The Peninsula Pembroke Park, FL

Reviews of The Peninsula

Assisted Living Reviews for The Peninsula

September 11, 2018

By C.A.

My visit to The Peninsula was fine. The rooms were not bad, but they didn't have porches, which was what I was looking for. The staff seemed very friendly and helpful.

November 06, 2017

By Dlan55

The place is very pretty. I believe they recently renovated and I was surprised at how nice everything looked and how clean it was. The residents there were enjoying a nice musical activity when I toured and overall everyone seemed friendly. I am definitely considering this place for my mother. Out of all of the places I visited, this one by far was the best!

Thank you, we look forward to hopefully having mom join our Peninsula Family. Please feel free to reach out to me with any additional questions or concerns.

April 14, 2017

By Jennifer842805

I love the Peninsula, and I thought they can handle my husband. He was very aggressive when he got there and was behaving very badly, but I think it was not their fault. They are very good. They are serving 3 meals a day, and they have activities during the day like bowling, dominoes, and cards.

February 25, 2016

By Monica....a grateful daughter

My mother was a resident of this fine facility, both in assisted living and dementia care for 14 months. I would rate the Peninsula 100****'s for their delightful ambience, delectable cuisine, and, of course the competent, caring, compassionate administration and staff. Thank you all! If in need of an excellent venue for a loved one, The Peninsula should be at the top of your list!

February 23, 2016

By Gloria120291750

I liked the Peninsula a lot, but they only had studio apartments available. I thought it was a great place, and I was impressed. We met with the head chef there, and their dining area was very good. The staff was very friendly.

January 25, 2016

By Heidi15

I liked The Peninsula. I really loved it. It was very neat and clean, and the people were very nice and polite. The people working there were very good people. I liked them. Overall, I liked the place.

October 30, 2015

By Nadia3

The Peninsula is lovely and really nice. They have activities, though I think my mom wants more activities because it’s geared toward continuing care. They are nice to her, and the meals are good. She’s made friends there; she was pretty much just sitting in home by herself before. They take the residents shopping and out to dinner. They have nice things for them to do and don’t overstress them. She is not alone, which is really the key, because when she was living with me, she was home alone as I and my cousin worked. She had a couple of falls that she didn’t tell us about. It seems clean and nice. They all seem nice and caring, too. I had dinner there with her, and they are very accommodating. She likes the studio, and she has one of the biggest ones with which she is very happy. Because she is in a studio downstairs, she actually gets up as opposed to just staying in her bedroom.

June 18, 2015

By Dolores16

I thought The Peninsula was nice; the rooms were nice, and the food was good. They had a lot of activity; it is more open, more like going into a hotel. I wasn’t too happy with the actual care unit for the memory loss.

April 21, 2015

By Lori6276

My mom was a resident at this community for 5 years, it was as happy as it could be for her. During her last days the staff bent over backwards to accommodate her, they also have hospice on site which also aided with her condition. I couldn't have asked for more. She made so many friends and they had a little ceremony at the community after she passed. I would highly recommend this community to any family!!

January 14, 2015

By Linda97950250

I am searching a facility for my aunt. I really liked The Peninsula, but the only issue that I had with it was that it is too far for me. I wanted something closer to where her sister and other parts of the family can visit. It is nice though, and I liked it. I would have wanted her to see it. I like the fact that they have a cafeteria, where she can pick out her meal through the menu up on the board and a movie room. I also like that the people were out and about and were not confined to a room. They could come and go freely and were treated like any regular people to me, and I liked that. The ones I saw seemed to be happy. They were laughing, socializing, and playing cards. They were doing everything. It has pretty much everything she will need. But we are concerned with the location because we don't want her to be somewhere people cannot go and see her. I'll recommend this to my aunt.

December 09, 2014

I like the environment of The Peninsula; that is why I chose this facility for myself. I like the welcoming that I received. I like their rooms too. They did show me three rooms, and one of them I adored. I also like its location because I have lived in this neighborhood for 40 years.

October 06, 2014

The Peninsula was very good. They were very good people. They’re very friendly, too. The rooms are big and very nice. They have exercise, games, music, basically everything.

March 26, 2014

By Herbert3

The impression I got when I had a visit at The Peninsula was very cold and so I wasn’t impressed with the facility. I had lunch there and the food was good. The staff were professional, courteous, and kind, but I just didn’t feel that I belong there.

August 27, 2013

By Linda67528250

My mother is a current resident of The Peninsula. It is smaller than some we have looked at but this one appealed to her in that it is not overwhelming for her. We put her there primarily because she has macular degeneration and secondly because she has dementia. She can no longer live by herself because she is almost blind. There is also a likelihood that she is going to get Alzheimer's. Fortunately, this place would make it possible for her to advance to their Alzheimer's unit. The facility was once a hospital converted to an assisted living facility. However, it is clean and immaculate. It doesn't smell like urine. Their lobby is just gorgeous. They do have areas for activities where there have their card tables, TV, etc., but no one uses these areas. They also have a little gazebo area but nobody goes there. All of their residents just sit on park benches in front and stare out at people as they come in. It is the most depressing and heartbreaking sight in the world. The staff is so friendly. At one time, they helped defrost my mom's small refrigerator, so when a friend of mine and I stopped over for a visit, there was no ice. One of the attendants offered to get us some and two minutes later, she came back with three Styrofoam glasses full of ice for us. That's their attitude all the time, not just to their patients, but even to us visitors as well. Food is excellent in The Peninsula. The chef that they have even caters to the residents' preferences and needs. When he found that my mother's last name was German, he had put some German dishes on the menu and that is so sweet. They have three meals a day and they do happy hours with cheese and crackers twice a week. They have popcorns with the movies. They have ice cream social once a week. There is always food. I appreciate that.

July 25, 2013

By Frank13

The people at The Peninsula are very nice. My parents are there and they got two rooms. The facility is nice. The only thing is that the hours that they eat are very early and I think that's probably the hardest thing that they would get accustomed to.

Memory Care Reviews for The Peninsula

• Pharma

• Activities Extra: Computer Class

• State Licenses: AL9196

About The Peninsula

The Peninsula, offering luxurious accommodations in south Florida, is your answer to an elegant yet affordable senior living community in Hollywood, FL located at the southern end of Broward County. As you enter the breathtaking community, you will feel like you are in a great resort hotel. From the spectacular marbled lobby to the grand dining room and theater, The Peninsula has it all. But don't let the elegant decor fool you. The residents will be the first to say that the community represents a true Hollywood senior living lifestyle with comfort throughout.

At The Peninsula, hospitality is the primary focus of all employees. Team members, many of whom have been with the community for over 10 years, cater to each resident's individual needs making gracious service a way of life.

Memory Care:

Moments In Time Montessori-Based Dementia Program ® Our unique program encourages residents to thrive in a positive environment, enjoy meaningful life engagement, and continue in their social role. It allows residents to be

• as independent as possible
  • able to make choices
  • treated with respect and dignity

What We Offer:

• 24 hour access to trained caring associates
  • Restaurant-style dining
  • Linen and housing services
  • Emergency response system
  • Diverse activities program designed to enhance daily living
  • Scheduled transportation to shopping, medical appointments and other outings
  • Medical appointment scheduling
  • Utilities are included - telephone and extended cable television service is optional
  • Climate controlled air conditioning and heating
  • Spacious bathrooms and kitchenettes
  • Common areas and suites with beautiful views and manicured landscaping for your enjoyment
  • Supervision with activities of daily living
  • Supervision of self administration of medications
  • Independence and security

Situated on the Florida Peninsula where the cities of Hollywood, Hallandale and Pembroke Park meet, our assisted living and secured memory support residence is just minutes from I-95, the Florida Turnpike and yes, the beautiful sandy white beaches!

Map of The Peninsula