Woodlands Care Center of Alachua County

Reviews of Woodlands Care Center of Alachua County

Nursing Home Reviews for Woodlands Care Center of Alachua County

October 16, 2014

By TWD

If you care for your family member then don't leave them there. Terrible care. Our father suffered a stroke and was transferred to Woodlands for rehab. He needed assistance with eating, transferring, grooming, etc after the stroke. Their idea of assistance was heavy sedation and leaving the food on this bedside table. There was no assistance with grooming, eating, brushing teeth, etc. After 2 months he developed decubitis ulcers, a UTI and pneumonia. He was admitted to a hospital with a UTI, pneumonia, dehydration, severely malnourished and died several days later. Horrible facility.

June 28, 2014

By MaryLouConcernedMom

Other

My daughter was admitted here after a knee replacement. The staff who wheeled her in had no knowledge of joint replacement protocol. They dumped her in her room and no one checked on her till I made a stink. They did not have her meds. They could not provide a clear answer as to when they would have her meds. The nurses were surly and non responsive. There was NO TV in her room. But the worst part was laving to listen to the other patients calling for help over and over and being ignored. They had a really LOUD tv at the nurses station, I guess to make it easier to ignore the patients. Overall horrible experience and I checked her out of there after five hours.

September 24, 2013

Woodlands Care Center was recommended to us. I like the rooms, they were spacious. I think the staff was acceptably helpful. It would have been a fine facility but I was put off by the hospital atmosphere that they have.

September 05, 2013

By reesa

this has to be one of the worse facilities i have seen. the night staff let my husband fall when he needed to use the restroom and he ended up with trauma to his rib cage. two days later the director told him that if he did not particapate in his re-hab they would have to let him go as a patient. After two days he was brought to the hospital where they confirmed there was trauma to the ribs, he had a lot of pain. after an extended stay at the hospital, i brought my husband home. would not leave my dog there

About Woodlands Care Center of Alachua County

Woodlands Care Center of Alachua County is a senior living provider in Gainesville, Florida that offers residents Nursing Homes. Contact Woodlands Care Center of Alachua County for more details on services and rates.

Map of Woodlands Care Center of Alachua County