The Meridian at Westwood

Assisted Living Reviews for The Meridian at Westwood

Independent Living Reviews for The Meridian at Westwood

December 07, 2016

By Sylvia836517

The Meridian was a much larger complex. It had more levels of care available. There was independent living, assisted living, and then a more of a nursing home type set-up. It was more like a high rise. I thought the rooms were nicer and possibly a little better maintained. We actually had food there; it was pretty good, and that was important for my mom. The man who ran their food services took us for a tour and treated us for lunch. He was very kind and did a really good job.

Thanks for the detailed review, Sylvia836517. We strive to provide excellent care and service to our residents and their families at The Meridian at Westwood. We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review!

September 14, 2016

By Mrs. K

The Meridian at Westwood was OK. It was an older building, which looked nice, and it was very big to include independent living and then ALF. They had a progressive ground floor, and they were remodeling the whole building. It will probably be a nice place to live. They were decent apartments; they were just too expensive for us. They were having cocktail hour when we were there.

Thank you for your review Mrs. K, we appreciate you taking the time. We are currently under renovations and very excited to have them completed. We are sorry to hear that you did not feel that our community was good fit. We have done a comprehensive senior living study and found that our rates are right in line with the competitors. In fact, we found that we are a better value with more programs and options. We thank you for your consideration.

June 10, 2016

By Carol162841

The tour at The Meridian was nice, but it should be coordinated. They invited us for lunch, and we went there, but the tour guide indicated that they were finishing lunch and didn’t even invite us or mention lunch. I thought the place was really good, and it would be the place I would choose when I’m ready to choose a place. It was nicely setup, had a variety of things for people to do, and had friendly people. The rooms appeared to be fine; we saw one fixed up for the next people, and it was of decent size.

Carol, thank you for leaving this detailed feedback about your experience with our community. We apologize for the miscommunication and would like to formally invite you back at your convenience to have lunch! Thank you for positive review, and again our apologies.

June 10, 2016

By Nancy160877

The Meridian at Westwood was very good, and the tour was very satisfying. The staff was very knowledgeable and seemed to be able to answer all of our questions without any problems. They had a library, a therapy room, a big area where people could eat, and a hairdresser. They had all kinds of activities listed that they could be part of as well as trips to go shopping or something like that. The lady that walked us around was more than helpful in showing us all of the social activities and recreations for the seniors. They had 24-hour staffing and always had a nurse on call.

Hi Nancy, thank you for leaving this detailed feedback about your experience with our community, The Meridian at Westwood. We appreciate the positive review and wanted to let you know that your opinion is very important to us. We always love to receive great feedback. Also, did you know we have a Facebook page and post weekly pictures of our residents and the interesting activities they are engaged in? (The link to the Facebook page is on our website). Thank you again for taking the time to leave us your positive review.

February 21, 2016

By Karen120371150

Westwood Retirement was laid out well. I just liked the layout; I liked the dining room, the activities, and the ability to get transported to things outside of the unit to do shopping, little excursions, and stuff like that. They have a pool and do pool exercises, table top bowling, exercises, Bible studies, and church and religion each Sunday. They check the rooms every 24 hours and have call chains and security. They have a lot of common areas for people to sit, an atrium, and social hours on Fridays. It just seemed homey. My mother lived there for four years before she passed, and she loved it there.

Karen, our condolences on the passing of your mother. Thank you for reaching out, your opinion is very important to us. We are proud of our community and the exceptional level of care we provide. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and positive review.

December 21, 2015

By Dixie8

We visited The Meridian. The staff was very pleasant. The dining room looked nice. It is more of a high-rise type than the other facility we saw. They have an outside pool and a heated pool. The atmosphere was very pleasant and very nice. The residents were very nice and friendly and seemed to be happy and pleased. They were like, "Come see our room," but we didn’t have time available to do that. The room that we were taken and shown was a display room and was very nice.

Thank you for your positive review Dixie! We appreciate it and we are very happy to see that all the residents are so happy here and willing to share their private rooms with you. We love it here too and have a variety of activities to suit many different levels of exercise abilities. With the pools so easily accessibly we are able to provide many types of water classes to help keep our residents fit and healthy. We thank you for coming in for a tour and hope that you keep us in mind when choosing a community. We would love to see you again!

December 17, 2015

By Thomas117007850

The Meridian at Westwood was excellent. I wouldn’t hesitate to live there. I’m very impressed with it and the people that worked there. The room was a bedroom, a sitting area, and a small kitchen. It was nice and very clean. The facility had a library. They have regularly scheduled activities for the people that live there and shuttle service. It was a very nice place, and the people seemed very happy. They have independent living, assisted living, and sort of like a nursing home. I was looking for independent living for my brother.

Thank you for your review. We are sorry that our community does not meet your needs. We hope that you find the community that best fits your brother?s needs and that you are both happy with the community you choose. We thank you for your consideration.

November 30, 2015

The Meridian at Westwood was awesome, but we could not afford it. It was a beautiful place. The staff was great, very friendly, interactive with people, and good. If I had the money, I would go there. It was top-notch.

Thank you for your positive review! We are very proud of our community and the level of care we provide. We have done a comprehensive study senior living having expensive, our rates are right in line with the competitors. In fact, we are a better value with more programs and options. Please feel free to reach out to us at the community at any time with any and all questions. We hope that you find the community that best fits your needs and that you are happy in the community you choose. We thank you for your consideration.

October 28, 2015

By estval

This is a great place to call home and i look forward to the future with all the great changes taking place!

October 28, 2015

By bucktari

Great facility! Walking distance to the medical center most of the doctors offices in Ft Walton. Very nice and professional staff. Great food and service. especially the Banana pudding!

January 18, 2015

By Karen96836650

Meridian Westwood was awesome. I would rate it as top-notch. They have housekeeping once a week, two meals a day, activities and socials, they provide transportation, and they do outings to different restaurants. They have assigned parking for residents that can drive. They have security guards that monitors who comes and goes. The room was perfect. My mom was in a 1-bedroom, with one bath and a living room. It was lovely, and it came with a little kitchen that had a stove and refrigerator. It's very clean. They keep it updated, and they vacuum it every day.

September 17, 2013

By Kent4

Westwood is larger and had more people and activities. My mom seemed happy when we visited the place so I decided to give it a try. They had very nice and caring staff. They got a lot of activities but my mother does bridge, and she works on puzzles. She also goes to physical therapy that is available on the premises.

September 13, 2013

By Rebecca2828

I live at Westwood Retirement Resort. I like this community because there's always something going on. The rooms are of various sizes and even though I live in a studio apartment I have more than I need. The staff are very helpful. It's the best one I've looked at.

April 17, 2012

By Clyde Cash

The Westwood Retirement Resort is the only retirement resort that I have ever been to and I have been there on two separate occasions. The first time that I went was when they were hosting a coin collector convention. I went to see if I could buy anything to add to my collection and to simply spend the day viewing other people's coins. The second time that I went they were having an arts and crafts show and I went with a friend to peruse the artwork on display. I found that on both occasions the lady working the front desk was nice and helped me find my way to the show. I also found that the folks living at the Westwood Retirement Resort were very friendly and were more than willing to discuss their art work. I think that the facility was clean and also that it has a very nice location. It is right next to the medical center, hospital and many doctors offices which makes visits to the doctor simple and hassle free. I liked the interior of the building and it had a nice atrium. If I had to make a complaint I would say that I think that the atrium should have more lighting but that is getting very picky. Overall, I give this facility a 4 out of 5 stars.

Nursing Home Reviews for The Meridian at Westwood

Questions about The Meridian at Westwood

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at The Meridian at Westwood. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

Our assisted living residents' median age is 85. Our residents are engaged in purposeful engaging activities throughout the day. We are a vibrant community with numerous social opportunities

What programs or activities does The Meridian at Westwood offer to enrich residents' well-being?

We offer a daily low impact exercise program. Our community has a large veteran population and are fortunate that many local organizations conduct meetings and events in our spacious community areas.

What places are near The Meridian at Westwood or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

We are located directly across the street from Ft Walton Beach Medical Center and next door to White Wilson Medical Clinic.

What transportation services does The Meridian at Westwood offer to assisted living residents?

We have scheduled transportation within the Ft Walton Beach area.

What makes the chef or dining program at The Meridian at Westwood exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

Chef Cecil offers daily numerous entrée choices

What safety features or security measures does The Meridian at Westwood offer to assisted living residents?

Pendent system

How does The Meridian at Westwood keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

Encouraging them to participate in all activities

What is the care staff-to-resident ratio at The Meridian at Westwood during daytime and nighttime hours?

We follow AHCA guidelines for care staff to resident ratio

If The Meridian at Westwood accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

Gladly accept pets. there are two dog run areas

What ongoing senior care training does the staff receive?

On going training

Describe the overall population of independent living residents at The Meridian at Westwood. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

Active engaging population. Median age is 80

What places are nearby for independent living residents to enjoy?

numerous restaurants and shopping centers

What are some recent off-site events that the community activity director at The Meridian at Westwood has organized?

Day trip to Atmore Al to the casino and dinner out

What transportation services does The Meridian at Westwood offer to independent living residents?

scheduled transportation

What makes the chef or dining program at The Meridian at Westwood exceptional? What kind of menu can independent living residents expect?

Numerous entrée choices daily

What common areas are available for independent living residents?

Atrium, Magnolia Room, Dining Room

What safety features or security measures does The Meridian at Westwood offer to independent living residents?

On site security

Pets are allowed in all areas except Food Service and Dining areas

Does The Meridian at Westwood work with an agency or registry to provide nursing and medical assistance as needed?

What safety features or security measures does The Meridian at Westwood provide to protect residents who wander?

On site security

Costs for The Meridian at Westwood

Cost of Nursing Home

Photos of The Meridian at Westwood

Services and Amenities of The Meridian at Westwood

• Nursing Home Starting At: $5000/month

• About The Meridian at Westwood

At Meridian at Westwood, you will enjoy an exclusive retirement lifestyle provided in stunning settings; a lifestyle rich in services, special amenities, breathtaking beauty and endless possibilities. Our luxury community features all of the comforts and conveniences needed to live a carefree lifestyle.

We're located just five minutes from beautiful white sand beaches and the Gulf of Mexico. Only ten minutes from Eglin Air Force Base our community is situated in the neighborhood with the Fort Walton Beach Medical Center, easily accessible to many professional services, shopping centers, a municipal golf course, tennis courts, the YMCA and churches.

Whether perfecting your stroke on the atrium's putting green, taking in a game of pool with friends, enjoying an impromptu concert around the baby grand piano or just enjoying the company of friends, The Meridian at Westwood has something for everyone. Our lush atrium is the center of resident activity as well as the scene of many local community and cultural events such as art shows, flower shows, concerts and bazaars.

Map of The Meridian at Westwood