Heartland Health Care Center Kendall

Reviews of Heartland Health Care Center Kendall

Assisted Living Reviews for Heartland Health Care Center Kendall

March 29, 2013

By Maro123

My grandmother suffered a stroke and was sent to heartland for rehab. In respects to rehab they were great! The RNs and Care techs on the other hand were not pleasant to interact with. There were incidents of my grandmother falling because they wouldn't take her to the rest room and she having to sleep in her urined diaper and bed because again they wouldn't never come to take her to the bathroom when she called them. Even with doctors orders that she should be taken to the rest room they would order her to pee in her briefs and then they wouldn't change her. The nurses were rude and always in a bad mood. There were two care techs who really showed compassion and care to my grandmother. The two Care techs would even check on her regularly even when they weren't assigned to her floor because they knew the ones on duty weren't coming to check on her. I would recommend this place for outpatient rehab but for nothing else. Worst patient care I've seen.

July 28, 2012

By elsacloud

Heartland, Kendall was about as good as one of these places could be. The first thing, which to me mattered a lot, was that there was no bad smell to the place -- neither of waste not of cleaning fluids. It was generally fairly quiet, but there were always people within calling distance/line of sight of residents. My father had dementia, Alzhiemer's and Parkinson's. At the end, as his condition worsened over a month, he was allowed to stay in Assisted Living rather than sent up to the nursing home part, saving my mom money but most importantly allowing him to stay with his longterm roommate and to be cared for by people he was used to. Also, Heartland worked with hospice providers, so that they could supplement care provided by Assisted Living staff and at the end be there 24 hours a day. My father's death was handled respectfully, and the staff genuinely mourned him -- and he was not always the most compliant or easy of patients.

July 27, 2011

By Steph0326

The administrator was a sweetheart. The staff was wonderful as well. The only thing I didn't like was that the people there do not seem to get as much attention as they should. I would have liked to see more interaction between the staff and those living there. We were there right around lunch time for them and the food was simply left at their bedside with no interaction or conversation while dropping off the meals.

Services and Amenities of Heartland Health Care Center Kendall

• Nurse On Staff: Onsite 24/7

About Heartland Health Care Center Kendall

Heartland Health Care Center Kendall is a senior living provider in Kendall, Florida that offers residents Assisted Living. Contact Heartland Health Care Center Kendall for more details on services and rates.

Map of Heartland Health Care Center Kendall