Hawthorne Village Estates

Reviews of Hawthorne Village Estates

Assisted Living Reviews for Hawthorne Village Estates

November 13, 2014

By Melissa19

Hawthorne Inn looks very clean and is very well staffed. Some of the rooms have two beds and some were one. The staff was helpful by giving me the information I needed. They have a rehab and a therapy room, and lists of activities as well.

August 31, 2014

I like Hawthorne Inn Assisted Living the best of the facilities I've visited, but it's just too expensive. The facility looked more modern. I know people who have their family members there and they liked it. They showed me around the place and it looked nice. The staff were all very nice. They take them to places, shopping, and to do different things in the facility.

November 06, 2013

By Nancy72923950

Hawthorne was a big and new facility. It was an absolutely beautiful place. If I had the money, I would put my husband in Hawthorne because they were first rate. We met a lot of people there and we heard such good comments about them and given such good care and we thought that would be a wonderful place to be. They even had a chapel. They had a big building on the ground for assisted living and I would love to be into something like that because we still need help. However, they were probably eight to ten miles away from my home.

October 29, 2012

By PBren

The facility was very nice and well kept, the rooms were very nice and comfortable. The staff was excellent with my grandmother, also they were very friendly and helpful to myself and my family.When visiting there the ground were nice to take a stroll around,and the ability to spend private time with my grandmother was great. Overall I was pleased with the experience, and my grandmother was well cared for and very comfortable spending her days there.

Independent Living Reviews for Hawthorne Village Estates

Nursing Home Reviews for Hawthorne Village Estates

February 26, 2015

I had surgery and got thrown out of the hospital prematurely in the middle of the night because they needed the bed, so I went to Hawthorne rehab facility, and I was there for four days. I ended up back in the hospital here in Brandon with a wound infection and cellulitis, but I hopefully can go back to Hawthorne for my rehab. Having MS and being severely immunosuppressed plus knowing that I was going to have a fresh postoperative wound, I requested a private room. On day 4 after I had been there, I needed to be transferred to the hospital with a wound infection and continued to be in the hospital until now. In addition, they have informed me that they will not cover the private room because I did not meet the criteria. I met the criteria I was given on the tour, but apparently that's not consistent with the criteria of their billing office, and I would give the business office a rating of 2. The nursing staff is excellent. I had excellent care while I was there other than my wound getting infected and having problems with the business office, but the nursing care and the therapy departments are all excellent.

December 30, 2011

By FAMILY__MEMBER

If I could give this facility a zero, I would. Please don't get your loved one excited about this place. Hawthorne Village has been probably the worst experience so far in our search for good quality care for my mom. Hugely disappointed and really don't have anything good to say about Terri or Micheal. My mom deserves better by them.

September 29, 2011

By Steven Mandell

In order to understand the work that they do at Hawthorne Health and Rehab, you need to know a little about my Grandmother's original situation. She was living in El Dorado, AR by herself. My grandfather on my mother's side had passed away years ago from complications of rheumatoid arthiritis. When we visited for Thanksgiving back in 2007, it was immediately apparent to the family that we needed to get her into a managed care situation. She was not together mentally and was very weak physically. We stayed an through the rest of the week getting her settled into a local nursing home in El Dorado. However, when my mother and father visited a few months later, they were shocked to see how poorly she was doing. It turns out she had undiagnosed pneumonia and, if it were not for my parents showing up, who knows what might have happened. After this debacle it was decided to bring grandmother to Riverview, FL to live with her daughter and son-in-law. They had a big house with an extra bedroom and bathroom for her to use. After two seperate slip and fall situations (broken arm and broken leg), my parents realized that 24 hr supervision was needed. In the first nursing home she was withdrawn and had begun to suffer from depression and dementia. I would visit her and it appeared that she had not moved from her wheelchair or done anything all day. She was moved to Hawthorne finally after the second slip and fall. This time rather than short-term rehab she was going to be there on a permanent basis. My grandmother has been at Hawthorne Health and Rehab for over three years. She has a number of very good friends that she has made among the fellow residents and has a good time with the staff as well. They keep the facility very clean and well maintained. They have exercise and physical therapy available for residents in a newly constructed wing on the facility. They have a full schedule of events and trips about the town. Finally, they have special events each month to which family members of residents are encouraged to attend. I credit the staff at Hawthorne with keeping her engaged mentally, physically, and socially. Her dementia has completely receded and her memory has improved. It is a credit to the hard work and dedication of the staff that my grandmother has the quality of life that she does now in her mid-eighties.

About Hawthorne Village Estates

Hawthorne Village Estates is a senior living provider in Brandon, Florida that offers residents Assisted Living, Independent Living, and Nursing Homes. Contact Hawthorne Village Estates for more details on services and rates.

Map of Hawthorne Village Estates