The Coves at River Garden

Independent Living Reviews for The Coves at River Garden

Nursing Home Reviews for The Coves at River Garden

December 22, 2014

By Leahla

Be forewarned. It's sad to me that this is actually a very highly rated facility. My mother was at River Garden for rehab due to a fall. There were times my 100-year-old mother waited on the toilet for as long as 40 minutes before someone came to assist her back into her wheelchair. She was injured and bruised, once by a wheelchair that had sharp metal edges that they never changed, saying they didn't have another one. A family member wrapped the ragged area to prevent further injury. The staff did nothing. She was fragile and hurt almost daily by careless nursing staff trying to get their jobs done quickly. One morning, a nurse named Joy came to give my mother medication before she had a chance to go to the bathroom. I told her that my mother needed to go to the bathroom. She insisted that my mother take her pills first. My mother, who was continent, could not hold her urine at that point because of the timing. Also, part of taking pills is drinking. It was sad and upsetting to see my mother wet herself because of this uncaring nurse. Imagine, if someone kept you from going to the bathroom and you couldn't hold it. I later heard that this nurse did this to others and that the nurses are on a very tight schedule and penalized if they don't get their pills distributed within a certain time. My sister saw her do it to another patient. This was such an egregious act of disrespect. When I told the nursing supervisor what happened, she defended the nurse. This facility puts schedules over people. My mother's blood pressure was very high at times at this facility. This prevented her from having physical therapy some days, and this was the whole reason she was there. The care was so poor that we left against medical advice. My mother progressed much more smoothly away from this facility. When she came home, her blood pressure normalized and was rarely high again. I gave it 2 stars to give some credit to the staff that is caring, but almost all of the staff is stressed. Obviously, stressed people do not give the best care. It was very concerning that management was unresponsive to our concerns, including my mother's injuries.

December 22, 2012

By SarahC3

RiverGarden is the perfect choice for long-term and assisted living care for a loved one when they can no longer live alone. My grandmother had always been an independent woman, but the time came six months ago when she could no longer live alone due to her age. Our family researched and visited several nursing homes in the area. RiverGarden was the perfect facility. The staff is always curteous and friendly. They have awesome dietary staff to handle all nutrition needs. The facilities are always immaculate when I visit. The gardens are a great place to hang out and visit. They offer full services so we never have to worry about the care being given. Overall the best place for our grandmother.

July 10, 2012

By lndiamond

The ambiance at River Gardens was great. The property is very nice. It has flowers and various plants around to lighten the atmosphere. The staff was very friendly and helpful whenever we went to visit my grandmother. My grandmother stayed at the facility for several weeks and became close with one staff member in particular. Her name was Suzanne. She had a wonderful personality. When we left from our visit with grandma, we knew she was in good hands. Due to her illness, my grandmother did not have much of an appetite. Suzanne became aware of my grandmothers favorite food and began sneaking it into her room for her in an effort to get her to eat. I would definitely recommend this facility to other families. In fact, my great aunt has been considering moving there as well. There are plenty of activities for residents to stay occupied while having fun at the same time.

December 07, 2011

By Jason Fox

It was a very nice place to visit my grandfather. The staff is well trained including the CNAs who give the residents the most amount of care. They are not understaffed or have limited resources such as the other homes around town. The facility itself well taken care of and run in an orderly manner. It was an overall very enjoyable experience.

July 26, 2011

By moom0010

The Adult Day Program they offer for day clients is amazing, and i would not trust any other facility to stimulate my father's mind and provide for his safety as much as i do River Garden. The staff in the ADP genuinely care about the clients (our loved ones) and are there because they care, not just because they need a paycheck.

Services and Amenities of The Coves at River Garden

• Overall:
  • Ownership Type: Non Profit Corporation
  • Date Certified: 10/01/2020

About The Coves at River Garden

The Coves at River Garden is a senior living provider in Jacksonville, Florida that offers residents Independent Living and Nursing Homes. Contact The Coves at River Garden for more details on services and rates.

Map of The Coves at River Garden