Elmcroft of Pinecrest

Offers Assisted Living, Independent Living, and Memory Care

1150 8th Ave SW, Largo, FL 33770
Elmcroft of Pinecrest (800) 385-2527
PROMOTION! 11 days

Christmas in June! Lease by June 30 and enjoy a rent-free December.* See our Sales Director for details.

Reviews of Elmcroft of Pinecrest

Assisted Living Reviews for Elmcroft of Pinecrest

January 10, 2017

By Sandra251888

Brookdale was much bigger, so Mother had to take an elevator since she was on the 8th floor. She had a dog and taking it out was difficult. She spent 30 years in the Bradenton area and wanted to go back. They were very nice; I have nothing bad to say about Brookdale. It had a great location, beautiful foyer, and lovely dining room. It reminded me of a 5-star hotel, and the food was good.

September 30, 2016

By PKN

I am living in Brookdale Pinecrest. They have a million things for you to do, but nobody visits each other in their own rooms. The food is good. It's great, but it's not what I want.

February 15, 2016

By Elizabeth120136150

My mother is at Brookdale Pinecrest. I can’t sing their praises highly enough. They’re fabulous. I knew about this place because I have friends with parents who were there. The staff is amazing. They are so helpful, friendly, and concerned. Every patient is important to them from the office staff and the nurses to the physical therapy and the activities people. Even when they’re not absolutely dealing with the residents, the staff stops in and sees them to talk to them in their rooms. It is just amazing. The food is excellent. It is like a three-star restaurant in the main dining room. Each assisted living floor has its own kitchen and restaurant as well. The activities are excellent. There are movies every night and fantastic parties. I had the best time ever of my life at their New Year’s party.

February 10, 2016

By Anonymous119867450

I was actually familiar with Brookdale Pinecrest because for a period of time I lived three doors up from them in house we recently sold. I knew them to be responsive, courteous, and good citizens in the area. They were really good. Going from seeing a 1,400 square-foot one-bedroom to seeing one that was less than 750-square-foot; that was hard. In my mind, however, the 750-square-foot for someone that had the dowager's hump, walked with a very pronounced limp, a cane and really needed to use a walker in the evening; this was a better size apartment for her. Had it been three years ago, when they first moved her out of her house, there would be no issues; but her mobility had gotten more limited where she was staying. The day that we arrived was the day that they were giving Christmas bonuses to the staff, and it was the residents who were all lined up on the tables. They all had their assignments, and they were the one who were actually presenting the bonuses to the staff. We just thought that was wonderful. We also had lunch there, and we received terrific information from the dining services group. We enjoyed the place.

January 29, 2016

By Visitor301

Brookdale Pinecrest was fine and pretty good. They showed me around and I saw a 1-bedroom apartment with bath, full kitchen and a living room. It was of the right size. They have a library and dining room. My golf course is right next door to it.

January 25, 2016

By Caring Son27

We stopped to visit Brookdale Pinecrest for a few minutes, and the place seemed nice. They had a nice swimming pool, and their dining area was very nice as well. They had a coffee shop and a nice library, too.

December 30, 2015

By David118181050

I found Brookdale Pinecrest. The activities impressed me. There is a swimming pool; there’s bingo. There are all kinds of visiting musicians and choirs. They have very liberal transportation service and very elegant dining and I got to say moderate pricing. The staff is long term, high quality, and friendly. The food is excellent with a large variety of choice at every meal and it’s very well done.

October 28, 2015

By Guenter

Brookdale Pinecrest was a high-rise apartment building. It was very clean with a good view all the way around. They had nice people. It was very homey inside. The homes themselves were almost in the same size. If you wanted two bedrooms, they were about 30 square feet.

September 30, 2015

By Lorraine36

I enjoyed the visit at Brookdale Pinecrest, and I was very impressed with it. I thought it was a little pricey. The accommodations were very nice, I like the atmosphere, and it was a wonderful community. It had everything that I was really looking for. They have a dining, 1 and 2 bedroom options, and a pool. They have all kinds of activities. They have a pet section as they do allow small pets. They have transportation back and forth. It had just about everything that I would be looking for.

July 07, 2015

By Canton

Go anywhere else except Pinecrest Place if you need assisted living facilities for a loved one. My dad lived in Independent Living at Pinecrest for over a year and did well until he needed assisted living. It is very expensive to begin with, and you are charged extra if your loved one "wanders" or refuses a shower! Yes, that is correct. My dad was confused the first week that he moved in and had to spend time looking for his new apartment. The staff in assisted living is totally incompetent, especially on the nursing side. My dad didn't receive the medication that he needed for three weeks after he moved in. If this had been MEDICATION THAT HE NEEDED TO LIVE, HE WOULD BE DEAD. It has been a nightmare since my dad moved in at the end of May. I would never recommend this facility for assisted living. If you are concerned about the welfare of your loved one, you need to check and re-check everything that is done, especially the billing. I feel like I should be on the staff there, since I am either calling to check to see if something has been done or going there to check or talk with someone about a problem. Most of the staff may be "nice", but nice doesn't cut it when your loved one needs assistance. Competence is what is needed. STAY AWAY FROM THS PLACE!!

March 02, 2015

By Joyce106973850

I visited Brookdale Pinecrest, and it was all decorated for Christmas. Everybody was nice. We looked at several rooms, and they were set-up to be sold. They had a good restaurant and had good service. It was a very positive experience. I liked that it was immaculately clean, and they had 12 different people decorating 12 different trees.

November 03, 2014

By Happy retiree

My wife and I have lived here for over 5 years, this a wonderful place to reside. Everyone of the employees from the young servers to as well as all other employees and management are very friendly, and take time to help you and honor your requests. The dining area is excellent, and your choice of dining is varied, and the food is tasty. Diana in charge of activities keeps everyone on their toes, and the various parties through the year, as well as Friday cocktails and entertainment seem to keep us young. Anyone would really enjoy living here, and mixing with all the other happy residents

October 25, 2014

We lived in Pinecrest for a year, and we were not happy there because they had trouble with elevators, and sometimes you had to wait 20 minutes for an elevator to go some place. Then they charged us a dollar each to read the electric meter, and I don’t know whether they charged us twice or not. The meals come to you cold. Two nights ago I wouldn’t even touch my dinner; it even looked awful so I just sent it back. For dinner, you had to go down and sign in, and then when they have a space they come and put you there. They had a buffet table, but they wouldn’t monitor anybody so people would go up, pick it up, and look at it or sniff it or something. The hair gets in, and then they put it back on the shelf; you just don’t do things like that. They said they had something bigger, and if we just moved in within three to six weeks probably, we would have a bigger apartment. We’ve been here since December of last year, and we still don’t have anything bigger because they don’t have anything any bigger, so they lied to us. We saw some women playing bridge in one room one night, and I thought they were gonna get on the floor and fight because they didn’t win or whatever. The only thing I really enjoyed over there was the staff that did the cleaning for us; they were very good and very nice.

We appreciate you taking the time to share your concerns and hope you will call us at 877-400-5296 or email us at familyconnection@brookdale.com to discuss them in greater detail.

October 17, 2014

By Peggy40

Pinecrest was actually our number one choice, but it was too far away. We liked the view, and the fact that they take you any place in Pinellas County, that they had entertainment, and happy hour every week. The dining room was spectacular. The apartments had been remodeled. To me and to my parents, it was the best place that we visited. The food was good. The activities were absolutely fabulous. I would live there if I could. If I could move down to Clearwater, I would have my parents move there in a heartbeat.

October 10, 2014

We have it narrowed down to Pinecrest Place. The people there were very, very nice. We didn’t find anything particularly bad about it. We didn’t eat, but I understand that the food is very good. It was just very expensive. There was a class of probably 12 people exercising in their chairs. That’s good because they were very old.

September 30, 2014

By Vallerie

Mom did very well at Pinecrest Place. She complained about the food, but that is something she complains about everywhere she goes.They took care of her, she got her pills OK, she got her showers, they took her down to the lunch room, and everything went really well. They had arts and crafts and music day; they had all kinds of activities. There was something going on every day. The staff seemed to be OK, but they knew she is deaf, and they were just talking louder; that is not what she needs. That's about the only thing they really need to be trained a little more in when they get to somebody who can't hear.

September 04, 2014

By Bob K.

Top notch living. Top notch care. Staff that are dedicated and care so much and stay involved in their residents lives because they care.

August 31, 2014

By Carlos3

The view in The Pinecrest Place was nice. It was looking over a beautiful lake and a beautiful golf course. However, I didn't like it because it had two towers and they had too few elevators. It would take a long time to go up or down. The other part was that they had so many people that you had to wait in the dining area to be seated at a table.

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts about our community. Your feedback is always considered and appreciated!

July 31, 2014

We were at Pinecrest Place. They change you for everything little thing that they do for you, but the staff were very nice and with the food they had a bit of variety. I have to pay for my electricity in this facility and when you turn on the air conditioner on, it costs you money. I have a dog and they told me that I need to pay $750 for me to keep it, but then they told me that I cannot longer live there and they didn’t return my money back for that.

June 19, 2014

The staff at Pinecrest were very nice. I really like the view of this facility, and it was clean. I would recommend this facility, but not for its cost because it's expensive.

June 05, 2014

By Katefrenche

My mother is going on her 3rd year at this facility. Her first two years were spent in independent living, and now she is in assisted living. It may be a bit older of a facility, and I admit the bathrooms could be much more user friendly for elderly, but they are continually updating and the care and attitude of the aids that are with my mother daily, more than make up for any short comings in the building It may prove different for someone in a wheel chair, I really can't say because my mother uses a walker. There is a positive and happy atmosphere, especially in assisted living, where they have much more contact with staff. My mom is a tough one to please, and to go over and have her smile and say she had a good day....that makes a good facility. Oh, and yesterday, she could not stop saying how great the Lasagna was (its Italian week)...she's finally happy. I about fell out of my chair.

June 05, 2014

By Katefrench

May 20, 2014

My father is at Pinecrest Place. He wanted to go to this facility for a long time because he likes it there. The place is very well run. The staff are very nice. Overall it's a top-notch place. My father has a very nice apartment on the 9th floor that overlooks a golf course and a park, and that is very nice. He also loves the food.

April 22, 2014

I would not recommend anyone going to Pinecrest Place. This facility is overpriced and the staff are very impersonal. The food is lousy. The care is extremely expensive. It's run more like a hotel when it is an assisted living. I really don’t have anything good to say about it. I think they need to provide better food and better personal care at a reasonable price.

We are very sorry to hear that you were disappointed when you visited Pinecrest Place. We hope you will call us at 877-400-5296 to discuss your observations in greater detail.

February 26, 2014

Pinecrest is excellent. It’s a large community. We’ve eaten there and the dining facilities are excellent. The food, the menu and the transportation are. I see they have a good transportation schedule and they’ll take you anywhere you want to go. They have an activities calendar. The staff is excellent. That’s why we decided we want to go there.

February 13, 2014

Pinecrest was great and we met with Debra who was our contact there. She was real close to my dad in age and she was very nice and diligent in following up with everything. We had lunch and the food was delicious. The rooms were very spacious with huge closets. It had a living room, bedroom, a full bathroom and kitchen. It had a beautiful view and the building had no smell. You could tell the residents were very well kept, they seemed very happy and they were interacting with others.

January 31, 2014

My mom lives in Pinecrest Place. It is more reasonable for my mom at this time with her financial situation. I liked their accommodation for the memory care unit. They keep the facility very clean. My mom's room is spacious. She has a full size bed and a dresser. I wish she had a better view, but it is the only room available. I also wish they can decorate the room a little better. Initially they say it comes furnished, but when I am signing the contract, they say that it did not, but they end up partially furnishing it. Actually, I still have to talk to them this week about maybe putting other pieces of furniture for her. The staff and nurses are very nice. The CNAs and the aides give excellent care. The doctor and the physician's assistant visits once a week. They check in the patients. The food is very good. They always have recreation for the seniors.

January 29, 2014

As far as I know Pinecrest Place is a good place. My dad is in there. I'm not sure about their activities, but I'm sure that they do everything they can to keep their residents happy. The food is good. The people seemed to be very friendly.

January 28, 2014

By evergreens

A positive experience all the way around. Beautiful facility, a supportive and friendly staff and more amenities than I expected.

January 28, 2014

We looked at Pinecrest. It was very nice but what's the problem was the price. I don't think we'll be able to afford to go into it. I found the rooms compared to what we have, very small and the location was a little further out and it's a lovely place. There's no reason not to go there. We actually went in unexpected and they invited us to dinner that night and we had a marvelous dinner. I don't think there's anything missing from Pinecrest. It's really great.

December 29, 2013

I had a very positive visit at Pinecrest Place. My sister made a trip there with my mother that I had arranged and I followed it up with a visit separately when I was down there. My sister's visit was a little more involved because she was with my mother and they had lunch there. They experienced the dining room and all that. They really liked that. They had special parking with our names when we showed up. It was just a very informative, friendly and inclusive visit. But I wasn't crazy about their bathroom. I didn't think they were truly handicapped accessible that they should have been. She actually had a safer bathroom in her own home. You had to climb over a little curve to get in and out of the shower and there wasn't a grip where it needed to be when you get in and out. Then when I complained about it, they had showed me other apartment wherein they had upgraded a little more and they had add up the appropriate grip and cut out the curve. So, you still had entry that was lower. But there wasn't a seat in there. It was like you gained and lost. That was the biggest downfall. It was the most challenging for an elderly living alone. The place was also rather big and a lot to navigate for an elder lady. But everything else was a homerun. The apartment was spacious, clean and nicely done. The dining room was great.

December 01, 2013

By Julie25

We chose Pinecrest and we are really happy with the facility. The staff is really nice and it's just a really nice place. They have a lot of activities and they take the residents out. They have been there for about two months now and they are really happy there.

November 22, 2013

By LovelyLady000091

Pine Crest is wonderful. It's clean, beautiful, and everything looks up to date. It's very impressive from the whole overlook of it. It had nice views from the rooms. It's big and it sits on a golf course. They have elevators and a big dining room. Their staff was helpful, friendly, and very accommodating. They have very reasonable rates and the food is good. We wanted mom and dad to move there, but it was too far from the VA facility. It would have been my choice.

September 29, 2013

By Barbara65838050

Pinecrest Place was beautiful and gorgeous, no doubt about it. It was decorated beautifully and more hospital-like. I only spoke to the sales representatives and everybody was very friendly and helpful. I saw one person at the desk. I didn't see too many of the staff there. A medical personnel came twice a week. The rooms were lovely, they had their own beauty shop and it was just convenient for everything. They had happy hour and movie night too. However, they did not take Medicaid, only private pay. I would have put my mom there if I had the money.

May 31, 2013

By caring8428

The place was really good, and I have no complaints when my mom was in the independent living. But they are totally inept and incompetent in the assisted living. They didn't know what they were doing. The person that's in-charge of the assisted living, the manager side and the nursing side, are terribly incompetent. It was very frustrating for me. And since my mother has Alzheimer's, she can barely communicate with people. So I couldn't ask her questions, and I can only ask the staff. The staff was not communicating. They knew I was the primary caregiver, but they never informed me of any health issue. No one would answer my emails. They were not nice to me and my mom.

April 16, 2013

By caring0401313

I drove 20 miles down to Pinecrest Place and I'm disabled, so it's not easy for me to get there. But, when I got there, a lady from their staff told me that they're not taking anybody with scooters. I thought it was very rude and it kind of pissed me off because they knew I had a scooter, but made the appointment anyway. I would not have had any reason to drive all the way down there.

March 28, 2013

By Caring 1760

Pinecrest was very well-maintained. I liked it a lot. However, it was not as luxurious as that of where my sister-in-law is currently at. The activities center is smaller. I sampled the food and it wasn't as tasty.

February 14, 2013

By Marigold1

Pinecrest Place is more of a condo turned into a facility. It is probably one of the least expensive. But it didn't include meals, and it didn't include a lot of things. But every day they would have different activities. They also have a little movie theater and a lot other amenities. Condo associations don't have a lot of grounds to walk, but they do have an area where they could get out and walk their dogs. The staff is very nice, the place is clean, and there's a parking garage. The units are like a regular apartment with a full kitchen.

January 24, 2013

By Mary Anne2

I like Pinecrest Place. It is very, very nice. It's a little more expensive, but a little bit more classy. The people are extremely friendly and helpful and the food is very good. We liked the apartments very, very much. The ones we looked at were overlooking the golf course and the lake.

January 18, 2013

By KO Lady

Late last summer we made the decision to place our mother/mother-in-law into assisted living. We noticed some progressive memory loss and felt she needed some assistance. We looked at several places in the Largo area and found Pinecrest to meet all of her needs. We were very impressed with the cleanliness, the smiling faces of both residents and staff, the great food, the abundance of activities, etc. Our mother was very resistant to the notion of being moved and was not cooperative during the interviews. However, she relented and was moved in an unbelievable short timeframe by a mover that Pinecrest recommended. (They were excellent!) After 3 weeks, our mother was still having difficulty finding her way around and understanding directions. The staff notified us and recommended that she be placed in their memory care unit. She's been there since mid September and is adjusting beautifully. She now call s this her home and she thinks she's been there for years. She is very happy with the staff and they are attentive. Since we are out of state, we cannot be there regularly to check on her so they keep us up to speed with what's going on. We REALLY like Pinecrest and it deserves the high ratings that it receives. We couldn't have done any better for our mother.

December 15, 2012

By Margaret Trezona

a very well run facility supplying all my needs, services, etc. also provides either rental or purchase plans at fair priced. It is Nivenand clean and provides many services, entertainment and bus services. all necessary needs are met adequately.

November 01, 2012

We had three meals at the Pinecrest. The food was good. The place was very pleasant as well as the people that live there. The apartments are nice and the atmosphere is very good. They have an outdoor pool.

August 13, 2012

By Steve7

Absolutely fabulous facility! They were terrific. Absolutely terrific. They showed us around and they were informative. I thought they did everything right. I like the place, it was very good. We get to sample their food and it was great. I was very impressed with everything. I thought they were excellent!

March 09, 2012

By Michaelsmith34

Hey everyone. I just wanted to post a review about this place because it was fairly pleasant to visit. I recently had to move my mother to this facility because she didn't like being alone. She actually was excited to go unlike the others that i have heard of. I heard a few horror stories about assisted living homes but i decided to give it a shot. My first impression were fairly good, we checked her in and we explored the building. First things first,it feels like you are in a hotel. It looks like a hotel and even smells like a hotel. Her room was pretty fancy, looking out towards the pool. They boast a nice array of things to do, such as billiards, computer labs, libraries, a heated pool. and some fun classes and such. The employees seemed very kind and willing to help us out if we needed anything. The only complaint that i have is the patio by the pool seemed a little dirty when i visited; maybe it was just dirty the day i went im not sure. Overall it seems like a nice place for her, she has only been there for a month so hopefully she will like it more after time goes on.

Independent Living Reviews for Elmcroft of Pinecrest

May 04, 2015

Brookdale Pinecrest was very clean. The food was good, and the rooms were fair in size. I like the idea where they take the residents to doctors and things like that. The staff was very friendly and very knowledgeable. Location was excellent. It was across the street from a park.

August 05, 2014

I'm at Pinecrest Place and we definitely know that we made the correct decisions because of two reasons. Number one: We're not pressured to do anything that we don't want to do and you don't feel like you're in a caregiver place. Number two: There is excellent transportation available. It's a very good place. I would recommend it to anybody. There are all sorts of activities; they change by the month and there's a pool. Cleanliness is excellent. It's not what I would call a huge facility. It's probably of moderate size compared to the size of the other ones in the area. I think the whole facility is between twenty and thirty years old.

September 17, 2013

By Happy Resident2

I'm in an independent living place right now here at Pinecrest Place. This place has a wonderful reputation. It is physically beautiful. They offer lots of activities and amenities. They have good people, both the staff and the residents.

Questions about Elmcroft of Pinecrest

What ongoing training does the staff receive in dementia care?

We have 63 courses an associate completes during orientation and monthly to work in assisted living and memory care including resident safety, transferring, blood borne pathogens, CPR, nutrition, elopement and specific on-going memory care training.

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at Elmcroft of Pinecrest. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

Overall, residents have low acuity and are still very active. Our personalized assisted living services offer peace of mind, because residents can obtain help when they need it. They love going out to lunch or dinner every Thursday, Bingo, brain games and they choose the restaurant or monthly event.

What programs or activities does Elmcroft of Pinecrest offer to enrich residents' well-being?

Daily exercise is very popular, our retired professionals love the TED Talks, and educational and current events are loved here too. We also have a very active resident counsel.

What places are near Elmcroft of Pinecrest or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

Everything from the Gulf beaches, golf courses, Pinellas Trail, Taylor Park, malls, restaurants, theatres, museums, and more!

What transportation services does Elmcroft of Pinecrest offer to assisted living residents?

Daily bus trips to local stores and restaurants and to Sunday church services. In addition, during the day Monday through Friday, we can go anywhere in Pinellas County.

What makes the chef or dining program at Elmcroft of Pinecrest exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

The same great menu that our independent living residents enjoy in addition to help with any dietary needs including various low-sodium or low-fat or sugar-free options. We have several daily entrees to choose from as well as weekly specials. Everybody loves our homemade soup. Chef Pinky has been here for over 25 years making our homemade soups! Also, seasonal menus, weekly specials and local fresh food keep it interesting.

What safety features or security measures does Elmcroft of Pinecrest offer to assisted living residents?

Nurses are on staff 24/7, each resident has a pendant, emergency pull cords, 24-hour courtesy officers, daily check in service, fire safe building and we are not in an hurricane evacuation zone.

How does Elmcroft of Pinecrest keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

Whatever works best for families including care connection meetings, phone calls, video calls, family connection events. We have an open-door policy.

What is the care staff-to-resident ratio at Elmcroft of Pinecrest during daytime and nighttime hours?

6am- 2pm 2 nurses (1 being the Nursing Director), 2 med techs, 4 aides, dining staff and 2 programming associates. The med techs also help with bathing and dressing, escorting, etc. The ratio comes out to about 11 residents to each associate and that exceeds the ACHA standard. We also have nurses 24-7. 2pm – 10pm: 2 nurses until about 6pm then 1 nurse (Nursing Director) on call after 6pm- (she lives right around the corner), 1 Med Tech, 4 aides, dining staff. 10pm – 6am: 1 nurse, 1 med tech, 2 aides.

If Elmcroft of Pinecrest accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

Yes, our community offers, walking paths, dog park, screened in patios and doggy play date events in the activity room.

What ongoing senior care training does the staff receive?

We have 63 courses that our associate complete as part of their orientation and ongoing monthly education for assisted living and memory care including resident safety, transferring, blood borne pathogens, CPR, Nutrition, ADL’s, how to handle emergencies etc.

Describe the overall population of independent living residents at Elmcroft of Pinecrest. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

The average age of our residents is 85. They are extremely active and love our legendary happy hours and holiday celebrations but we also offer over 300 activities and entertainment opportunities per month.

What places are nearby for independent living residents to enjoy?

Everything from the Gulf beaches, golf courses, Pinellas Trail, Taylor Park, malls, restaurants, theatres, and museums.

What are some recent off-site events that the community activity director at Elmcroft of Pinecrest has organized?

Our over-night trips are popular – we went to St. Augustine, the Smoky Mountains, Washington D.C.- and we are planning another cruise!

What transportation services does Elmcroft of Pinecrest offer to independent living residents?

Anywhere in Pinellas County Monday – Friday during the day! We also have bus trips 7 days a week to stores and restaurants and to Sunday church services.

What makes the chef or dining program at Elmcroft of Pinecrest exceptional? What kind of menu can independent living residents expect?

We offer all day dining daily with many entrees to choose from as well as weekly specials. Everybody loves our homemade soup. Chef Pinky has been here for over 25 years making our homemade soups! Also, we offer seasonal menus, weekly specials and local fresh food.

What common areas are available for independent living residents?

Large inviting lobby, Bistro Pub, restaurant-style dining room, 3 libraries, movie room, billiards room, activity room, computer room, heated pool, wood shop, exercise room, salon, shuffle board courts. This is all on our 9 acre lot.

What safety features or security measures does Elmcroft of Pinecrest offer to independent living residents?

Emergency pull cords, 24-hour courtesy officers, daily check in service, fire safe building and we are not in an hurricane evacuation zone.

Great walking paths around the perimeter of the community, Taylor Lake and Park across street, the Pinellas trail and a private dog park on our grounds. We also have indoor doggy play dates in our activity room.

Does Elmcroft of Pinecrest work with an agency or registry to provide nursing and medical assistance as needed?

We provide additional services through our “Here for You Personalized Services program”. This department employs nurses, certified nurse assistants and companions. Residents can also transfer to a spacious assisted living apartment.

How many staffers are on duty in the daytime and overnight?

6am – 2pm: 2 Nurses (1 being our Nursing Director), 3 aids, our program manager, the programming person (M-F and another one on weekends), dining staff, our housekeeper. * We have programming 7 days a week! 2pm – 10pm: 2 Nurses until about 6pm – then 1 nurse (DON on call after 6pm), 4 aides, dining staff. 10pm – 6am: 1 Nurse and 2 aides.

What safety features or security measures does Elmcroft of Pinecrest provide to protect residents who wander?

We have a safe floor dedicated to residents who wander. There are secure entry and exit points.

What programs or activities does Elmcroft of Pinecrest offer to keep residents engaged? How does the staff engage residents' long-term memories?

How does the staff engage residents' long-term memories? We personalize our residents programming so they can continue to do the things they have always enjoyed like gardening, trips to the beach and botanical gardens, bowling, shopping, painting, exercise, girls day out getting their hair and nails done, a men’s club, etc. We find out what they love to do by extensively gathering their historical information from their families and loved one’s. We also love reminiscing and looking up current good news in resident’s home towns using the internet. We also love to reminisce through music and singing.

Our Director of Nursing assess residents’ health prior to moving in. Then again on day of move-in, 30 days after move-in and then on a quarterly basis or at a change of condition or return from hospital.

What techniques does Elmcroft of Pinecrest use to support memory care residents during mealtimes?

The family helps us learn their favorite foods so they can continue to enjoy them. We encourage our residents to do as much as they can for themselves for as long as they can – and we are there for guidance, cueing and support, as needed. We provide a clean warm scented cloth prior to their meal to stimulate their appetite. We can personalize mealtime needs for residents to ensure they have an enjoyable experience and get the nutrition they need.

How does Elmcroft of Pinecrest keep residents' families informed about their loved ones' health?

Whatever works best for families including care connection meetings, phone calls, video calls and we love to share videos and pictures with families of the fun their loved ones are having.

Describe the neighborhood around Elmcroft of Pinecrest. Is it located in a residential neighborhood, a business district, a rural setting, or other type of locale?

We have the best of both worlds because we sit on a golf course, lake, park and the trail but we are just minutes from all of the stores, restaurants and conveniences on Ulmerton and East Bay Drive in Largo. We are just south of Clearwater and north of St. Pete.

Is Elmcroft of Pinecrest affiliated with a hospital if more care is needed?

Our residents typically go to Morton Plant Hospital or Largo Medical Center. We are very close to both as well as the Diagnostic Clinic. We also have a local doctor, or his nurse come in to our Wellness Center every Thursday.

Costs for Elmcroft of Pinecrest

Photos of Elmcroft of Pinecrest

Services and Amenities of Elmcroft of Pinecrest

• State Licenses: License# AL0093

About Elmcroft of Pinecrest

Located in charming Largo, Elmcroft of Pinecrest offers residents a warm, relaxing environment, engaged and friendly staff, and personalized care – including specialized care for residents with Alzheimer’s and dementia. At Elmcroft of Pinecrest, we treat residents like family, providing exceptional care while helping them stay as independent as possible.

Our Chronicles memory care program uses the Best Friends™ approach. This relationship-centered care is built around each individual’s life history, cultural heritage and current abilities and interests.

• 24-Hour Security