Hawthorne Village Estates

Reviews of Hawthorne Village Estates

Independent Living Reviews for Hawthorne Village Estates

Nursing Home Reviews for Hawthorne Village Estates

February 26, 2015

I had surgery and got thrown out of the hospital prematurely in the middle of the night because they needed the bed, so I went to Hawthorne rehab facility, and I was there for four days. I ended up back in the hospital here in Brandon with a wound infection and cellulitis, but I hopefully can go back to Hawthorne for my rehab. Having MS and being severely immunosuppressed plus knowing that I was going to have a fresh postoperative wound, I requested a private room. On day 4 after I had been there, I needed to be transferred to the hospital with a wound infection and continued to be in the hospital until now. In addition, they have informed me that they will not cover the private room because I did not meet the criteria. I met the criteria I was given on the tour, but apparently that's not consistent with the criteria of their billing office, and I would give the business office a rating of 2. The nursing staff is excellent. I had excellent care while I was there other than my wound getting infected and having problems with the business office, but the nursing care and the therapy departments are all excellent.

December 30, 2011

By FAMILY__MEMBER

If I could give this facility a zero, I would. Please don't get your loved one excited about this place. Hawthorne Village has been probably the worst experience so far in our search for good quality care for my mom. Hugely disappointed and really don't have anything good to say about Terri or Micheal. My mom deserves better by them.

September 29, 2011

By Steven Mandell

In order to understand the work that they do at Hawthorne Health and Rehab, you need to know a little about my Grandmother's original situation. She was living in El Dorado, AR by herself. My grandfather on my mother's side had passed away years ago from complications of rheumatoid arthiritis. When we visited for Thanksgiving back in 2007, it was immediately apparent to the family that we needed to get her into a managed care situation. She was not together mentally and was very weak physically. We stayed an through the rest of the week getting her settled into a local nursing home in El Dorado. However, when my mother and father visited a few months later, they were shocked to see how poorly she was doing. It turns out she had undiagnosed pneumonia and, if it were not for my parents showing up, who knows what might have happened. After this debacle it was decided to bring grandmother to Riverview, FL to live with her daughter and son-in-law. They had a big house with an extra bedroom and bathroom for her to use. After two seperate slip and fall situations (broken arm and broken leg), my parents realized that 24 hr supervision was needed. In the first nursing home she was withdrawn and had begun to suffer from depression and dementia. I would visit her and it appeared that she had not moved from her wheelchair or done anything all day. She was moved to Hawthorne finally after the second slip and fall. This time rather than short-term rehab she was going to be there on a permanent basis. My grandmother has been at Hawthorne Health and Rehab for over three years. She has a number of very good friends that she has made among the fellow residents and has a good time with the staff as well. They keep the facility very clean and well maintained. They have exercise and physical therapy available for residents in a newly constructed wing on the facility. They have a full schedule of events and trips about the town. Finally, they have special events each month to which family members of residents are encouraged to attend. I credit the staff at Hawthorne with keeping her engaged mentally, physically, and socially. Her dementia has completely receded and her memory has improved. It is a credit to the hard work and dedication of the staff that my grandmother has the quality of life that she does now in her mid-eighties.

Services and Amenities of Hawthorne Village Estates

About Hawthorne Village Estates

Hawthorne Village Estates is a senior living provider in Brandon, Florida that offers residents Independent Living and Nursing Homes. Contact Hawthorne Village Estates for more details on services and rates.

Map of Hawthorne Village Estates