Sunset Point Rehabilitation and Nursing Center

Reviews of Sunset Point Rehabilitation and Nursing Center

Nursing Home Reviews for Sunset Point Rehabilitation and Nursing Center

April 13, 2015

By mstngsully

Do not let your loved ones be admitted here. My father was admitted to treat pneumonia and receive some rehabilitation for his weak legs. He was there for less than 2 months. Instead of recovering and coming home he ended up in ICU with sepsis from a very poorly treated bed sore (the likes of which the ICU nurse was appalled at). He died 3 days after being admitted to the hospital. At least the hospital fulfilled their medical oath and gave him medical care, comfort and respect his last few days. Sunset point and his doctor let him suffer terribly and refused to even return my mother's phone calls inquiring about his medical treatment. She was in the process of having him moved when he went into septic shock. By then it was too late. I gave it the one star rating because no stars was not an option. I am heartbroken.

October 24, 2014

I went to Sunset point and didn’t like it at all. The overall look and surroundings are very dark, and the paintings are old. The room was a little bit dirty and very unpleasant with cobwebs. The staff was nice and pleasant. I like the dining room setup.

June 02, 2012

By JonJonJon

My grandmother stayed at this facility after a bad spill at home broke her hip. The staff at this facility are very nice and attentive, they are helpful in answering all of your questions and making you feel comfortable with the care your loved one is receiving. During my grandmother's month long stay at Sunset Point Care and Rehabilitation we were allowed to visit her daily and the times we were able to do so were made to be very flexible. It is located right next to a McDonald's and they even allowed us to bring her milkshakes because the medications that she was taking were making her feel nauseous. On only did one occasion did anything troublesome occur. She had been given sleep medication and apparently one evening she tried to get out of bed, she was lightheaded and fell out of bed when trying to go to the bathroom at night. A caretaker was there within moments and she was given bed rails and had her dosage immediately lowered. All in all I think this is a great facility with plenty of activities and friendly staff. They are competent and careful. If I were to rate this facility a 1 through 10, I'd give it a 9, only because the location can be tricky to get into if there is traffic.

May 31, 2012

By Clearwaterliving

My mother stayed at this location recently, she had broken her hip and during her recovery she needed assistance that I could not provide twenty four hours a day because of my job. In home care was also not something that could be used as our house was not wheelchair accessible. Her stay was mostly pleasant, there were a few incidents that did scare her slightly. She told me that an Alzheimer's patient was wandering around and came into her room while she was changing blouses. Overall, her stay was very pleasant. She was a bit antisocial, and did not want to be in the facility for any longer than was medically necessary, due to her being a very independent woman. If the need were to arise again, she stated that she would be willing to go back if in home care were not possible. The staff was always friendly and patient with my mother, and my interactions with them were superb as well.

Services and Amenities of Sunset Point Rehabilitation and Nursing Center

• Overall:
  • Date Certified: 07/01/2018

About Sunset Point Rehabilitation and Nursing Center

Sunset Point Rehabilitation and Nursing Center is a senior living provider in Clearwater, Florida that offers residents Nursing Homes. Contact Sunset Point Rehabilitation and Nursing Center for more details on services and rates.

Map of Sunset Point Rehabilitation and Nursing Center