The Cloisters

Reviews of The Cloisters

Assisted Living Reviews for The Cloisters

November 21, 2016

By Janet013766

My mother is in The Cloisters. The make each of the residents feel like they are the one there. They make them all feel like they are cared for. The place was beautiful. It is very clean. They will do anything that she needs done. Right now, she is having help with her shower. They do her laundry, dishes, empty the garbage, and the other things that she can’t do right now. The dining room and the food are OK. They are working on it. My mother plays dominoes, lameque, pochino, and bingo.

June 17, 2016

By Danny853451

We were very pleased with The Cloisters of Deland. It had individual villas, some with garages, and towers for assisted living or beyond that. We ate dinner there and it was very nice. They had a beautiful atrium on the upper floor. We talked with quite a few people who were really very happy with all of the activities and stuff there. If there's one thing that can be improved on it would be that I'd like the people in the apartments to go to early stage assisted living before having to move into the towers.

June 17, 2016

By Bill621215

The Cloisters of Deland is an eight-story building with all of the privileges for people who can no longer cook and need nursing care. It's a full-scale facility. The staff seemed efficient and very helpful to our friends. We were visiting our friends who seemed very happy with the facility. The rooms were very good. The food was quite adequate.

November 30, 2015

By Leigh5

I have visited a lot of places, and The Cloisters of DeLand is the best because we don’t make a down payment; we just pay by the month. They have cottages and apartments. They have great food. They have excellent services. It’s a nice place in DeLand, and I would highly recommend it to anybody.

September 06, 2015

At The Cloisters, they provide meals and so on. However, we didn't approve of the meals at all. The one meal we had was horrible as far as I was concerned. The facility was not bad. They had some apartments that were kind of independent, and those were nice, but they were on the small side. We probably could accommodate ourselves with something like that, but we could not accommodate the food. The staff was nice, except the cooks were pretty bad. Also, my wife was not impressed with this place.

March 10, 2015

By Ron42

I like the villas and the meals at Cloisters of Deland. It was beautiful. The staff was good, the meals were good, the dining room was clean, and the villas were excellent. They had a swimming pool, and they watch movies.

June 26, 2014

By Robert73669750

The Cloisters is a big place, and currently I am in their independent living area. They have 7 or 8 things to do every day. They have movies, exercise, lectures, shopping trips, and all those sorts of things. I like that this facility is peaceful and quiet. The food is pretty good. The staff are very good and very friendly. The only problem here is that their evening meal is from 4:30 to 6, and that seems like eating in the afternoon. I chose this facility because, when the day comes that I need help, I won't have to move again. It's a gated community, and they check the vehicles, so you have to get a pass or a little sticker on your windshield. A lot of their residents don't have cars, so they have several buses that take them to Wal-Mart or to any shopping center.

December 23, 2013

My mom has been in The Cloisters for a year now. We chose this for her because they were more competitive price-wise. Aside from that, they were the only one that actually didn't try to get your money to move in, like ask for additional one-time fee. It is also considered the best in the area and they have won all kinds of awards. The staff is very friendly, very caring and very informative. Their rooms are better than others I looked at. They have full kitchens which a lot of the others don't have. It depends on the level of assisted living, so if you're in the highest level, then you're in a room with constant nursing care and you don't have a kitchen there, obviously because they'll be serving you three meals a day. Their dining room is very spacious for the residents. Food also is very good and everyone seems to like it. As far as activities, they have all kinds including a swimming pool, which again others don't have. They also have a gym and a library there.

October 25, 2013

By Amelia2

We are just waiting for my mom's background check to clear before she could move in to The Cloisters of Deland. We chose it because of the affordability in combination with the decency of the facility. They were willing to work on my mom's social security disability. I also like the convenience of the fact that they will take them to the doctors if they signed up for the shuttle. They would also take them to the grocery stores which I think is really an awesome feature as well. They also would allow pet with a pet deposit which is fine because that way a lot of elderly folks like my mom likes having a pet around.

December 22, 2012

By mndymhr

The Cloisters was a great choice. The area was clean, it's a nice gated community with many features available for seniors. The rooms were nice, it's very apartment-like, very easy to forget that it's a retirement home. The cost of living is very high, which is one of the reasons my grandmother didn't choose to stay here. The staff seems very friendly and willing to help. Monthly events are put on for the residents of The Cloisters and it seems welcoming. We chose to go with a different living facility due to the price. The events and activities were probably the most welcoming aspect, they keep the seniors busy and that matters a lot.

Independent Living Reviews for The Cloisters

June 22, 2015

We saw The Cloisters. My parents love almost everything about that place. They love the villas. It was very nice. Once they felt like that they could get their ducks in a row and sell their house and stuff, that's probably would be their first choice. The apartments were beautiful. There was like a two-bedroom, two-bath. It was very clean. They had just gone in and remodeled one, and it was almost like going into a brand new place. The facility was very nice and very accommodating. My parents like the pool area. They also like the dining room where you can go to, but they all have their own little kitchen and washer-dryer in the unit. My parents don't need the assisted living, but if they need it later, then they have that option there as well. We didn't eat there, but the dining set-up was actually gorgeous. They have a lot of good activities too, like movie nights and cards. My parents really like that place. They have different things going on. They have two or three different days where buses came and took them to the grocery store or shopping. So there was transportation for them as well. They have a doctor onsite as well. Also we like the idea that it was gated. Nobody could just go in and out of the place.

June 29, 2014

By Barbara85660850

I like the accommodations at Cloisters of Deland. They were absolutely beautiful, much more spacious and for less money. You could have choice of an apartment or a little cottage. But I ate there with my friend, and it was the most horrible food you could ever imagine. They said they've changed food provider. Also, the people looked more disabled, and I didn’t see many activities going on there.

About The Cloisters

The Cloisters is a senior living provider in Deland, Florida that offers residents Assisted Living and Independent Living. Contact The Cloisters for more details on services and rates.

Map of The Cloisters