Palm Terrace of Lakeland

Reviews of Palm Terrace of Lakeland

Nursing Home Reviews for Palm Terrace of Lakeland

May 15, 2014

By Elder care giver

My mother just discharged from this rehab center and had a wonderful experience. It appears as though there is new administration and new director of nursing since my mothers last stay almost a year ago. The difference has been night and day. Staff are friendly and eggar to assist, a chef greeted us within a day of our stay to arrange a meal plan catered to my moms likes and dislikes all within her doctors strict orders. Therapy staff was caring and management was quick to respond to any concerns. I chose this center for my mother because of Medicare's rating of 4 out of 5 stars. I would rate them a 5 out of 5 and recommend to anyone needing short term Rehab.

May 09, 2013

By Cynthia is my name !

My father is a resident of this facility. He was not able to be rehabilitated and was transferred to a long term care unit there. Literally within months, he obtained pressure ulcers on his coccyx and both heels that can't be staged. They are necrotic and full of slough. There are other wounds also. I have to say that the staff on that unit are not competent at all, it is full of new LPN's, and the unit manager is an LPN too. When I spoke to the UM regarding his care, she basically threw her employees under the bus...needless to say, that didn't impress me at all. Since being there, my father has been to the hospital countless times with Sepsis, anemia, hypotension, renal failure and PEG tube placement just to name a few. The wound on his coccyx got so bad that it needed to be debrided and it is actually big enough to put your fist in, seriously. I seriously despise that place, but the insurances are soo picky and placement is limited. If I were able to take care of him at home I sure would. I have to prompt them to do lab work...I guess they don't know that when some elder people get confused it's a sign of infection. I did place a complaint with the State of Florida, via the abuse hotline. Now I have to follow through with other measures too. I want to make sure that our loved ones are taken care of by competent people. I rated them a 1 because zero is not an option.

October 12, 2012

By upsetdaughterinlaw

They ignored my mother-in-law's medical chart. She is allergic to chocolate (and anything with cocoa) and citrus. They were constantly adding chocolate to her food tray and for the first month were slipping her Vitamin C pills which caused her to swell and have no use of her limbs. Her cell phone was stolen by a worker and they lost the clothing she had when she was admitted. Most of the workers were very nice but there are some bad apples and the administrative personnel are abhorrent!

Services and Amenities of Palm Terrace of Lakeland

About Palm Terrace of Lakeland

Palm Terrace of Lakeland is a 185-bed facility, located at 1919 Lakeland Hills Boulevard. We are about one mile north of Lakeland Regional Medical Center. Our facility encompasses more than 85,000 square feet. One of our most dramatic features is our Porter Auditorium. This room has a capacity to accommodate 100 people for church services, meetings, and training seminars. Frequently, clubs and organizations from the community use this room to conduct meetings and luncheons. Our strong clinical reputation and our dedication to our resident's individual needs have continually increased our excellent standing within the community.

Map of Palm Terrace of Lakeland