Woodland Towers

Reviews of Woodland Towers

Assisted Living Reviews for Woodland Towers

December 16, 2015

By Heather22

Woodland had a large bedroom, where she can get a queen-size bed; a lounge sitting area, where she can have a settee; a TV; and a dining table. She had a little kitchenette. They were very reasonable with the monthly charge. The staff was very nice. We saw that the residents were active.

October 19, 2015

By Beth43

My in-laws are at Woodland Towers for about three weeks now. It's a very happy place and the people there are happy as well. The staff has been very helpful and they seem to be on top of things. We are really happy. The food is great.

December 01, 2014

I also had a chance to visit Woodland Towers, and it was OK. It's very clean, and the staff was friendly, but they were in the process of remodeling the rooms, and they were quite large. We were quite happy with the visit.

December 26, 2013

We did find a place for my parents. We have them at Woodland Terrace. We're really happy with it. The facility is clean. The price is phenomenal compared to what the other facilities are offering. The location though is not that great and they don't have a walking trail or garden. It's a little bit more urban there, but those are secondary because my father can't walk very well. This place is really wonderful. Their chef is a rockstar! The food there is so good. You can even go over and eat with them anytime and it's $4. For Thanksgiving, it was $10 for the holiday dinner. We can have the traditional turkey or coconut shrimp. We went there and we had the Thanksgiving coconut shrimp. They also served wine. It's a really nice place. Everybody there is happy. As for activities, they have the usual bingo, bridge, and stretch and flex every morning which is very popular. They also have Bible studies. They have a chapel and they rotate the different denominations through there. They do have a workout room but it is very outdated and nobody uses it. It's not an issue to us though. For accommodations, my parents ended up with a two-bedroom-two-bath apartment. It has a balcony and it is really nice. They have a little place with a desk and an extra bed. It is an old converted studio so it is a little bit dated. Every apartment has a screened-in balcony. You can also have a pet in this facility. It is really a nice place.

August 13, 2013

By Phyllis16

Our family has lived in Deland for quite a few years, so we're familiar with Woodlands Tower. We checked them out and they gave us a tour. We're very pleased, so that's why we moved here. It's perfect. It couldn't possibly be better. It's very nice here. The apartments are big enough; with one bedroom, a large living room, and a kitchen. The people that work here are absolutely wonderful. The place is clean, they have nurses, doctors and security guards. The food is excellent, too. We couldn't ask for anything more.

September 24, 2012

By NewBernResident1

I know a resident who is staying at Woodland Towers. I went to visit her when I went to visit family and friends from my hometown. I thought that Woodland Towers was an average facility. They offered a clean atmosphere, but the buildings were outdated. The building was several stories high and made it difficult for some residents. They did have an elevator but it was slow and I was told that it doesn't always work. The staff was friendly and welcoming. The person that I visited showed me around the facility. They have an outdoor area for residents to hang out at or to take walks. Their dining room was very large and they have a daily menu for the residents to choose from. They have a shuttle that takes the residents to different places, such as grocery stores and beauty salons. If they would update their facility, I would give them 5 stars because they were very attentive to the needs of the residents.

Independent Living Reviews for Woodland Towers

Photos of Woodland Towers

Services and Amenities of Woodland Towers

About Woodland Towers

Life begins again when you move into Woodland Towers, a premier retirement community, located in the heart of DeLand, one of Central Florida's charming and historic towns.

For more than a decade, Woodland Towers has been dedicated to providing its residents with a quality, carefree, independent retirement lifestyle.

Map of Woodland Towers