Offers Assisted Living and Independent Living

Reviews of Lake Morton Plaza

Assisted Living Reviews for Lake Morton Plaza

June 07, 2015

By Sharon108526850

I love Lake Morton Plaza. The apartments are very nice. They are 700 square feet. The people are nice and friendly. They have a chef who is excellent, and the food is good. The nurses are wonderful. The place is older, but it is clean. We are very happy, and I would recommend this place to anybody because I think they are great, the care is good, and it has a good location. My mother has been there for a month now, and she is happy.

April 22, 2015

My aunt didn't stay there at Lake Morton Plaza, but we did visit, and we were offered a chance to come back to have a meal. It was a pleasant experience. We did see a couple of the apartments, and they were nice. The rooms are very spacious and very nice. It has a beautiful view of the lake. People seemed very happy to be there. The dining room was pleasant and nice, but we didn’t eat there. Parking is a definite concern because it was in downtown Lakeland, but it was nice. The person we dealt with was fantastic. He is a very good salesman. We got to meet the director who is very pleasant and very helpful. They have an activities schedule, and people look forward to their outings.

January 26, 2015

By Mar2

Lake Morton Plaza is where my mom currently is supposed to be, if she could get out of the nursing home. They are great. They have a bus, and they take the people out shopping to Walmart and to all kinds of different places. They have all kinds of programs, movies, church services -- everything. They do cook outs outside, the food is good, and they have two elevators and a back-up generator; that's what stood out to me because we looked at some other places that were multiple stories and they only had a single elevator and no back-up generator. There is more than one room -- you get a bedroom, a living room, a bathroom, and a kitchenette, so she had a sink and a full-sized refrigerator. My mom loved it.

October 31, 2014

Lake Morton Plaza is very clean. When you first walk in through the entrance way, there’s a check in right there. People have to sign in and sign out. They have drivers that will take the residents wherever they need to get from there. They do have free transportation. They have a calendar of events that comes out once a month. They do outings with the residents; they can sign up in advance. They have exercise activities for them to do, and they do a lot of stuff. They have a maid that comes in two or three times a week to clean in there. That’s nice. I don’t know about the nurses because my mom really hasn’t started using the nurse a lot yet. Let’s put it this way: people know where your mom is if you call and can’t reach her in her apartment. They always know where she is in that building. And if your mom is acting weird or differently and they see changes in your mom, they always let you know. So it’s good. I’ve eaten there once, and it’s fine with me. My mom loves it. She loves to go and eat in there. They can sit wherever they want. I think you get a lot more room for your money, and that’s one thing I was looking for. My mom is in a one bedroom apartment. The rooms and bathrooms are very clean. She has a nice big living room. She has a real balcony that she could see down to the lake from her room. It’s right in the heart of downtown Lakeland, so it’s walking distance to many places. It’s well kept; they have a wonderful place where you can go and wash your clothes if you don’t want them to do it for you which comes with their price. If there’s any problem, they don’t have any problem in working with you in getting that resolved. Like if your mom needs something or things need to be changed, they’re always there to help you. I just like the whole place; I don’t have anything negative to say to it at all.

July 26, 2014

By Charles47

Lake Morton had bigger rooms. It had a balcony, and it was nice and clean. They had several activities. They had a menu, but we did not try the food. The dining room was nice and probably seated 60 to 70 people. We met a few of the people working there, and they seemed all right.

March 26, 2014

Lake Morton Plaza was old, dingy and not updated. The rooms were like college dorms, very small and old. The whole facility was like a college dorm. Of the staff, Laura was very friendly, patient and knowledgeable. She was great. They have lots of activities posted in their community room. The dining area looked average.

July 10, 2013

Lime Plaza was fine but I wouldn't want to live there. It was dark, old and I didn't care for it too much. I think I'm not ready to move yet and nothing looks good to me.

August 15, 2012

By Kuch

In June 2012, my husband and I, along with my mother in-law, visited the facility. My mother in-law has dementia. We visited various assisted living facilities. Many are very nice. We decided on Lake Morton Plaza because of the location, generous sized rooms, activities, mentor for new residents, and the ability for Mom to keep her cat with her! The staff and residents were very friendly. We even tried their dinner in the main dining hall. They had candle light with dinner that evening. We had prime rib for dinner. The meal was average, but we weren't out at a 5 star restaurant either. One of the residents sat with us and chatted with Mom. The building is older than many of the other facilities we looked at. Mom liked this facility the best. We plan to move Mom into this facility very soon.

July 23, 2012

I visited Lake Morton since we are still searching for a place for my mom. It was a good visit. The facility is clean. The great thing about them is that their staff are friendly and very accommodating. Although the place looks older. It wasn't brand new. But it's still kept up and it's not a problem though. I will still recommend this facility to others.

April 13, 2012

By crys1977

All of the staff seemed neat and tidy. Everyone was very helpful and energetic. the persons staying within Lake Morton plaza seemed happy and well cared for. The rooms are quite spacious and very lovely. They have a large garden outside for the residents and guests to visit in and they are located right next to Lake Morton. This lake is full of beautiful swans and all different types of ducks and birds. The residents seem to like to walk across and feed the ducks and swans. It seems to keep them entertained and upbeat. There is also a swan breeding program as well so there will be little baby swans for the residents to love on. The grounds are nice and well kept along with the interior and they apartments are in the middle of downtown Lakeland, close to shopping, doctors and drug stores. All in all I would say great place!

Independent Living Reviews for Lake Morton Plaza

June 10, 2016

By Bruce601874

The staff at Lake Morton Plaza was nice. It was an older building and a little more crowded, kind of more like a hospital facility. They didn't have too many amenities. They had activities there but not a lot of outside activities. I think they just go grocery shopping.

September 29, 2015

By Caring113620850

We visited Lake Morton Plaza. The visit was very good. The one-bedroom apartment was large. It was about the size of the rooms at the other facility. It was laid out very nice. Their recreational facilities were somewhat limited, but of the four we saw, if we have to choose one of them, well, Lake Morton Plaza would be the one. The dining room was very nice. The food was good. They appeared to be very active.

May 01, 2015

By Joyce105744350

I'm in the independent living part of Lake Morton. It's a wonderful place to live. There are a lot of friendly people, the food is very good, and they have lots of activities like church on Sundays for all denominations, bingo, chorus if you want to join, and even Wii bowling. They have 8 washers and dryers, and you can do your own personal washing at any time. I have a bedroom, a living room, a kitchen, and a bath. It's a very comfortable and very lovely place to live. They clean your apartment once a week, change your bed linens, and wash them. When you come into the building, you have to sign in and sign out. I moved in last March. I think everything's covered. I don't have any complaints so far. They have a dining room, and 3 meals a day are provided. The food is delicious, with homemade food and homemade dessert.

October 02, 2014

By Richard94750550

Lake Morton Plaza was fine; however, it was limited in services. It was limited overall in activities. They did not have a swimming pool. They did not offer a lot of entertainment or anything. The people were nice. The rooms were very nice.

September 30, 2014

By Caring95391950

Lake Morton Plaza would be our second choice. That's 13-story high. We like it. We like the staff and their rooms. The food was good. The dining room was good too. I think they had bunch of activities.

September 25, 2014

By Betty93561750

My husband has been in Lake Morton Plaza for a year now. They have independent living -- which is what my husband is doing -- and they also have assisted living facility there. He has a 1-bedroom apartment. They clean it once a week and do his bed, linens, and towels and then he gets 3 meals a day served in the dining room. They have activities involving other people. They take them shopping once a week, and they will take him to doctor’s appointments. This place seems to meet what he needs and it’s comparable in price. I’m happy and he is happy with where he’s at. There’s no other place that I’m interested in putting him.

Costs for Lake Morton Plaza

Photos of Lake Morton Plaza

Services and Amenities of Lake Morton Plaza

• Companion Suites: We Do Offer Companion Suites.

• Pets: Small Pets Allowed.

About Lake Morton Plaza

Lake Morton Plaza

Independent and Assisted Living Designed to WOW!

Experience urban senior living at its finest. At Lake Morton Plaza, our lifestyle is sure to make you say WOW! Located only an hour from Orlando, you’ll find everything you need to live an active, engaging and vibrant life. Close to shopping and attractions while still providing opportunities to relax and take in the scenery, there’s something fun to do each day, with the added bonus of knowing care is available if it’s needed. Come experience our inspiring lifestyle and see why we’re making seniors and their families say WOW!

Independent Living

Live an active, engaging life where the only tasks you have to do are the ones you want to do. Sit back and relax or go out into town without worrying about the chores. We’ll take care of all of that for you. Spend your retirement as you please, pursue passions, begin a new hobby and make new friends who share your interests. Spend your days creating meaningful moments and enjoying your life, not worrying about an endless to-do list.

Assisted Living

Enjoy a carefree and comfortable lifestyle with the advantages of living independently. Enjoy everything our community has to offer without ever worrying about what happens when you need assistance – we’re always here and ready to lend a hand when it’s needed.

What We Offer:

• Private apartments with emergency response systems
  • Patio or balcony options
  • Climate-controlled air conditioning and heating
  • Weekly housekeeping and linen services
  • Complimentary scheduled transportation
  • Life-enriching activities and engaging programs
  • Game and activity rooms, TV lounge
  • Chef-prepared meals daily in the community dining room
  • 24-hour care provided by a certified staff
  • Opportunities to be active, walking paths and fitness equipment
  • On-site library, barbershop and beauty salons
  • And so much more!

Here, you can experience a lifestyle that provides not only independence and freedom but also care if needed or desired. Whether heading into town for shopping at the Lakeland Square Mall, enjoying an event at the Fantasy of Flight or The Lakeland Center, visiting the Polk Museum of Art or deciding to take advantage of some of our engaging programs, there’s always something to enjoy.

Map of Lake Morton Plaza