Brookdale Atrium Way

Reviews of Brookdale Atrium Way

Assisted Living Reviews for Brookdale Atrium Way

September 29, 2016

By Pam626706

I thought Brookdale Atrium Way needed to be redone. It was starting to look a little old, and it was dated. The carpets needed to be changed. Some painting needed to be done, and furniture needed to be recovered. It had some wear and tear. The people were very nice, and the location worked for me because it was close. The dining area looked nice. I don’t know if it’s the right fit for my mom, but I think some people would be happy there.

March 08, 2016

By Jordan5

Brookdale Atrium Way was a very beautiful place; it’s immaculate. The people were very nice. It was a clean place where I would feel comfortable having mom to live. Staff seemed to be friendly, and most especially it’s close to home.

January 28, 2016

By A Fellow Reviewer43

Brookdale Atrium Way is the same as the other facility I visited. The rooms were homey. As for activities, the residents look at questions on a TV screen, and they have to decide which choice is the correct answer. If they get the right answer, then they get a star, and if it’s the wrong answer, they have to rethink it. It is like a memory-type thing. They have a small grocery store there, too.

September 28, 2015

Brookdale seems to be a good community, and everybody has been really nice. My friend seems to be pretty happy. They have a lot of activities, and they seemed to be really caring about her. She has a one-bedroom, one bath, a combined living and kitchen area, and a little patio area. They have music that comes to the facility, they have Bingo, and they take them to shopping and doctor’s appointments. She said the food is pretty good.

May 17, 2015

Brookdale Atrium Way was an older facility, but it waswell maintained and very clean. The residents all seemed very happy, and there were many things for everybody to do. It was very nice, but really far from my house. They had cooking, music, movies, and libraries, and they seemed to have a ton of stuff scheduled every day of the week, which made me happy too. Everybody was busy all the time, but it wasn't as cheery and bright as the other places.

Thank you for taking the time to visit and share your thoughts. We are committed to continuous quality care and service and will share your feedback with our management team.

April 27, 2015

The staff at Brookdale Atrium Way has the biggest heart, and they are all about trying to get everybody what they need. My grandmother's room is quite large. They have lot of amenities for their residents.

March 14, 2015

By Pamela31

Atrium at Regency was very clean. Their staff might have been pre-occupied as the head person that gave us a tour didn’t seem like she really want to show me around, so that bothered me. Other than that, the facility itself was beautiful, clean, and smell free. The physical therapy room was overcrowded. It has almost 20 patients in there, but there were only 5 physical therapists, and I noticed most of them where just sitting there. They weren't doing anything, so that I didn’t like either. The staff told me that they are in the process of expanding their physical therapy room so that they could accommodate the patients more.

December 28, 2014

Atrium provides a lot, but it just didn't have that same warm family feeling to it. It was more sterile looking to me. It seemed clean, but it was much older. The main area was nice.

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. By giving us your feedback, you are helping us to understand what we do well and what we need to focus on improving. Please be assured your feedback will be reviewed and used to help better serve our residents and their families.

November 30, 2014

At the Atrium, I didn't like the fact that you have to eat with the same people three meals a day. All the staff was very accommodating, and they were very nice. The rooms were smaller than some of the places I visited. The dining room was very nice.

November 11, 2014

By Michelle96390650

Our experience with Brookdale Atrium Way was fine. The staff were very helpful, and the rooms were nice. They do have activities, but I can't remember them anymore.

November 03, 2014

By Cathy96299650

We visited the Atrium (Brookdale) which was very nice. I’d highly recommend it. I was impressed with the people that are running it and in the cleanliness of it. Very nice people. All the residents looked very happy. They were cooking lunch when we were there; the food smelled wonderful. All the residents looked like they were having a good time. The rooms looked very nice; they paint and clean them before you move in. The grounds are kept up. There are all kinds of trees and they’re closed in for the residents to go in and sit by the water and it’s very quiet back there. It’s very nice where it’s located. It’s down a dead-end and you think you’re not going anywhere, but it opens up and there sits the Atrium (Brookdale). They have the senior living, assisted living, and nursing home right on the same property. They have things they offer. If you want to have people come in and make sure you’re taking your medicine, it’s a little extra charge but it’s not astronomical in cost.

May 29, 2014

The Atrium smelled fine. The rooms are comfortable. The food is satisfactory. The staff is nice enough. I like that there was space available.

November 27, 2013

By Caring72009350

I like the Atrium Jacksonville. The facility is very clean, very bright, very well decorated. The lady who showed me around was very knowledgeable and very professional. On the time I was there, they had a King Fish contest and they also had a picnic lunch. They also take the residents to shopping, movies, and to the malls. The people are very professional. They had a beauty parlor there and different things; and physical therapy if she needed it. It seemed pretty complete.

September 25, 2013

By toby jr

Other

I would never have a family member live there ,, not enough staff,, smells of mold,,, not clean,,lots of dust everywhere

Thank you for your feedback. I’m sorry we did not meet your expectations when you visited our community. We have housekeepers daily that are assigned to clean common areas and residents’ apartments. We conduct regular inspections of our community to ensure it is clean. In addition, we have a work order system 7 days a week, so that anyone can submit a housekeeping request. Work orders are typically completed within 24 hrs. Finally, I meet regularly with the resident council to solicit feedback and collaborate. Regarding our staffing, we staff based on resident acuity to ensure appropriate staffing levels to meet our residents’ needs. This is accomplished utilizing a sophisticated acuity based staffing tool. This results in our staffing far exceeding the state assisted living requirements. I would like to have the opportunity to discuss this with you further. Please feel free to call me at your convenience: (904) 724-4001

Joseph Cassiba, Executive Director

September 09, 2013

By Gadget1949

Other

I am a daughter living in Massachusetts with aging parents in Jacksonville Fla and I was contacted by a representative from Caring Partners. I felt such an emotional transfer of concerns..everything I voiced was acknowledged and I felt so supported. I was given wonderful suggestions but realistic points of view. I have the contacts number and know I will keep in touch. Thank you for such a great resource.

August 25, 2013

By Wayne1

I visited Atrium and I thought it was a very nice place. The staff was very helpful, polite, informative and very accommodating. The food was good. The whole facility's lay out was beautifully done. The rooms were beautiful. My dad loved it and there's nothing that I did not like about it.

June 29, 2013

By Patti5

I chose Atrium Jacksonville because it's closer to where I live and after my mom had gotten out of the hospital for a surgery, they had put her on a rehab side at the Atrium and we liked it. Now she is in the independent living side of the facility. The staff was very professional and everyone is very, very friend. I think they are doing a great job. They have bingo, bowling, they have entertainers like singer and guitar players come in and there are different areas through out the building where there other things that they can do like play cards or make puzzles and they've got a physical therapy set up in there for them as well.

June 17, 2013

By Gertha

I paid a visit at Atrium Jacksonville and it looked clean. The staff were very helpful. It was a nice facility.

May 15, 2013

By caring0506113

Atrium at Jacksonville was very nice, very clean, and the staff was very professional. But dad wanted to be closer to my mother who is in Atlanta.

May 14, 2013

By Susan43

I looked for a place for my mom and I visited Atrium Jacksonville. It was a beautiful and wonderful place. The staff were caring and helpful. The rooms were bright and spacious, and the hallways were easily navigate able. There were music, games, dining, they celebrate birthdays of the residents, etc. Over all, it was a nice facility.

December 06, 2012

By mimiw23

My father likes living at the Atrium in the assisted living section. However, we have had continuous issues about the staff. My father has found them to take a long time to respond to a call and sometimes do not respond for several hours. I have addressed the issue with the Administrators, who always seem to have an excuse...we're having trouble with the alarm system, they were probably helping someone else. Unfortunately, when dealing like with an elderly, handicapped person, the excuses get old fast. We have also found terrible confusion with my dad's medications. Yes, the Atrium is clean, the food is great and the staff is nice, but nice does not dismiss the fact that they are not responsive. I am looking for lodgings elsewhere for my father.

November 20, 2012

By Clarkson

When my grandfather began having his issues, and heard that he would have to be moved into a home, I was honestly quite worried. Homes in my past have typically been dreadful. The people living in the places seemed depressed and down. This however, was not the case with The Atrium. I walked into the facility to see many smiling faces. The people there seemed to be in an all-around pleasant mood. The atmosphere was wonderful, and the lighting seemed to compliment the mood; it was not too dark. My grandfather was very excited to speak of the Ice Cream served every Tuesday. I thought perhaps is cafeteria ice cream, but I came to discover there was an actual ice cream parlor! Moving on from the facilities themselves, the staff was excellent. They all bore a professional appearance, and appeared to enjoy themselves and their jobs. There was a special member of the staff, a dog, which seemed to be a delight to the residents of the facilities. Overall, I must say that things were wonderful for my grandfather while he was there!

October 29, 2012

By Jdawg0324

At the Atrium the staff was very nice, greeting us as we entered the doors. The layout of the building sort of bothered me since it seemed one main room was used for dining and all events. Also, the smell is always a little different in nursing homes but it smelled especially weird on the day that we went to visit. And space needed to be addressed. Space became an issue when i first noticed the above situtation with the dining area. But as i passed through this area and came to the room of my great uncle, I also noticed that his room was tiny. His chair was about 2 feet from the tv and that is as far away as possible it could have been. And lastly cleanliness was an issue. I was told that it was because of the time of day we went but, if I'm paying money for the care of my elder i want it to be clean all the time. No elderly peson should have to deal with any type of filth because of the lack of the correct care their receiving.

July 11, 2012

By satisfied3

Our experiences with Atrium Jacksonville have been a mixed bag but trending towards the good overall. Most striking , and positive, has been the extremely kind, caring, and compassionate demeanor of several of the staff. In fact when I was looking for an assisted living facility for my parents , I asked a couple of the residents, at random, how they liked it there. It almost broke my heart when one replied "it's not quite like our homes, but the people here are nice to us." That has almost universally been our experience as well. Despite a rocky start we have all settled into a comfortable routine. Mom has made friends with other residents and loves the attention she gets from the staff. The grounds and the buildings are well maintained. The ponds outside are a boon to the local wildlife who in turn amuse the residents. The food is tasty and fresh. I wish I could move in.

April 13, 2012

By commercesd

The Atrium Jacksonville was assisted living facility looked really well-kept from the outside. The lovely lake right along the property looked tranquil and serene. The grounds included much lush, exotic greenery which added nicely to the overall aesthetic. The Grecian style pool was particularly beautiful. Every part of this facility looked more like a resort than anything else. It really was one of the most gorgeously designed places we've seen thus far. The main foyer had a lovely receiving area, reminiscent of a high-end hotel. All of the communal areas all had plenty of space for residents to enjoy with each other and friends and family. The food choices looked nutritious and delicious, as well as the regular snacks - offered continually. The dining areas have many options. From more intimate to communal dining, resident can choose whatever they like. The living suites were all a nicely sized and beautifully decorated. We could see that anyone could be comfortable in any one of them. Each unit had individually controlled temperatures. The patio areas also had barbeques where they have hosted and private parties. Events and outings scheduled include anything you can imagine - from restaurants, to art museums, the library, to local films, fine dining and theater. They also host many onsite parties for residents at the facility which they encourage friends and family to attend regularly. The residents looked like they enjoy living here, and we could really see why. Anyone could be happy living in this thoughtfully designed, spacious, beautifully decorated environment. The staff also very adequately attended to the residents needs easily, and with kindness.

Independent Living Reviews for Brookdale Atrium Way

December 10, 2015

By Becky M.

My parents are in the Brookdale Atrium. They're all friendly, and it's very clean. They provide all of the meals, which are pretty good. The apartments are very nice. It is near a lot of places and shopping areas, and there's a bus that takes them shopping if they want to sign up to go at certain times. It's a nice area. They're finding things that interest them little by little, but they have a lot of activities.

September 06, 2015

My parents are at Brookdale Atrium Way. The staff is very nice, and they seem to be helpful. They are in a two-bedroom apartment, and it is nice. They have card games, ice cream parties, church services, music nights, and movie nights. They also have free transportation to go to different places during the week. I like that it is pretty and inviting, the dining room is beautiful, the staff seems to try to be helpful, and it is pretty clean.

June 29, 2015

We visited Brookdale Atrium Way (Formerly Atrium Jacksonville). The rooms were fine, and the staff were all very good.

May 08, 2015

I think the staff is OK at Brookdale Atrium Way. They are knowledgeable. The rooms are nice. They are a little spacious. They are not the cleanest, but they are OK. They have a lot of activities. They have bingo, a weight room, and arts & crafts. They have a lot of stuff. I like that it is convenient and reasonable.

October 18, 2014

By CindyS2014

The Atrium is a wonderful Community. My Mother has lived here for 3 years now and wishes she would have moved sooner. The Activities Director keeps the Residents moving and grooving every day of the week. She is so willing to accommodate any request a Resident has to add to the calendar each month. The food is good for the most part, however there are a few things i would change (maybe steak a little more often!). Theres never been a time that i have visited where an employee doesnt smile and say hello, everyone is so welcoming and willing to help each and every person that walks through the door. My Mother enjoys being a part of the Atrium "family" and wouldnt have it any other way!

Photos of Brookdale Atrium Way

Services and Amenities of Brookdale Atrium Way

• Companion Suites: We Offer Companion Suites (Memory Care Only)

• Coffee Shop

• Home Sale Assistance

• Spanish

• Licenses: 7109 - LNS Licence

About Brookdale Atrium Way

Brookdale Atrium Way provides a full range of choices for today's seniors. Choosing a senior living community represents a lifestyle choice and we understand that our residents are choosing much more than a comfortable living environment to call home. Brookdale Living's Jacksonville, FL community delivers Inspired Independent Living, with the promise of Exceptional Experiences Everyday. In choosing this community, our residents have made a conscious lifestyle decision designed to deliver enhanced opportunities for pursuing health and life fulfillment through the exceptional independent and assisted living services, amenities, and opportunities we offer. And, the residents at Brookdale Atrium Way can rest assured that as their needs change, we provide a variety of ancillary services and a Personalized Assisted Living environment that encourages residents to continue to live as they please while respecting individual preferences.

Optimum Life&reg and Celebrations provide an all-encompassing way of life that touches the lives of the residents of this independent and assisted living community, their families, and associates alike. Optimum Life&reg is a journey of self-discovery including services, features, and benefits that allow each resident to pursue their peak level of health, wholeness and fulfillment while balancing six key dimensions of personal wellness: emotional, intellectual, physical, social, spiritual and purposeful. As part of Optimum Life&reg, the mission of Brookdale Atrium Way is to encourage our independent and assisted living residents to celebrate life each day. Inspired dining and vibrant lifestyle activities come together in our Celebrations program filling the monthly calendar at Brookdale Living's Jacksonville, FL community with themed experiences, special events, and group activities that highlight different cultures and cuisines in a common venue of camaraderie.

We are a the only rental CCRC community, located on 18 beautiful wooded lakes surrounded by ponds and lagoons, we have many private picnic areas and walking paths and we are pet friendly.

Map of Brookdale Atrium Way