The Woods of Manatee Springs

Nursing Home Reviews for The Woods of Manatee Springs

December 05, 2014

By KatherineW

Other

Horrible place to die... dirty, urine smell, bugs, and over medicated patients. Staff has no shame, no consciousness... please stay out of that place. Oh... and the location of the wood of manatee springs is in the bad area of the town.

August 14, 2014

By Marvin9

The staff at the Woods of Manatee Springs was very friendly, caring, and loving to my wife before she passed on. Her private room was very well done and very well taken care of. The residents were happy with the care they were getting. I liked the caring and the concern that they had for their patients, the cleanliness of the building, and just overall the better part of the community.

September 09, 2009

By khumphrey

AVOID

I wouldn't put my dog in this nursing facility. The doctor on staff is never there. He practices phone medicine. The staff says that he comes in but no matter what time I was there, he was not. Nor does he return calls. I suspect he is a doctor on paper only. Secondly, the place stinks--literally. Going to my mom's room, I held my breath as I moved through two hallways. The stench of old people sitting in their own mess is horrible. Finally, this nursing home had two chances to call the ambulance to have my mom taken to the hospital. However, they did not because they simply do not care enough. Mom had chest pains. All they gave her was pain meds. Her oxygen level was so low that she could not do physical therapy. Instead of sending her to the hospital, they called for a wheelchair transport who picked her up at 10:50. She was the only patient in the van, yet it took them over an hour to get her to the hospital. The log showed the driver signed in at 12:01. The reason they sent her to the hospital, however,was not due to heart pains or low oxygen levels. The doctor decided, over the phone the day before, that she needed a blood transfusion. The driver of the van placed the blood transfusion orders on her lap and left her in the hospital lobby where she remained until an ER nurse noticed that she was sitting in a wheelchair, slumped over. She was nearly dead. In fact, she died later that day. This is the type of care Manatee Springs on 9th Avenue East gives our loved ones. As I said before, I wouldn't put my dog under their care. They should be sued. But they don't carry enough insurance to make it worth the time to sue them. The state of Florida has a law in place that prevents the family of widows or widowers from suing. Therefore this medical facility, its doctors, and nurses are shielded by a law that protects them and makes our loved ones vulnerable.

About The Woods of Manatee Springs

The Woods of Manatee Springs is a senior living provider in Bradenton, Florida that offers residents Nursing Homes. Contact The Woods of Manatee Springs for more details on services and rates.

Map of The Woods of Manatee Springs