Southern Gardens Assisted Living Residence

Reviews of Southern Gardens Assisted Living Residence

Assisted Living Reviews for Southern Gardens Assisted Living Residence

July 25, 2015

By daughterofdementedmom

My mother has lived here. They worked with her income, gave her things she needed without us asking and worked with us when we felt mom needed something. The only reason I can't give 5 stars, the place is old and has some issues every now and again (elevators, a/c units, and carpets not vacuumed b/c the vacuum cleaner was useless). The staff is superb and very accommodating. They have a great activities director, a car and a bus for taking residents to appointments and excursions, a beautician who comes in once a week, a large lobby and dining room, and their courtyard is beautiful. The only reason I have had to move my mother is due to her dementia progression. She has become a flight risk and aggressive/confrontational because she wants to go "home" and they are not a locked-down facility. I hate having to move her because nothing in her price range will be as nice as Southern Gardens. I would recommend them.

May 12, 2015

By Jeannie8

Southern Gardens Assisted Living is a nice and very clean place. We’re still getting my mother situated in there. It’s close to me for one thing, and they supply anything that we need so far. The rooms are very spacious. The biggest problem is that the door is not locked out front, so I just sit there keeping an eye out for her, and hopefully that will be fine. The staff is very nice and very accommodating; they answer all my questions. My mother says the food is great.

July 31, 2014

By Dr. Smith

Southern Gardens have a lot of nurses on staff and everyone worked well together. The facility is very spacious and I didn’t hear anybody complained about the food.

August 29, 2013

By Diane35

Southern Gardens was clean and a nice place to live in. It had a nice surrounding outside and it was in town so they could walk to different places. My uncle was well taken care of when he lived there. His was in a small shared room. They had activity programs and they took them on trips.

Costs for Southern Gardens Assisted Living Residence

Photos of Southern Gardens Assisted Living Residence

Services and Amenities of Southern Gardens Assisted Living Residence

• Companion Suites: We Do Offer Companion Suites
  • Housing Extra: Shared Living

• Pets: All Pets Allowed

About Southern Gardens Assisted Living Residence

Our mission is to provide the highest quality services, programs, and facilities possible to enhance the quality of life for each resident, every day.

Our vision is to be Polk County's premier senior's community. We are committed to leading the senior's industry by our integrity, innovation, client satisfaction, and financial stability.

Our strength is drawn from an uncompromising commitment to resident satisfaction.

The staff is comprised of competent professionals who create a warm, secure environment and deliver a wide variety of quality services. Our approach is honest, courteous, and responsive as we continue to strive for excellence.

Services

Here are our services and amenities

• 24 hour staffing
  • State of the Art Emergency Call System
  • Three meals daily with meal reminders
  • Weekly Daily Housekeeping
  • Linen Services Daily
  • Social and Recreational Programs
  • Personal Laundry Weekly
  • Scheduled transportation to local medical appointments and shopping
  • Utilities (excluding telephone)
  • Apartment maintenance and repair
  • Bathing assistance twice a week
  • Medication assistance upon written order by resident's Physician
  • Prescription ordering & delivery by Southern Gardens preferred provider. (The use of a non-facility provider will create an additional monthly fee) Grooming & personal hygiene assistance
  • Basic cable television

- Has LNS license so can offer higher levels of care - Very homey atmosphere - Home cooking - Southern hospitality

Map of Southern Gardens Assisted Living Residence