Lake Placid Health Care Center

Reviews of Lake Placid Health Care Center

Nursing Home Reviews for Lake Placid Health Care Center

March 29, 2017

By Karen182782

Lake Placid Health Care Center was a basic nursing home-type facility, and they had an exceptional occupational and physical therapy department. They had wonderful nurses -- a couple of who are very outstanding and whom I really liked -- and very helpful CNAs. The doctors came there. I always ate in my room and never went to the dining area, but the breakfasts were good.

October 06, 2014

By Care for my Dad

My father stayed at Lake Placid Health Care Center for almost two weeks. He was transferred from Florida Hospital to rehabilitate in hopes of regaining his balance and strength in order to return to his Assisted Living home. While he was there, he was assisted with speech therapy, physical therapy, assistance in eating and all the basics of life. When dad arrived he was already in the final phase of his life journey, very frail and thin, weak, difficulty with swallowing, etc. The nursing staff did absolutely everything they could to help him to thrive. They informed us daily of his medical status. My brother was local, but I was long distance and their well explained updates, their medical decision making, and holding the phone up to my dad's ear were of significant and lasting comfort to me. Yesterday, dad went to Heaven in the middle of the night. I received a call moments later from dad's nurse Laurie, which I had anticipated. Everyone that was on duty was gathered in his room, holding his hand during his last moments. This facility is a skilled nursing facility. In the end, this is exactly what my dad needed- skilled nurses to monitor and care for him with close supervision. He was completely comfortable with no pain. I would like to personally thank all those who took care of my dad that were behind the scenes. In particular, I am grateful to Amanda, Angie, Laurie, and Tammie who are not only excellent medical providers, but gifted with mercy, love, and compassion.

August 28, 2014

By Bren2

I had been in Lake Placid Healthcare Center. 90% of the staff was good. I only had problem with one nurse. They did have helpful staff. The social worker was good. If I have a problem, I went to the social worker right away and she took care of it. The only disadvantage I saw was that if you needed something for pain, you had to wait a long time for it. They're not very quick on the service. The food was great. It was very good. The cafeteria was small but it was adequate. The rooms were very small, but the therapy was excellent. However, the whole facility overall was too cold for my comfort. I was cold all the time I was there. I was in rehab most of the day, so I didn't do any extra activities. What I like best about this facility is their physical therapy, they had a very good program. What they need to improve on is make the rooms more comfortable and roomier.

About Lake Placid Health Care Center

Lake Placid Health Care Center is a senior living provider in Lake Placid, Florida that offers residents Nursing Homes and Nursing Homes. Contact Lake Placid Health Care Center for more details on services and rates.

Map of Lake Placid Health Care Center