The Woods of Manatee Springs

Reviews of The Woods of Manatee Springs

Nursing Home Reviews for The Woods of Manatee Springs

May 03, 2018

By katie12345

This is a horrible place, because of the staff. The majority of staff are neglectful and uncaring; they are not concerned about patients moaning, groaning, begging for things they need, etc. They have ignored medical needs of my relative and other persons this relative has seen. Some have been outright dangerous and life-threatening mistakes or neglect. Yes, ants can be a problem. Yes, the building is old. Yes, there are some nice staff. There is also the usual problems in any care facility like those clients that strip or the sounds of moaning. I have needed to be vague here, but I would never allow a patient that couldn't speak up for them self stay here. Not a chance. I have all the details my relative has shared with me written down, and will share them to the proper persons once I know they won't get stuck returning to this place again.

February 20, 2017

By nancy351

I would never put my family in this facility!! Beware!!! It is invested with bugs! Roaches, nats, ants, and other bugs! The cna's are terrible they don't care about the residents and ignore them all the time! The pore house keepers get mistreated by the cna's by be-littling them and throw their stuff all over the floors! The building is falling apart! The walls are peeling off the rooms look terrible! And to find out the house keepers only make minimum wage is disgraceful! Should be ashamed to do that to them!! Beware of this place!!!

November 22, 2016

By Mensuck1

Had to go there for rehab. I wouldnt let my dog stay there and I dont have one. The help is very lazy and could care less. I only had one girl who was the best! When diapers were changed, didnt even get wiped down. No wonder there are so many urinary infections. The dictor I was saddled with sucked! I thank God when I was able to leave.

May 22, 2016

By LalaUWMBM

Mom’s been in Manatee Springs. When they first moved her there, we were a little happier than the one she was previously in. Then, they kind of just neglected her. The staff changes all of the time. Good staff don’t want to be in bad surroundings, so I guess that’s why they never stick around. Before you know it, someone steals something and the place smells of urine. The staff was just cold, and I never heard of any activities that they had for Mom.

February 17, 2015

By Ajg

Other

I received Rrhab there.. All staff expect nice and most went out of there way to get me back on the road to recovery.. Can't say enough good things

December 10, 2014

By Kathy102486850

In Manatree Sprins, you don’t have a choice for the rooms; I had to be with somebody who is crazy. I fell on both ankles there getting to the commode because I wasn’t allowed to go to the bathroom, and it took too long for them to come to me. My right ankle went first, and my left ankle second, and I had already broken my right ankle. I just gotten my cast off, and I re-broke it. You don’t have enough help, they don’t come when they are called, and you don’t have a lot of nursing help.

December 05, 2014

By KatherineW

Other

Horrible place to die... dirty, urine smell, bugs, and over medicated patients. Staff has no shame, no consciousness... please stay out of that place. Oh... and the location of the wood of manatee springs is in the bad area of the town.

August 14, 2014

By Marvin9

The staff at the Woods of Manatee Springs was very friendly, caring, and loving to my wife before she passed on. Her private room was very well done and very well taken care of. The residents were happy with the care they were getting. I liked the caring and the concern that they had for their patients, the cleanliness of the building, and just overall the better part of the community.

September 09, 2009

By khumphrey

AVOID

I wouldn't put my dog in this nursing facility. The doctor on staff is never there. He practices phone medicine. The staff says that he comes in but no matter what time I was there, he was not. Nor does he return calls. I suspect he is a doctor on paper only. Secondly, the place stinks--literally. Going to my mom's room, I held my breath as I moved through two hallways. The stench of old people sitting in their own mess is horrible. Finally, this nursing home had two chances to call the ambulance to have my mom taken to the hospital. However, they did not because they simply do not care enough. Mom had chest pains. All they gave her was pain meds. Her oxygen level was so low that she could not do physical therapy. Instead of sending her to the hospital, they called for a wheelchair transport who picked her up at 10:50. She was the only patient in the van, yet it took them over an hour to get her to the hospital. The log showed the driver signed in at 12:01. The reason they sent her to the hospital, however,was not due to heart pains or low oxygen levels. The doctor decided, over the phone the day before, that she needed a blood transfusion. The driver of the van placed the blood transfusion orders on her lap and left her in the hospital lobby where she remained until an ER nurse noticed that she was sitting in a wheelchair, slumped over. She was nearly dead. In fact, she died later that day. This is the type of care Manatee Springs on 9th Avenue East gives our loved ones. As I said before, I wouldn't put my dog under their care. They should be sued. But they don't carry enough insurance to make it worth the time to sue them. The state of Florida has a law in place that prevents the family of widows or widowers from suing. Therefore this medical facility, its doctors, and nurses are shielded by a law that protects them and makes our loved ones vulnerable.

About The Woods of Manatee Springs

The Woods of Manatee Springs is a senior living provider in Bradenton, Florida that offers residents Nursing Homes and Nursing Homes. Contact The Woods of Manatee Springs for more details on services and rates.

Map of The Woods of Manatee Springs