social clubs, a fitness center and scheduled transportation. Just because you retire doesn’t mean you have to give up on your passions. At The Barrington, we believe that it’s important for every resident to continue on with the activities they enjoy most during their retirement.

Located in sunny Largo, Florida, The Barrington is a worry-free and maintenance-free senior living community full of choices. Housing options such as studios, one and two bedroom apartments are available—providing you with easy senior living. Whether you are looking for Independent or Assisted Living, our senior community of The Barrington is the premier retirement community on the Gulf Coast.

Map of The Barrington