Barkley Place Fort Myers, FL

Barkley Place (844) 334-3818

Reviews of Barkley Place

Assisted Living Reviews for Barkley Place

May 01, 2015

Barkley Place is OK. My parent likes it. The staff that I met has been very courteous and is concerned about the people that live there. She just moved in at the end of March. She says the food is good.

November 21, 2014

By Caring102061350

Of all the ones I’ve seen, the atmosphere at Barkley Place spoke to me as far as being friendly and comfortable and being close to a nice shopping area where you can go into church across. I just like the setup. I think people who miss the urban living and coming and going would like that place. The location and everything about it just is perfect. It is smaller and a little tighter. The apartments are really neat; that’s a big plus. The people are happy there. They drive you around. They have all these great activities and people of all ages.

September 29, 2014

By Kathleen40

Mother chose Barkley Place because it's basically a low building and she didn’t want a lot of elevators as she is visually impaired. They offer a very good value for the price. The people were very friendly. They have a very excellent cafeteria. We went there, and mom fell in love with it.

June 26, 2013

By caring9319

The staff at Barkley Place are capable and very caring. My father was in their independent living and decided to move in to the assisted living because it's a wonderful facility. They are also very attentive.

April 16, 2013

By Mary 2

We picked Barkley Place because of the location. It was near our house. The building was in good condition. We were satisfied with their apartments. The food was excellent. The staff seemed amenable and caring.

December 28, 2012

Barkley Place didn't seem very well maintained. They struck me as not being really friendly.

September 19, 2012

By istealusedspoons

I went to this facility a few months ago to visit my father, who is diabetic and had to move into an Assisted Living Facility to help regulate his insulin levels.Honestly I was impressed, and it takes a lot to impress me, before you even walk through the door, the facility looks, and feels upscale. The landscaping is fresh, and the palm trees definitely remind you, that you are in sunny Florida. They even have various plans for those who want an Independant Living apartment, and only need a little bit of help, like my Dad. He had a kitchen, bedroom, bathroom, living room, etc, all to himself. It felt more like an upscale apartment complex than a retirement home. There was a fitness center, dining room ( the food is actually really good!) Check it out, the staff is really friendly and knows most residents by name!

September 13, 2012

By asterope8

From the moment I walked in, I felt welcome. The receptionist knew exactly who my uncle was once I gave his name. She was very nice and even told me how wonderful my uncle is. As I waited for my other family members to arrive before going up to the room, I walked around the main building. It was great to see how clean their dining room was and how much of a variety the menu had. There was a library that was full of books, and an excersice room. Everything was very well organized and clean. Several of the employees approached me to make sure that I had been greeted and taken care of, which I found very considerate. Once my other family members arrived, one of the employees escorted us to the elevator. This employee was extremely nice and very pleasant to talk to. We finally arrived at my uncle's room and I was amazed. I was expecting the room to look like a typical shabby hotel room but, instead, it was very unique and he was able to decorate it just the way he wanted. Overall, I was very impressed not only with the facility, but with the employees as well.

August 21, 2012

By Janet B.1

When my friend and her family decided to move to Lee County in Florida, they asked me to visit some of the local assisted living facilities so I could recommend places that might suit her mother. Fortunately, I have a co-worker whose mother resides at Barkley Place so he and I visited together and had the opportunity to chat with his mother during our visit. I found the grounds and the common areas to be well-maintained and attractive. The staff was pleasant and friendly. Both my co-worker and his mother sang the praises of the staff and how responsive they are to the needs of residents' and to questions or concerns of family members. We ate lunch in the dining room and the food was delicious -- far surpassing my expectations. My co-worker's mother admitted that she had been concerned about being lonely or bored when she moved out of her condo and into Barkley Place, but she actually has more friends and participates in more activities than when she lived alone. She plays bingo with the other residents, goes on outings, and even participates in a weekly card game with some other residents. Her apartment is more than ample for her needs and she could not be happier. I was pleased to be able to recommend Barkley Place to my friend and she is going to check it out in a few weeks. I believe this would be an ideal facility if you are looking for a place for a family member.

July 05, 2012

By SMFisher

Each visit to Barkley Place is enjoyable. I have not experienced anything negative. The staff is very helpful in making sure the residents have everything they need. Anytime a problem has come up they are quick to inform us and are happy to help resolve the situation. The grounds are always clean and smell fresh. I am happy knowing that my friend is taken care of in the way she deserves.

April 11, 2012

By commercesd

We were delighted to visit the Barkley Place while in the vicinity - visiting assisted living facilities in the area for my friend's mother. First we toured the grounds, which were lovely, with flowers and shrubs everywhere and nice seating areas. The outside area was ample, with plenty of seating areas to enjoy. My friend's mother really likes living next to a park, so this would make her very happy. The staff was very friendly and all seemed to really like their jobs. The main living areas were fresh, clean and sunny with a homey, yet contemporary décor. The variety of activities offered was impressive. Just about any hobby you might have can be accommodated - and more. The staff goes out of its way to suggest stimulating things to do - from gardening, to reading, playing games and fun outings in the community. We had lunch while there which was really delicious. We ordered form a menu as the residents would - so we were really impressed with the selections. The rooms we viewed were all very clean, well-kept and inviting - kind of resembling what you might find at a hotel that rents out small apartments - but a bit more personal. The library had a large book selection - much of which was loaned from the local library. There was gym equipment and an exercise room that also offers a variety of classes to choose from. The seniors here really enjoy living here - that was plain to see. The staff is kind, caring and very attentive to all of their needs, whatever they happen to be.

Independent Living Reviews for Barkley Place

October 17, 2014

Barkley Place is in a excellent location, right in my neighborhood. It’s a three-story facility which is kept very tidy. Security and safety is excellent. They have extremely large rooms, and they’re very lovely. The food is terrific and the best I’ve tasted so far. They’ve got tons of activities both internally and externally.

July 25, 2014

By Karen89624750

My mother chose to stay with her sister, and they moved into an independent/assisted living called Barkley Place. It was and continues to be a very friendly place. The staff could not be any friendlier, from the people at the front desk to the maintenance crew. Very welcoming, lots of activities. They put them in touch with a couple to help welcome them, and have them adjust to that facility. The room is an apartment. When you move into the apartment, they completely paint it and re-carpet it. Very nice. They do have assisted living there, but they did not need that, so they're in the independent-living side. They have trips everyday to various places like wal-mart, the bank, the grocery store, doctor appointments, you name it, they go there. This afternoon, they were just going for a scenic drive.

November 20, 2013

By Suzy6

My grandmother is in Barkley Place right now. I have come across this one when somebody told me about it. Also there aren't a lot of places that have independent/assisted living here. I like this one because there's actually somebody there to watch over her if something were to happen rather than be in an apartment on her own. There is somebody that come in and check on her once a day. She also gets two meals a day. I really like Barkley Place.

April 30, 2013

By Barbara28

My aunt thought Barkley Place had the most personal touch. I like the fact that she was going to have an ambassador assigned to her when she move in. So that she will have someone to show her the ropes and get her to her room. That was important to her as well. They probably had the largest room from all of the independent living facilities that we looked at. They've been very accommodating and helpful with the questions we have, and the process has been very nice

October 13, 2011

By Bella M.

The mother of one of my close friends is a resident at Barkley Place in Fort Myers. I have visited her there a number of times both with my friend and also by myself. I have always found the staff members to be pleasant, knowledgeable, helpful and caring both in response to questions that my friend or I have asked as well as when interacting with the residents. My friend's mother likes Barkley Place very much. She has made many friends among the other residents there. She always has someone that she can share a meal with or play cards or bingo with. Whenever I speak with her, she is eager to share news about her friends at Barkley Place, such as who has a new grandchild or who is a sore loser at cards. Although she was originally reluctant to move out of the condominium where she had been living before Barkley Place, I can tell that she has no regrets about the move now that she has adjusted to her new home. I also know that my friend, who had agonized for weeks over the decision she made in helping to choose the right assisted living facility for her mother, is very happy with Barkley Place as well. If you are looking for an assisted living facility for a friend or family member, I recommend that you visit Barkley Place and see whether it is just what you might be looking for.

Services and Amenities of Barkley Place

About Barkley Place

Barkley Place is a senior living provider in Fort Myers, Florida that offers residents Assisted Living and Independent Living. Contact Barkley Place for more details on services and rates.

Map of Barkley Place