Harbor House of Ocala

Reviews of Harbor House of Ocala

Assisted Living Reviews for Harbor House of Ocala

June 07, 2015

By Moryha

My aunt is in Harbor House at Ocala. We are pleased with the care, and she is very happy to be there. She is in a shared room. She has a roommate, and they get along beautifully. The staff is very generous with their time, and everybody has a smile on their face. The surroundings are beautiful. It is really lovely.

March 27, 2015

By teriguet06

My mother was at Harbor House. She had been there for almost three years. The place was totally understaffed. The rooms were adequate. They were not really small, but they were good size. They had twin sized bed, a small dresser, a reclining chair, and a TV stand. The rooms were OK. I have tried their food, but I don't care for it. Everything tasted like it was fried or had too much salt. For activities, they got a little bit of everything. They had crafts and bingo. They had various activities. They could improve on by getting somebody to be manager of the place, to get the help moving. I think the staff -- with the exception of maybe two that I can think of -- never worked in a nursing home or assisted living place in their lives. I do not think they pay enough attention to the residents

November 07, 2014

By Nancy75805150

Harbor House had the assisted living only and the memory-care only facilities interconnected. Someone could go to the other if needed. They were very comparable one to the other; I would include them really as one. Later after we were there, the person who was a coordinator of all three of them called my friend back, and he said that she was very helpful and he really appreciated her call; he was very impressed by that person. The one that was in-charge of Harbor House took us through their area, and she was also very helpful. I think that was mostly for assisted living. It had the usual security that a nursing home has in terms of someone right by the door. There were two different ladies that took us around. We talked in the office with the person who was in charge of that facility -- I am not sure what her title is -- and she gave us basic information about their facility. I think it was one of the other people that actually took us around in the building, and she was very helpful to show us what the rooms looked like and what the dining room looked like. The rooms were fine -- a little smaller, but adequate.

August 29, 2013

By Ken10

My mother is in The Harbor House of OCALA and what we really liked about it is that it is not like the other assisted living facilities. The door is never locked. She has an apartment with a door to the outside. So, she can come and go as she pleases. The services have been outstanding so far. We have no complaints at all. They are quick to respond when there is a problem. They are very friendly. They treat all the residents as renters and not as patients. They have lots of activities, but my mom is interested with religious activities only.

August 19, 2013

By Nancy55569050

The Harbor House at Ocala was very clean. The staff was very nice and very aware on what's going on. The lady that I talked to seemed to have knowledge on everything. But they only offered three levels of care and their third level of care that he would have been, I just didn't think that it was the vision for what he needed. I thought he needed more monitoring than what they were offering. I just didn't think that it was quite well for what my father needed.

Independent Living Reviews for Harbor House of Ocala

• Features Extra: Library

• Licenses: Assisted Living License
  • State Licenses: AL8142

About Harbor House of Ocala

Harbor House of Ocala offers spacious private and semi-private apartments for an inclusive monthly rate. Our professional team of care managers ensures excellent care and services. Harbor House’ staff help residents with activities of daily living such as bathing, grooming, dressing, taking medications and making sure they eat well.

Throughout the day, care managers offer residents three chef-prepared meals daily, social activities and outings, chauffeured transportation and a personalized care and activities plan that suit residents’ abilities and needs.

ASSISTED LIVING IN OCALA, DUNNELLON

Harbor House of Ocala offers an all-inclusive monthly rate. Our professional team of care managers ensures excellent care and services while helping residents with activities of daily living: such as bathing, grooming, dressing, taking medications and making sure they eat well. Harbor House offers residents spacious private and semi-private apartments, three chef-prepared meals daily, social activities and outings, chauffeured transportation and a personalized care and activities plan that suit their abilities and needs.

Map of Harbor House of Ocala