Atria Windsor Woods

Reviews of Atria Windsor Woods

Assisted Living Reviews for Atria Windsor Woods

May 05, 2021

By PaulKennie

I had my dad at Atria Windsor Woods and he was very happy! Even during covid the staff were caring and supportive, activities set up facetime visits, the meals were delivered as room service, which my dad appreciated since he had difficulty walking. Daily he received a program with activities and things he could do in his apartment. He wasn't able to use the pool during covid, but it looked beautiful and refreshing to view. I definitely recommend Atria Windsor Woods for anyone needing a caring, fun place to live.

Hi Paul, We're happy to have your dad call Atria home. We value your feedback and appreciate your kind compliments of our staff.

January 20, 2021

By Christine

I toured Atria Windsor Woods. The tour was excellent, it looked wonderful, and it's not in an urban area. They have a pool, but we were not able to visualize any activity being done. The rooms were beautiful, they had several floor plans, but the ones we looked at were smaller than the other place we've seen. The dining area was beautiful, it's like walking into a resort.

December 24, 2020

By ReviewerAT1111

I went to Atria Windsor Woods. The staff was very kind, very friendly, I was able to tour 2 different size units, it's very well taken care of, the place looked brand new even though it's older, and it's very clean. There were lots of different activities going on, and they're very careful as far as hand sanitizing, temperature taking, making sure nobody has travelled. It's a very nice facility.

March 16, 2020

By WW

We lived in Atria Windsor Woods. It's an excellent facility, but my wife needed more care than they were licensed to give. The staff was excellent, very accommodating, and very helpful. The girls knew that my wife generally had to go to the bathroom after a meal, and they would be waiting at the door for us to come back. The accommodations were excellent. Our room was nice and large. The dining area was very good, and their meals were excellent. Their chef cooked for two different presidents. It's a very pretty environment, and it's back in the woods a little bit. I would recommend it. They seemed to have a very good variety of activities.

Thank you for being part of the Atria family! We appreciate your compliments and couldn't agree more that our chef's food is excellent.

November 16, 2019

By James

We found Atria Windsor Woods to be a really nice assisted living community. Their individual apartments were really nice and the staff was very helpful. They had a really nice activities room, a library section, their facilities are very nice. I saw the dining area, it's very nice and the food was very well-planned out. We really enjoyed our stay there during the tour. A few of the residents were playing cards, I saw some of them watching TV and others were doing some reading.

James, Thanks for visiting us at Atria Windsor Woods! We take pride in our quality service and thoughtful programming. Looking forward to seeing you again soon!

February 15, 2019

By Jean

My mother has been a resident of Atria Windsor Woods for several years now. I think the community is very good, and the appearance is beautiful. The staff is extremely loving and kind; I couldn't ask for a better staff. I don't have complaints about the food when I've eaten there. My mother says the quality of the food has gone down, but I'm not sure if that's true. They do come and tell my mother each day the activities they have where sight is not required, they're very good about that. They do have a lot of activities. Her apartment has a living room where she has room for four chairs and her TV, and she has a kitchenette with a bar she can sit at to eat. She has a two-burner stove, but she really has no reason to cook. She also has a microwave and a refrigerator. There's plenty of storage space. She has two very large closets and a linen closet, a large bedroom, and a nice bathroom with a walk-in shower. The staff is wonderful.

May 22, 2018

By Randy

Atria Windsor Woods had a basic price that I could afford, but it was way over my head based on what my needs are. My dad stayed there. It's beautiful, and they had a room available, but they said I wouldn't qualify to have it. It had a bedroom and a bath and was unfurnished. You have to put your own furniture in there. I would have difficulty getting out of the shower by myself, and it's an extra $400 if you need help with showers. I only saw one person, who showed me the room, and the nurse who did the assessment to see what my cost would be, and they were very nice.

September 20, 2017

By Kirk Williams

I have always been impressed with this facility and personnel. Always well maintained, and super nice people. However, their response during this dangerous hurricane was beyond impressive. Instead of hunkering down and crossing their fingers they evacuated all of the residents and staff to a hurricane safe facility at Disney in Orlando. They organized buses and vans to safely and comfortably evacuate the residents and their essential belongings. While they were at Disney they continued to entertain everyone, even having Kristen Bell there to sings songs and call a bingo game. Beyond terrific. All the while there were daily updates sent to the families (like me) keeping us well informed. I can't thank these folks enough. Bravo. Terrific job.

August 21, 2017

By Christine

Atria Windsor Woods was nice. The staff was really friendly, and I got a thorough tour of the place, but it was very large for my grandmother. The staff was very friendly and informative, and even gave us brownie bars. The studio room was unfurnished with a small kitchen but was a very good size. The dining area was very large and like a full-service restaurant. They come to your table and take your order, which was very nice. The place was very clean.

January 23, 2017

By William018652

Atria Windsor Woods was very nice and very clean. The people were very friendly. It was a nice place. They had activities, like bowling and a pool table. We saw the dining area and had some delicious cookies that they made.

October 06, 2016

I visited Atria Windsor. The place was clean, secure, and large. The staff was friendly, and the food was good.

October 04, 2016

By Ruth466360

We went around and looked at Atria Windsor Woods, and it was very nice. They gave a nice tour and showed us all the great things. It was very neat, clean, nice, and organized. It has a lot activities; in fact I got something in the mail today with their calendar telling me what they’re having this month. They have something going on all the time. They do have a pool where you get therapeutic exercise. We had a friend that lived there before that loved it. We liked the screen porches; everybody has a screened patio -- which was very nice and scenic. Their meals looked really great too. Elegant lifestyle living and upscale.

October 04, 2016

By David068402

Atria Windsor was a very nice place, and they did a really good job there. Mom lived there for 3 and a half months, and they were the best out of all I saw. Staff looked very attentive and good; it’s just that in that facility they have their own little room; they can’t really monitor the people. They have a lot of activities as well. Food was really good; they have three dining rooms and a wide selection of food on the menu. They have physical therapy, activity room for different games, a library, and bands coming in to play music. They have a bus that takes them to shopping.

December 28, 2015

By Jack48

My friend has been in Atria Windsor Woods for two months now. He is impressed with it and likes the layout and the food. He is happy there. The staff is tremendous. He is in a room with a kitchen and a bathroom. However, they should get him a roommate; he would be happier, then.They have a lot of activities.

December 16, 2015

By Judith W.

Atria Windsor Woods is a beautiful facility, but their cost is a little higher than others. The facility is too quiet for my mom and does not really suit her needs. I like the amenities that they have with the pool and everything. The chef is wonderful.

November 09, 2015

By Christine115709250

My parents used to live at Atria Windsor Woods. My mother loved their apartment which was on the ground-floor and very spacious with a big porch that led out to the pool.

July 31, 2015

By Jennifer110963250

I was very impressed with Atria Windsor Woods. It was very clean and home-like. The people there were very friendly and nice. They have a chef there, but I just felt food was fair. Also it was in a very safe neighborhood. There was a hospital within walking distance.

May 28, 2015

By Jean107023150

We chose Atria Windsor Woods because it's my mother's favorite. We will be signing with them. It was very elegant, and it had everything that we were looking for as far as her being to age in place. The food is good. Everything was clean and very fancy. The staff we dealt so far has been wonderful. The apartments were beautiful and of perfect size. It has a beautiful view from all the rooms.

April 27, 2015

By Mike104323550

I liked Atria more. It’s independent-living, but you have the ability to go from independent to assisted without having to move. You didn’t have to go out and find somebody to come in and give you the medical care that you needed; they actually had them on site. We had a very good meal. It was stuffed cabbage -- something I hadn’t had for a long time -- and I was very impressed with it. Their dining area was an elegant dining room with a wait staff so it was very nice. There was a 2-bedroom. There was no oven, but you had a 2-burner cooktop that you could do cooking on in case you didn’t want to go down to eat breakfast. They had heated swimming pools, water activities, outings, and transportation to medical appointments within a certain radius of the facility. The lady that we met was very knowledgeable. She had lunch with us, sat down, and answered all of our questions the best that she could. We did not feel like we were rushed at all. If she didn’t know, she actually would find help for us, so it was enjoyable. They do evaluations on the residents every 3 months as to whether or not they feel they need to have any type of assistance which is good. My in-laws were both impressed.

February 10, 2015

We have decided to go to Windsor Woods (Atria Windsor Woods). We chose this place because it is not fancy. It is cozy, clean, and friendly. It is a little more inexpensive than a lot of the places. The staff was friendly and accommodating. The rooms were spacious. I've tried the food, and it was good. Also the facility is right across the road from one of the better hospitals.

January 12, 2015

We decide we will go to Atria Windsor Woods because it is a cozy place. It is warm, and the food is great. It is a very pleasant place. The staff is terrific. It is close to a hospital which is right across the street. I have a calendar of the activities, and there is plenty going on. They take bus trips. They have all kinds of exercises, crafts, and bingo. They have the whole nine yards.

January 03, 2015

Atria Windsor was newer and beautiful. The food was excellent. They had a lot of activities. They had like a theater room. The dining room was very elegant. It was like you were on a cruise ship. The staff was very nice too. It was near Hudson beach. They had bus trips every week. It was cheaper than the older one we visited.

November 03, 2014

We looked at Atria Windsor Woods. The staff was very welcoming and nice. They had a pool and an exercise room. They had field trips all the time. The place was really nice. It was comfortable. It had a restaurant style dining room, which is very clean and very neat. The waiterss were very nice, and the meal was very good. It was very impressive, and we decided that's where we would like to go, if and when we need to go.

October 17, 2014

I am unimpressed with Atria Windsor Woods. The rooms are very dated, but the staff are friendly, and the residents looked happy and busy.

Thank you for visiting us at Atria Windsor Woods. While we did not end up being the perfect fit for you, we would love to share information about our other great communities in the area. Please feel free to reach out should we be of further service to your family and if you include “Atria Windsor Woods” in your subject line, we can quickly connect you with the right people to help!

August 04, 2014

By Aline1

I did not like the Atria Windsor Woods at all. It was too much like a nursing home. There were people around all the time and you could barely go through the front door because there was always somebody there in a wheelchair -- I just did not have a good feeling about it because of that. And then, one time I was a guest there and because the lady was ill at that time, we were late for dinner and the staff was very nasty about that. I thought I would never want to be there. The staff was not good and I was unhappy. The rooms were not neat at all and they were just not good. I was so unhappy that I did not stay very long. The whole thing just turned me off right away. They need to change the whole place around because it is not conducive to having people come in to visit. It is just not nice.

I am sorry to hear that you have not enjoyed your visits to our community and of your unhappiness with our staff. We would like to connect with you personally to gain a better understanding of your experience and how you feel we can improve. If you are willing, please email us directly and if you would kindly include “Atria Windsor Woods” in your subject line, we can include the appropriate directors in the correspondence. We are here to help and hope to hear from you soon.

June 30, 2014

I really liked Atria a lot. They have different sizes of rooms. They have studio apartments. The staff that I met was very, very good. I tasted some desserts; they were good. They had a movie room; they had bingo. They had quite a few things. I like where it's located. It's a very attractive and cheery place. There are stores around there, too. I liked pretty much the whole thing.

June 27, 2014

By Cindy5017

The staff who gave us a tour was very nice. The rooms were very nice.

May 30, 2014

By BettieL

I used to live at Atria Windsor Woods, and I really enjoyed my stay there, but I just couldn’t afford it, so that is the reason why I moved out. I was in a one-bedroom, and compared to the apartment I am in now, it was very small. They had good activities, and we could have transportation wherever we wanted to go and whenever we wanted to go, usually. The staff are mostly accommodating. I can highly recommend the food because they keep changing their chefs. I like living there, but the rent kept going up and my income didn’t.

April 29, 2014

By Reeni

We were able to visit Atria Windsor. The staff, the facility, everything I saw was better than I imagined. They were really good. We considered this facility to be at the top of our list. They had beautiful grounds, and you could look out at any window and see nature, which was nice and uplifting. The apartments were open and spacious and very practical. The halls were like you're in a nice hotel. You can just go down and order anything you want at any time you want in your dining room. They also allow pets.

March 20, 2014

By philly5695

Atria is a beautiful facility and everything there is top-notch. It has chandeliers and stained glass windows, and covered parking. They don’t have a dementia unit, though. The cleanliness is excellent. They have a separate dining room and adequate waitresses. The food is excellent. The staff is excellent as well.

November 21, 2013

By Mike35

The Windsor Woods was pretty much a ground level operation. It looked nice and I was comfortable with it. It's right across Fivay from a regional hospital there which is handy also. The big drawback was the distance from my home. It was too far to be convenient if Mom needed me for whatever reason or when I have to take her to a doctor's appointment or get her hearing aids adjusted. They had pretty extensive activities to keep everybody entertained and communing with each other.

July 22, 2013

By Taz1

The Sales team (mainly Sharon) was wonderful and so respectful to my father. They spoke directly to him and listened to his questions. It felt collaborative and they introduced us to various department heads as well as residents. We came back a second time and had a delicious lunch followed by more apartment viewing. My father committed to moving in on this 2nd visit! This was major shift from his anger and sadness at prospect of giving up his home and "stuff". The staff enabled him to see himself as a resident, and the fact there are so many other Veterans there is a major plus. This facility is close to my home and I feel he will be safer and happier here.

July 12, 2013

By Michelene

My grandmother is staying in Atria Windsor Woods. This community is not far from her hometown. It just felt comfortable there. The rooms they have there are very clean and are of a good size. She got an apartment that includes a mini-kitchen, a bedroom and a living room, and the apartment overlooks the pool. She just really loves it. The staff is very professional. They check on her every morning and remind her when it is time to eat. If she is not feeling good, she can order food up to her room. They also offer medication management which I think is really important. They just seem hands-on in terms of care. Also they have many activities throughout the day. They also offer transportation around the community and they can take her to the doctor. My grandmother is happier since she moved into this community. I just wish they could add on a unit that specializes on Alzheimer's care.

May 31, 2013

By caring1326

My parents live in a two-bedroom apartment at the Atria Windsor Woods. They love the food there. The staff are good and they have entertainment all the time. They have all kinds of games like mind games. They bring the residents to the stores and they go to church. My parents are happy there.

March 20, 2013

By Caring 5116

We had lunch at Atria Windsor Woods and it was very good. The apartments are somewhat small but so was the price tag. It was an intimate place. They do not have a set fee for assisted living.

February 28, 2013

By caring7724

Atria Windsor Woods looks like a little country club. I go up there every week and visit my friend. The staff is extremely nice and very caring to the person who lives there. Everybody that works there knows almost every resident by name. They get them involved in all the activities. They also do outings and take residents to places. They do the laundry and do other extras and don't charge for it. They have a chef that cooks their food. There are three dining rooms. You can eat anytime you want. There's another dining room for people who are handicapped that needs some assistance with eating. However, they could improve on the price. It's too high. But it's very competitive. My uncle would be a resident there soon, as well as one of my neighbors.

September 20, 2012

By Transit5495

This is a very nice facility. The grounds are well maintained. The appearance is classy. It's rather expensive-$2200 a month, The dining room is very elegant. The staff I think is short on training. Especially in the dining room. The food is adequate. I've eaten there many times and have enjoyed it. They offer a variety of entertainment. Usually a Sunday singer/guitar player. Games and activities are posted daily. The calendar of events is a little complicated, especially for those that are not as sharp as they used to be. The apartment/rooms are spacious and comfortable. It could use new carpeting in the hallways.

Thank you for your review of Atria Windsor Woods. I'm so glad that you have enjoyed your visits at our community, and I would love to speak with you more about your experiences with our staff. If you are willing, please contact us at customerservice@atriaseniorliving.com to set up a time to talk (be sure to include the community name in the subject line). We truly appreciate your feedback.

June 14, 2012

By orestis_amy@yahoo.com

Atria Senior Living in my own opinion was a very neat, clean, and organized assisted living facility. The staff was very courteous to my mother's needs. The facility has two or three very spacious dining rooms, where the breakfast, lunch and dinner was impeccable. They also had gorgeous banquet rooms where a family could go and eat together. The amenities at Atria included, game rooms, a swimming pool, a fitness area, and they also had activities planned throughout the week for the residents, such as a scrapbooking club. The rooms were very spacious and well maintained. The grounds around the facility were kept up to par and looked exquisite. There was an ample amount of parking and it was not far from the buildings. Overall, I was very happy with the service this facility provided to my mother. My experience with Atria was good and I would recommend it to other people.

June 11, 2012

By Warewolveswin

I visited recently and found the facility to be extremely well kept and the staff to be very helpful and cheery. The whole atmosphere of the place is very nice and the layout is easy to get around. They have a pool and exercise facility for residents and guests, 4 star dining, and a shuttle service that takes residents to do shopping at any of the local stores.They even have special trips available to take residents to different parks and beaches and other local attractions.There are so many things available to do every day that even i wouldnt mind living there, especially since most things are taken care of.Food is top class and you can order things that arnt even on the menu as long as it is reasonable and they have it in the pantry.As far as other activities they have different computer lounges and classes to help learn how to use them so as to keep up with the times, and they have all sorts of different card clubs, like canasta and bridge and euyker.I would definitely recommend this facility to anyone looking for a great place to have their relatives live with assistance and still feel like they have freedom.The biggest perk of the facility is the fact that they allow patrons to retain ownership of a car as long as they show competence driving and no issues getting around.

November 28, 2011

By virtual reader

This facility made me think of a large ranch when I first pulled into the parking lot. I did notice that there was ample parking for staff and visitors. As I walked into Atria Windsor Woods I noticed immediately that the majority of residents were female and after walking through and talking with many of the fine residents I also found that the facility has the Red Hat Society members and meetings. The facility offers several types of apartments, whether you want a studio or larger, it is offered. I also noticed that several of the residents have their pets residing with them. I arrived between breakfast and lunch so didn't get a chance to sample their food, but I noticed that the dinning room was a restaurant style dinning room so that the residents can pick and choose what they would like to eat. I did ask some of the residents how the food was and all replied it was delicious. Atria Windsor Woods has a large activities department and I noticed there is a calendar posted stating the different activities offered on the days of the month. I did not see any days left blank. One of the amenities that I did notice was they offer a 24 hour café that is always staffed and offers beverages and light snacks. I did notice a number of residents gathered around the café. If a resident does not want to sit inside or partake of any activities offered for that day, they can walk around the 10 acres that is like walking through a nature trail. A safety feature I noticed is all rooms and apartments offer a call system for emergencies

November 07, 2011

By tampabayCNA

Altria Windsor Woods , not far from US Hwy 19, is easily accessible. The building is set back on a narrow road quite a bit from the main stretch. Once entering the building the first thing you come across is the "welcoming desk" . Taking note of the deep rich colors in this building, the décor is far from the "key west" color scheme. One you pass the front desk, you enter a hallway that seems to go on for a while. The pivoting point where you can only go right is announced by a dinning room that is delightfully decorated. Waitresses and waiters take your order and cocktails are served in what appears to be full service dinning. Each apartment is reasonable in size and clean in appearance. Each apartment seems to be fully functional. The two things about this building that I personally did not like was the fact that it seems to wind around and dead end and such that I myself got lost twice. Elevators to the second floor are scarce and not easily accessible. There is one elevator near the dinning area and one way far away. I had asked where a room was on the second floor and the staff could not give me clear indication of how to get there, and to me that was concerning. If you like the idea of living in an apartment like setting that has a full dinning experience daily and physically no challenges on being ambulatory "¦ this ALF is perfect. I did see several staff workers working diligently and they were very courteous to their residents.

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback about your experience at Atria Windsor Woods. While it sounds like you were pleased with our community in general, I would like to offer additional details about the layout of our building. Our elevators are balanced throughout the building so that residents don't have to walk to one single area to use them. An initial visit could be confusing until you become accustomed to the various areas, but rest assured that residents don't generally have difficulty getting to and from their destinations.

If you have any suggestions for our community, we would love to connect with you. Just email us at customerservice@atriaseniorliving.com and be sure to include the community name in your subject line. We also welcome you to stop by for another visit any time.

Independent Living Reviews for Atria Windsor Woods

February 25, 2019

By Wendy

My mother moved into Atria Windsor Woods last December 31st, and we’re very happy with it. Everyone is exceptionally friendly, very eager to help, do what needs to be done, and the place is very well kept. The month she’s been here, they’ve refilled the parking lot and painted on entrance ways, there’s always things going on, and it has a very positive feel when you walk in. My mother has a 1-bedroom apartment, it has a screened-in balcony, and a full kitchen. It’s nice, but it’s just that you got it downsize quite a bit. Dining was excellent, it was important to us that they had flexible dining, because she’s not able to maintain a schedule. The balcony and dining were important factors , but the dining was the most important factor. She can go down up until 5:30 pm when it closes, there’s a lot of flexibility in the dining choices, and there’s a standard you can get any time, like egg salad, BLT, or burgers, if you go in the off-hours, like she does. The food is excellent, and socialization, being dressed and going down to dinner is a very big positive improvement in her life.

March 21, 2018

By Gary

Atria Windsor Woods and its staff were very good. My mom will be moving in next week.

November 29, 2017

By SK

Atria Windsor Woods was a good place, and the staff was very nice. It had everything I wanted but it all came down to the price, so I chose another place.

November 03, 2017

By Kelly

Everything at Atria Windsor Woods was fine. The only thing we didn't like was that the rooms were smaller than we would have liked. However, the staff was very accommodating and helpful.

July 17, 2017

By Ellen

I visited Atria for my brother, and it was very nice and very clean. The staff was very friendly and very caring. The director was wonderful, very helpful, and accommodating. They had a one-bedroom and two-bedroom that were not very large but were very clean and very nice. Everyone had a balcony or porch. They allowed pets and had a very nice dining room. They had two or three places where people can eat.

May 24, 2015

By Anna28

Atria Windsor Woods was lovely. We had lunch there, and the menu was very nice. The people were very friendly. It was very clean. They had their own beauty shop on the premises, a library, scheduled outings, and someone to take you if you had to go to a doctor. The people who greeted us and showed us around were lovely, and we met the chef. We were very pleased with the place, and we would've liked to live in a place like that. We just can't afford it.

Costs for Atria Windsor Woods

• Licenses: 7242
  • State Licenses: ALF AL7242

• Get Costs

About Atria Windsor Woods

Atria Windsor Woods is a warm independent and assisted living community that offers seniors all the comforts of home. Look forward to a fulfilling day with social opportunities, activities, educational programs and wellness events. Take a morning swim in our pool or enjoy a short walk outside; we offer countless opportunities to make the most of retirement living. We are located on 10 acres in Hudson, Florida, a suburb of Tampa, FL. Creating an environment of trust and companionship, Atria Windsor Woods provides the ultimate senior living experience, with delicious dining, dynamic calendars with more than 200 monthly events, and the freedom to choose which opportunities to explore next.

Atria Senior Living is a leading operator of independent living, assisted living, supportive living and memory care communities in more than 200 locations in 28 states and seven Canadian provinces. We are the residence of choice for more than 20,000 seniors, and the workplace of choice for more than 12,000 employees. We create vibrant communities where older adults can thrive and participate, know that their contributions are valued, and enjoy access to opportunities and support that help them keep making a positive difference in our world.

Map of Atria Windsor Woods