The Atrium at Gainesville

Offers Independent Living

2431 NW 41st St, Gainesville, FL 32606
The Atrium at Gainesville (800) 385-2527
PROMOTION! 29 days

Move-in by March 31st and receive $500 off your first 3 months. Applies to April, May, and June rent. Ask for details when you tour.

Reviews of The Atrium at Gainesville

Independent Living Reviews for The Atrium at Gainesville

April 25, 2019

By driversp

AARP meeting 4/24/19. Put in pool house. Dirty, bathroom dirty and one toilet not working. Facility not being maintained. Not a very good example of a place where I would want to live.

Hello, we are sad you did not enjoy the meeting space at Atrium at Gainesville. The restroom was in the middle of getting fixed when the space was being used, but is in full working order now. If you have additional comments please reach out to us.

November 24, 2018

By Jean

The Atrium at Gainesville was very nice and everyone there seemed happy. There were a lot of people outside and down in the halls, instead of hiding in their apartments. It was clean, nice to look at, and very inviting. The apartment that they showed us was very nice. It's a place I could live in if I needed to. The one staff member that I saw was very nice and helpful, and answered all the questions that we had. All I know about their services is what they say they have. Everything sounded excellent.

July 06, 2018

By Caring daughter

Place was very clean and residents seemed very happy. Staff was awesome with our tour and answered all questions promptly. Our mom is not quite ready to give up her home, but we will try to get her to be a resident of this facility when she is.

Hi there! Thank you for choosing to visit us at Atrium at Gainesville and for taking the time to leave us a review. If you or your mom ever have any questions, please reach out to us. We are always happy to help. We hope to call your mom a resident one day!

June 29, 2018

By Doris

I loved The Atrium at Gainesville. It offered everything. The food was great. There were plenty of activities for the residents. Everyone there appeared to be happy. The grounds were beautiful. Everything was very nice. The apartment we saw was beautiful, very clean, and had a very nice layout. I would definitely recommend it.

Hello Doris, we are glad to hear you enjoyed your visit to Atrium at Gainesville and want to thank you for the 5 star review. If you have any further questions, please give us a call. We're always happy to help!

October 14, 2017

By Bonnielouwas at the zoo

I agree with Fredsmom. Once the 6 months is up, rent is raised , You will end up paying 500-600 PER WEEK. Rent is Over 2,000 month No one around at night. Elevators are small, SLOW, broken. Always putting notes on your door asking for Christmas money. With the amount you pay, you DO NOT get back the value. People knocking on door, staff comes in with key any time. View the back parking lots.. FOOD, no words on that mess. No words. If they know you coming to look, they do a stage, a show. Really think about it before going here.

Hello, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We generally have yearly rate increases to accommodate for inflation and to ensure we are hiring the best staff for our communities, all of which is communicated before a lease is signed. As an independent living community, we are not required to have 24/7 staff on premises. If you would like to discuss your concerns further, please feel free to reach out to the local team. Thank you

August 31, 2017

By Fredsmom

Place is a disaster waiting to happen. No manager or maintenance on premises at night. So many what ifs? These seniors would be at a loss. What if a fire? Those that could even hear the fire alarm would have no one there to direct them on what to do. Food is horrible. Presentation is unflattering and everything is prepared with tons of onions and peppers! Do not recommend for anyone!!

Hi Fredsmom, my name is Katie, I work for Holiday, and I'd like to thank you for reaching out and sharing this feedback with us. While I am very sorry to hear these comments and reflections of your experience, I am so happy you took the time to provide us this feedback. We want to make Atrium at Gainesville the best possible place to live for our residents, and can not do that with open and honest feedback. I'd like you to know I am taking these comments to the appropriate parties and sharing with them; but please, if you have additional feedback, we would really like to hear from you. Again, thank you so much, Fredsmom for reaching out and sharing this with us. We hope you have a wonderful rest of your day, and to hear from you again very soon. --Katie

April 12, 2017

By RDT

The Atrium at Gainesville was a Holiday property that was a lot older, big, and nice. They had a swimming pool and large rooms. The cabinets were a little bit dated, but they had a lot of storage in the rooms. The residents were coming and going and seemed to be very independent and very happy. Physicians can come in, like a toe doctor comes in every two weeks, which is great; a urologist comes in once a quarter, and a heart doctor comes in once a month. They had a special room for the physicians with a desk, a table, and an exam table. You could also get a ride to your own doctor.

March 14, 2017

By Catherine728206

The Atrium at Gainesville was a beautiful place, and we liked it. If my other sister and I needed a place, we would like to go there. It was clean, light, and airy. The people were really nice. The apartments that I saw were very nice and clean. We were able to try their food, and I was impressed with the different choices and balanced diets.

March 07, 2017

By Sandra207047

I really liked The Atrium at Gainesville, but my mother-in-law needed more care than they were prepared to give. They had activities like bingo and musicians. They also had an exercise room and a little store that was open for limited hours where you could get things like toothpaste and candy. I felt that the residents were very happy there. They seemed to be friendly and out and about, not stuck in the rooms, and the staff members we met were very nice. We had a good lunch there.

February 15, 2017

By happylou

Not all that,- needs lots care.. Food is really in poor taste and quality. Rent goes up ALWAYS. Back parking lot is dirty, Elevators smell's and very small, elevators OFTEN do not work, No manger on site after hours, no security. Could do a lot better for the amount of rent.

January 07, 2017

By Patricia207053

The Atrium at Gainesville is upbeat, and I think that’s what my parents need right now. It was real friendly, and everybody was excited to be there. They had lots of things to do. Every time I went there, the old folks were doing a lot of stuff and having a great time. The staff that I saw and talked to while I was there was wonderful. We went with a 2-bedroom, 2-bathroom, and it was newly painted, very clean, and had fresh carpet. We couldn’t have asked for a better 2-bedroom, 2-bath for my parents. I’m only 15 minutes away. If there’s a problem, I’m very close by. They did show me the menus, and they looked very good.

January 03, 2017

By sandoerr46

The Atrium at Gainesville's apartments were very nice. They probably had the most outdoor activities of any of the communities I’ve been to. They took a group of us on a tour and ended the tour with lunch, so they kept the dining room open for us when everybody else had eaten and gone to other activities. It was a nice size and very well appointed. The food was good, and service was very fast. There were only 17 of us, so we almost had a waiter each. They had a good variety with everything from salad to pasta and shrimp and anything in between.

December 28, 2016

By Carole080476

I liked the Atrium at Gainesville. The staff was wonderful, very caring, and very professional. It was a great location to get to and from. The community was very nice, and the food was great. For the age group that they were dealing with, the activities were adequate. There didn’t seem to be any actual physical activities other than the swimming pool, so there might be some needs for some additional physical activities.

October 27, 2016

By Thomas416561

The Atrium at Gainesville was very nice and very clean. I had lunch; the food was very good. The dining area was very nice, and the staff was very friendly. The apartments were nice, but they were a little small.

October 13, 2016

By Randy321747

We visited The Atrium at Gainesville, and it was very nice. It was great. The staff was very friendly, the rooms were nice, and it was reasonable, but the only thing is, all of Mom’s doctors are in Jacksonville, so she would have to change all her physicians to go to Gainesville. I really don’t want to do that. Nevertheless, I told my sister I wouldn’t mind living there. They had lot of activities going on while we were there, and they even invited us for lunch. The cafeteria was nice, the room was very nice, and they had elevators. It was like a condominium-type thing. The Atrium at Gainesville was very nice.

September 06, 2016

By Jack843501

Atrium at Gainesville was okay and average. The person there from marketing showed us around, and everything went smoothly. The pricing was reasonable. The rooms were adequate. This place is well worth a look.

September 03, 2016

By David603520

We're at the Atrium at Gainesville, and we moved in last March. We have a two-bedroom unit with two bathrooms, huge walk-in closets, and a walk-in shower. Cable, phone service, electricity, and water are provided. We get three meals a day, and the food is pretty good. The chef is Puerto Rican, so you have to acquire a taste for a lot of pork and chicken. There are very few red meat items. They could improve on having a more diversified menu. There is an exercise room and a huge library. They have an activities board; you couldn't do all the activities in a month if you tried.

August 17, 2016

By Tri053566

Atrium is excellent. I didn't have complaints at all. The rooms were very roomy and included a bathroom. The salesperson was very nice. They had the best value compared to other facilities. The location was good and very convenient.

February 26, 2016

By William120927750

My brother is happy with Atrium, it’s clean, and the staff is good. The food is good and my brother liked it.

February 24, 2016

By Connie120280850

The last place we visited was The Atrium at Gainesville, which is where my mother-in-law would stay for three months. They were the least expensive and willing to let her try to stay there for three months. They supply three meals a day. It’s a very clean place, but I think it was built back in the '80s, so it was kind of dated. The apartments were of a nice size, but the kitchens were old.

January 31, 2016

By Lee32

I visited Atrium and I thought it was really nice. The rooms were small, nice and comfortable. They had a little kitchenette. They had and exercise room. They had a day room where they played cards, a pool room and nice dining room.

January 13, 2016

By Darlene34

I had a friend who lived at The Atrium for a couple of years. It was a nice community with a lot of people. The staff seemed to be very caring. I didn’t spend extended time there, but I appreciated the fact that they tried to find interesting things for the residents to do and think about. My friend was in a small, private room that seemed to have all that she needed at the time. Overall, she found everyone there friendly, and she liked it while she was there.

December 30, 2015

By Manny2

We were impressed with the activities and the nice facilities at the Atrium of Gainesville. They have outside activities; they take you on a bus, and they take you to see different places. Everybody was very friendly.

September 14, 2015

By Missy B1

I visited The Atrium at Gainesville. It was absolutely gorgeous. The complex itself was beautiful. There was a little shopping there of toiletries and food. They had everything you could possibly need without leaving the grounds. I did have lunch there, and the food was delicious. The place was really great, but I did not choose it. For me, the unit was smaller. It was a one-bedroom, one-bath. You don't have a washer/dryer inside the unit.

August 27, 2015

By Mary112305850

We went to The Atrium at Gainesville ,and the place was very nice. The rooms were very nice, but it wasn’t for us. I would call it a retirement community more than an assisted living facility. The dining area was nice, but it was small. It just didn’t have a homey and comfortable feeling to it. They didn’t have the facilities that I had wanted for my husband; he has Alzheimer's.

Hi there, thank you for your review. While we may not have been the perfect fit for you at this time, we appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback. Thank you

July 12, 2015

My mom is at Atrium at Gainesville. We chose this place because it gave her more independence as she wanted that. They cook excellent meals. The apartments were very nice. They have call bells if anything happens. They have a plethora of activities. They have a swimming pool, and they do aquatic activities. They have entertainment. They also have buses, and they go to the malls in the area.

September 23, 2014

By Brenda46

We did find and put a deposit down in the Atrium today. My sister is not getting it until October 1st. It was affordable, and it looked nice. She's going to have a large studio apartment. The staff was nice and gave us all the information we needed. Meals are included. The food is very good. I like the location.

January 27, 2014

I was able to visit Atrium of Gainesville when I was looking for an assisted living facility for my mom. It's a nice facility and there was nothing I didn’t like about them. Their rooms are of nice size. The staff were really knowledgeable with regards to the facility. I am not really familiar with the names of the activities, but they do have several activities that is on their board that you can choose from.

August 26, 2013

By Robin13

My parents chose this place so we went there. The staff, food and rooms were fine. They're friendly. It was an open environment out in the common area. It was very nice and they have larger rooms available. My parents were very pleased with it. It's a pleasant place.

July 29, 2013

By Kristen7

My mother-in-law is really happy at Atrium Gainesville. We were surprised because of course nobody wants to move. She has a 1-bedroom apartment. She just needed having somebody cook her meals and knowing that somebody was around 24-hours a day in case she fell. But other than that, she doesn't need any assistance. It's really nice. If you don't want what's being served, there's enough variety from the menus, so you're not getting the same thing every day. However, their swimming pool is not really clean and their hot tub is so nasty. They use the swimming pool for exercise class. It should be cleaner. But that's the only thing. I've been really happy with it, so is my mother-in-law. We were concerned about her because she slowed down physically. But the physical therapy there is wonderful and that really improved her stamina.

Costs for The Atrium at Gainesville

Photos of The Atrium at Gainesville

Services and Amenities of The Atrium at Gainesville

• Fee Structure Extra: Included In Rent: Basic Cable, Electric, Sewer, Water

• Housing Extra: Individual Climate Control, Safety Rails In Bathroom, Telephone Hookup, Walk In Tub

• Dining Extra: Private Dining Room, Resident Kitchen

• Hiking Trails
  • Pool
  • Features Extra: Laundry Room For Use, Chapel, Library, Locked Mailboxes, Elevator, Hot Tub, Parking: Covered

• Technology Extra: Business Center, Wi Fi In Common Areas

• Activities Extra: Billiard Lounge, Clubhouse, Game Room, Activity Room

• Pets: Most Pets Allowed

About The Atrium at Gainesville

The Atrium at Gainesville is located in Gainesville, FL, providing a vibrant backdrop for your new life as a valued member of our caring community.

So come to The Atrium at Gainesville for a visit...and stay!

Map of The Atrium at Gainesville