Azalea Park

Reviews of Azalea Park

Independent Living Reviews for Azalea Park

June 24, 2021

By Ann

Azalea Park was probably the most expensive out of the three I toured. The homes were OK. The staff showed me two rooms. When I went into the second unit, all I could smell was food. I don't know if somebody was cooking. I would assume they weren't because there's no stove facility, but there was an odor of food there and I couldn't get past it. To me, if I smell anything in a unit, that just turns me right off. I don't know where the odor came from, but I could smell it. Maybe the kitchen was underneath there because this was on the third floor. I didn't like that at all, but it's more upscale than the others. It's a nice facility, and they have a lakeside view, though you're paying quite a bit more for lakeside. There were no storage facilities per se if you want to bring extra stuff with you and sometimes, that can be a detriment. The staff was interesting. She had started there working in housekeeping or something, and then she worked herself up to doing management-type things. She was very knowledgeable and she told me to come back to sit with the residents for lunch someday. All the salespeople were good. There wasn't one of them that was pushy or anything like that. They had music going when I was there. They had a full calendar of things. They have buses and they take them on shopping sprees to Wal-Mart and Publix, and they do bingo and different things. There's a lot going on.

February 23, 2021

By Ashley

Azalea Park was beautiful, and the staff was very kind and understanding of my ex-boyfriend's mom. The man that I dealt with was Frank, he's a very, very sweet man. And he's very understanding even when I had to get her out of my house, he had someone come and pick her up from my house, so I didn't have to transfer her for the move-in. If it was my mom, I would want her there. The rooms were gorgeous, they had different floor plans, we've seen two different types. We've seen the model floor plans that they had, and it was absolutely gorgeous. The one she went with was a 1-bedroom, 1-bath, with a balcony, it's on the third floor. It was beautiful; they didn't have a stove or anything in the room. They did all that for the residents, breakfast, lunch, and dinner, and they had a full snack bar. I thought that was really, really cool because older people don't need flames in their house, but they're still very independent. They told her "If you don't wanna go down and eat in the lunchroom, we can bring it to you so you can eat in your room." They gave her that option, it's like whatever she's comfortable with, they would make it work, and I really like that. The balconies were gorgeous, the view was beautiful, and the moment we pulled in, I was like, "This is beautiful." I cannot complain about anything. I read some of the menu, it seemed like something that I would eat, and the dining room was like a community hall. It did not look anything like a nursing home, and that was my goal when I was searching. I wanted her to be in more like an apartment style, and that's what it was. It wasn't even a lunchroom, when you walked in the door, there was a huge space, and it had like individual tables. At this time during COVID, they sat only two, and they would sit across each other at each a table. There were only like 100 residents in that place, that's what I liked too. It was smaller, and even the residents were so nice. They had a billiards room, they had a chapel, they had a pool table, there were residents playing cards together, they do bingo, and they do arts and crafts. It was amazing. I believe it was very reasonable and well worth the price that she would have to pay. Everything was included, internet, cable, electricity, water, and literally the only thing she would have to pay out of pocket was her hygiene and her laundry soap. Everything else was offered to her.

January 21, 2021

By ReviewerAT1211A

It was a very nice tour experience at Azalea Park. The people were very friendly and the staff was friendly, so it was a great experience. The rooms were fine, but small for my dad. The layout was an open concept, so it was spacious.

December 11, 2020

By Lynn

Everyone is so friendly and caring. The staff go out of their way to ensure the residents are safe, happy and cared for. The grounds are always so well-groomed and the interior is clean, neat and smells fresh! So thankful my mom chose to live here. You can't beat the location either!

By Susan T.

Excellent community. This team handles Covid excellent. I love it here.

By Linda

Excellent staff. These staff members truly care for the residents. It's not just a nice place to stay and live, it's a place where the residents are loved and cherished. It's a home, not just a building to stay in! Best in Polk County!

By Gayle

Staff is extremely friendly and will always assist us with our family. High standards of building and grounds are a joy. We will address our living there ourselves in a few years. Ever so, many thanks for your exceptional services.

By Susan

Excellent community. This team handles Covid excellent. I love it here.

September 10, 2020

By Brenda C.

Every time I visit, I see the staff going above and beyond helping the residents. I conduct a card making class and they all tell me how much they love being a resident at Azalea Park.

August 26, 2020

By Connie C.L

Azalea Park is an outstanding independent living home. The friendliest, caring and compassionate staff make each day a happy place for their residents. They have plenty of activities and entertainment to keep residents active. They have a bus that takes them shopping or to a doctor's visit whenever restrictions aren't in place. They have been 100% Covid-19 free during this pandemic and I am at peace that my Mom has been so well care for at this residence for the past 3 years. I highly recommend and a big "Thank You" to all the lovely staff members!

November 13, 2019

By Gail

Azalea Park was a nice facility. I enjoyed their company and they were very cordial to me and very accepting. They had activities. The staff was very nice and very informative. The lunch I had was very delicious. The rooms were beautiful and kept up well, and they had laundry rooms. It had everything you could enjoy.

Hi Gail, thank you for taking the time to visit our community. We hope to see you again soon!

May 06, 2019

By Mary Jane

Azalea Park's facilities are beautiful and excellent. For independent living though, they don't give you the opportunity to cook in your kitchen because there are no stoves. The apartments are lovely. I was kind of surprised that they work with hospice. I saw a lot of people in walkers which to me is not independent living. They would be better off to advertise it as senior living, because if you're an independent senior and you want to come and go as you please, the one place that you don’t want to go is with people who are infirm, but it's a beautiful and wonderfully-managed place. The dining area was lovely and the food was excellent. They gave you your choice of a couple of entrees. The people were wonderful. Their overall management is greater than a 5, so when you have good management, you have good employees. The assistant manager who showed us around was excellent and followed through. They had everything you could possibly think of, like exercise, Bingo, games, cards, and a library.

December 06, 2018

By Bert

Among those places we've visited, Azalea Park is the one we liked the best. We went there several times, they invited us a couple of times, and the food is great. They're not quite as expensive as some of the other ones, but they don't have storage. So far that's the biggest problem, not having any storage. The staff was wonderful, they're really nice people, they took us around several times, and we saw several units. We went to some activities that they had there, like when there were kids during Halloween. It was a really nice place. They have a library, an exercise room, and a game room. There's a special dining area for when you want to invite your family, you can have a room all to yourselves for your dinner and things. They make everything really nice. They also have a beauty shop, barber shops, and all that. The food is the best, it's a very pretty and cordial place, and it's close to church.

June 14, 2018

By Pam R

Azalea Park has changed management several times. They've changed cooks and the meals are not that good. It's big and they only have one elevator. It has three floors and there's always a line trying to get in there. The people are handicapped and they have to use the elevators. I would never move there. I didn't care for the rooms that much, but they were handicap accessible. They don't have a pool. They have lots of activities and I've seen them doing those and they're very good. My brother lives there and he has a living room with a little kitchen, but no stove or anything. He has a bedroom and one bathroom. I saw other rooms and you can pay more, but they're very expensive. At first it was good, but it has gone downhill because they keep changing managers. I eat there once a week with him and the food has gone downhill. The dining room is only half full (and it used to be full). The staff is OK.

Hi Pam, we value the feedback you have provided and want to get more details, so we can improve for our residents. We strive to provide quality service and experience for all of our residents. Our manager would really like to speak with you more regarding this matter. Please reach out to us. We look forward to hearing from you.

September 20, 2017

By Richard K.

Azalea Park is a very nice, upscale place. The food is awful though, and the rooms are minuscule because they offer only kitchenettes, but the place is very clean, neat, and well-built. They don't offer as many amenities as some of the others.

March 29, 2017

By SY704600

The home at Azalea Park was very nice and comfortable, and it's a very nice lady who's running it. The clients were well-dressed, and their hair was done up. It just wasn’t what I was looking for.

November 07, 2016

By CD067481

Azalea Park was nice, the people were caring, and the residents are comfortable. The food was good. It was a beautiful place with a pool and a gym.

November 06, 2016

By Linda132862

Azalea Park is wonderful. It was 3 or 4 floors, I had a meal there, and the food was very good, like a home cooked meal. The patients were very friendly, and so was the staff. There’s enough room available for people in wheelchairs, and they had handicapped showers set up in the rooms. They’ve got a salon, but they have no swimming pool. They have an exercise room and a pool room, and they have a nice, big, sitting-dining room, but you can also have your meal brought to your room. The price was pretty reasonable considering what it offered.

October 22, 2016

I liked Azalea Park. I liked the fact that the manager and his wife live there, and also he has a mother living there, so that tells me that if it's OK for his mother, then it's probably OK for my mother. The facility looked very nice and well-kept.

October 06, 2016

By Ron362244

Azalea Park was pretty nice and had nice apartments and staff. They had an exercise room and activities going on here and there.

November 11, 2015

By Huggy1

Azalea Park was nice and convenient. They watch TV and they have many things planned with things to do. I want to move there. The apartments were spacious with a full kitchen.

September 29, 2015

By Caring113620850

We visited Azalea Park. It was very pleasant. They had a couple who showed us around. We really like the place other than we were a little bit shocked at how much it would cost for me and my wife. The dining room was well set-up. The rooms were fairly nice.

August 31, 2015

By Caring111995750

We visited Azalea Park. I really like their room sizes and just the overall atmosphere. It was very nice. They have different activities for the seniors to do. They have some outings. Once a week they would go to the grocery store, and once a week they would go to doctor's visits. It was very appealing for my mother. We were highly impressed with the staff and with the facility.

August 27, 2015

Azalea Park was almost identical to the one in Deltona. It was just a little far, and the cost of it was a lot more. The people there were great. They looked fine, and the residents looked happy. They had activities, but it was not really the right location for us, and it was also a lot more expensive. There was a microwave in the room and a refrigerator, but I never saw a stove, which I sort of understand that they may not want a lot of people cooking in there. They did have a little kitchenette, and it was fine since they provided three meals a day.

June 29, 2015

I liked Azalea Park because it was homey and not institutionalized. It was lovely and very well maintained. It was cheery, light not dark, and institutional looking. The residents seemed happy. They offered activities. They do lots of music, bingo, and baseball, which they do with a beach ball. The neighborhood was very nice because it was right next door to a golf course and was kind of an upscale retirement area.

June 07, 2015

By Sharon108526850

Azalea Park was beautiful inside. It was a really nice place. The dining room looked like a country club. The staff was very good and very helpful. The apartments were a little smaller. They had a studio, a one-bedroom, and a two-bedroom.

May 06, 2015

By Lois23

Azalea Park had an open floor plan and a nice big dining room, the manager was very friendly and helpful, and it had everything that I thought I would need. The rooms were nicely furnished, and the open floor plan was nice. They were definitely spacious enough. The grounds were nice and well kept. They had all kinds of activities. They had lots of craft groups, different entertainments, and that sort of thing. The food was very good.

May 01, 2015

By Yvonne24

In Azalea Park, I can live there and travel to any of their communities nationwide. The people working there are all good and friendly. They have several different sizes of rooms from studio to two-bedrooms. They do everything; they have exercise rooms and machines. The sanitation was very nice.

February 25, 2015

It's next door to where my mother currently lives, and she has had some people that lived in her community that have moved over at Azalea Park, so she has been over there to visit. We went and visited the rooms ourselves for that one. The staff were very friendly. The rooms and apartments were very nice and spacious, and I think it just felt less institutional. Some of them had a separate bedroom and living area. The dining area was very nice and bright, there was a sitting area there very nearby, and they had some entertainment going on. They had a reading area like a library and a game area. They had someone playing a piano in the lobby. They were singing, some people were dancing, and others were just sitting around listening. It just seemed very homey. It just felt like it was a living area that people could feel comfortable in and not so much an area where people were ill. With security, we had to check in with somebody as soon as we arrived. Just inside the front door was the farthest we got before we had somebody talk to us.

November 01, 2014

Azalea was neat and clean, and the grounds were all groomed. The food is very good, it was well-run, and it was in good condition. They had people come in: singers, comediennes, and magicians outside for entertainment.

September 30, 2014

By Caring95391950

We liked everything about Azalea Park. We visited quite a few places, and we really liked this place better than anything. The food was great. What we like the most about the dining room; it was like a restaurant. They have different variety of rooms; they have studio apartment, one-bedroom, and two-bedroom.

March 26, 2014

Azalea Park was very nice. The rooms were small but brighter, cheerier, newer, and updated. It was more expensive. The lady that I was working with was ok. They have everything you can imagine: bingo, water activity, exercise classes and shuttles. The dining area was very pretty, nice, clean and organized. The residents seemed very happy, they were all cheerful and invited me to see their place.

February 28, 2014

By Nancy79088950

Mom chose Azalea Park because it was close to us and she liked the friendship and camaraderie of the staff and the residents. The staff is very friendly and helpful. She has been there for about six months now and the facility is excellent. It's very clean. They have a gourmet chef and their meals are very good. I know they have games and some live entertainers that come in to the facility. They also have church activities.

November 28, 2013

I was invited for a lunch at Azalea Park and the food was good. I think that's a very nice service that they do. I sat with a few residents for lunch and they were very nice. The facility's infrastructure is very attractive. The entry way is kind of three-story open area which is very welcoming and very pretty. And then off of that is a very big dining hall with a lot of tables in it.

October 17, 2013

By Caring71900450

Azalea Park was beautiful and excellent. I really liked it. It was like a cruise ship. They had a balcony that goes all the way around and when you go up there, you could see the whole dining area below. It was very open and comfortable. The people there were wonderful and nice and I loved them. The staff was nice. They had a fitness room and library. They had activities. Their units had a small kitchenette with a microwave and a sink. They took the residents to doctor's apartment. However, they were very far from where my family lived.

July 25, 2013

By kingartct

I was very impressed with your facility, from the decor to the personnel, to the food. I'm looking for a retirement facility for myself and will be bringing my son here, so he can see exactly what I type of place I want to retire in. I felt right at home from the minute I got here. All of the staff were extremely helpful and friendly. I had lunch in the dining room and was very happy with the cuisine as well as the wait staff. The residents at my table had been residents for at least 10 years and they couldn't have been nicer. All of the residents that I viewed seemed to be very happy and all looked as though they were active and involved. I'm looking forward to my next visit with my son. Linda

July 12, 2013

By caring2842

Azalea Park is fine for people on walkers and that type of thing but that's not for us. We want to be self-sufficient as much as possible. During our visit there, we asked if they have an apartment with a kitchen and they said they didn't have a kitchen in any of their apartments, so we just turned around and walked away.

Hello, we are disappointed that Azalea Park was not the perfect fit for you at that time. Thank you for considering Azalea Park in your search for senior living. We hope if you are ever in need again, you will come back and see us!

July 10, 2013

Azalea Plaza is very nice, clean and modern and I love it. The staff is very nice and very accommodating. I liked the food, I've eaten there several times and it's very nice. They have a lot of activities, movies, bingo and a bus which takes them to places. I would recommend this place to others.

Questions about Azalea Park

Describe the overall population of independent living residents at Azalea Park. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

What transportation services does Azalea Park offer to independent living residents?

What makes the chef or dining program at Azalea Park exceptional? What kind of menu can independent living residents expect?

What common areas are available for independent living residents?

What safety features or security measures does Azalea Park offer to independent living residents?

If Azalea Park accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

Does Azalea Park work with an agency or registry to provide nursing and medical assistance as needed?

Costs for Azalea Park

Photos of Azalea Park

Services and Amenities of Azalea Park

• Housing Extra: Handicap Barrier Free Units Available, Hardwood, Individual Climate Control, Safety Rails In Bathroom, Telephone Hookup, Walk In Tub

• Dining Extra: Private Dining Room, Resident Kitchen

• Hiking Trails
  • Features Extra: Laundry Room For Use, Chapel, Library, Locked Mailboxes, Elevator, Parking: Covered, Private

• Technology Extra: Wi Fi In Common Areas

• Activities Extra: Billiard Lounge, Game Room, Activity Room

• Pets: Most Pets Allowed

About Azalea Park

Azalea Park is located in Lakeland, FL, providing a vibrant backdrop for your new life as a valued member of our caring community.

So come to Azalea Park for a visit...and stay!

Map of Azalea Park