Discovery Village of Boynton Beach

Reviews of Discovery Village of Boynton Beach

Assisted Living Reviews for Discovery Village of Boynton Beach

September 09, 2016

By J.B.346364

Brookdale North Boynton Beach isn't great, and the price is too high. They promised me that if I enrolled before July 31, I would get four months at half price. I was supposed to get August, September, October, and November at half price, but now, they're saying they didn't promise that, so I don't know what to do. The memory care is not as good as at other places, and the dining room is not great. I have to wait until they decide to come over and take my order. The food is adequate and passable. I wouldn't say it's extraordinary because there isn't anything special. They only serve basic things like beef stew, boiled chicken, egg salad, cottage cheese, and things like that. There is no entertainment, and they have no activities.

August 24, 2016

By JC312354

Brookdale North Boynton Beach was sad. I won't put my mother there. It was really depressing. There were old people everywhere, and they looked sad. There was nothing happy about the place, and it kind of smelled. The lady who showed me around was very nice, but the place was just sad and old. It was like getting ready to get rid of your parent. It was just terrible. I left there crying. It was horrible. I wouldn't even put my enemies there.

February 10, 2016

By Stan N.

Brookdale North Boynton Beach is a three-hundred-person residence. We attended a men’s club there. They had TED conferences, and it was very interesting. The meal was good. The housing was delightful. There were one- and two-bedroom homes that seemed very nice. They had amenities, e.g., the library, and the pool. The dining rooms, and the lobbies were all well-maintained, and equipped. We enjoyed ourselves very much. They had independent-living, a full nursing-home, and special programs for Alzheimer’s. They showed us several rooms. The single-bedrooms, and the double-bedrooms were all very nice. The services provided were very suitable. We enjoyed that very much, too.

November 29, 2015

There were a lot of activities going on at the Brookdale North Boynton Beach like bingo, card games. They had music. Somebody was playing the piano and they were dancing. It was more hands-on with more people around, more friendly, and more accommodating to the residents than other places I visited. I talked to the people there, and they were very happy. The rooms were pretty nice. I was comfortable there, and they were enjoying themselves.

August 21, 2015

By Eva14

Brookdale North was very well-kept, and it was a beautiful facility. The apartments were very spacious, they had very large patios, everything was screened in and beautifully maintained, and it was a lovely place. The staff was very nice, and the residents seemed happy. What made this one stand out was how spacious the apartments were and how well-maintained everything was. There was nothing that looked shoddy or looked like it needed work or repair; it was all kept in tip top shape. They just did a beautiful job there.

July 20, 2015

We are committed to Brookdale North Boynton Beach (Newport Place Boynton Beach). The floor plan was better; we have a nice scenic view because we’re on the fourth floor. We were lucky enough to get one of the corner units, which was a 2-bedroom with a den. They gave us a flooring allowance for the carpet replacement we wanted, so we could bring our oriental rug. There was generous closet space because there were 3 different closets in the den and the 2-bedrooms. The biggest thing that got me was the light because they have 2 screened balconies on both sides and it makes the apartment lighter, not so dark. They have a lot of things. There’s an outdoor pool and a walking club; there are pets available. The food was nice; we ate with a nice couple that lived there for 2 months. It’s 7.3 miles from my old house, and that was good for me because my friends will come and visit. I had a better feeling here; I felt that they were bending over backwards.

June 30, 2015

By Allen9

Brookdale North Boynton Beach was very nice. The people were very warm.

April 20, 2015

The lady that I spoke to wasn't very accommodating and not very friendly. She didn't want to spend time with me. She wanted to cut my appointment short. If you go to the restaurant, you have to walk up a flight of stairs, down this narrow hallway, and then walk up concrete steps. The restaurant layout wasn't very accommodating, and the food wasn't good. The foyer was nice, and the people that live there were friendly enough.

We apologize that your tour of Brookdale North Boynton Beach did not meet your expectations. We want to thank you for taking the time to visit and providing feedback. Please be assured your feedback will be reviewed and used to better serve our residents and their families in the future.

April 10, 2015

By Marsha24

When I visit Brookdale, the people there are the most receptive. Actually, my sister is at that place, and my brother-in-law is there now. They are very responsive, and they offer everything we are looking for. We like it very much. My sister and brother-in-law are very happy and doing well there.

November 30, 2014

By Michael93522250

So far our experience at the Pointe at Newport Place for my mom was very nice. Everything was perfect. I have nothing bad to say as everything has been very good. Mom said she is very happy with the place.

September 22, 2014

By Toni9

The Pointe was beautiful. It was very well taken care of. It looked like a hotel. I would live there; that’s how immaculate the place was. The restaurant was immaculate as well. The grounds were beautiful. The apartments are gorgeous. The staff and the people were unbelievable. I met the people who lived there. They people were traveling. They were getting on buses and going out. They would dress well. It was amazing. Everything was gorgeous. I think it’s the nicest place.

June 30, 2014

My mom has been at The Pointe of Newport Place for about two months now. I chose this because I was able to make an extensive background check with regards to the facility. She has a nice, spacious apartment. My mom is fine with the food there. She is a little bit limited in her activities because she has early stages of Parkinson's disease.

June 26, 2014

By Sonia4

The grounds at The Pointe were nice. The whole place was very nice. It looked like an upscale hotel. The price was doable and comparable. Jackie, who gave us the tour, was very nice and helpful. The staff was very friendly; they answered our questions. I also spoke with the people there, and they said they were very happy that, if they have to live somewhere, that place is nice. So I did get positive feedback from some of the people I questioned that were there.

May 29, 2014

The Pointe at Newport Place was a beautiful facility. They had very nice people there. They had music brought in by guests that day when we went there. Also, their rooms were nice. However, the memory care facility was just one short hallway, and there was not much variety for the people who were there.

May 20, 2014

By Jan-Sue

I did visit The Pointe at Newport Place, and I was very impressed with the facility. Nothing smelled, and the people were nice, and the food looks good.

May 10, 2014

By John84410950

I had Mom at The Pointe at Newport Place, and it didn’t work out well. Mom was there for about a month. She wasn’t happy there, and she didn’t like being there, so she didn’t participate in any activities. The staff were very nice and helpful. The rooms were very nice. I put on the menu that she doesn’t like fish, but they gave her fish. So obviously they don’t read what is on their questionnaires.

May 10, 2014

By Marvin8

December of last year, me and my wife moved to The Pointe at Newport Place. We chose it because the price was right, the rooms were new, they also have an on-site physical therapist and occupational therapist, and above all, the food is excellent. Our room faces a courtyard looking out the activity building. We have two bedrooms, a full-sized living room, and a full kitchen. The food is excellent. The menu varies, and it is published a week in advance so you know what food is coming up. I would say the service is the best I have experienced in this type of facility. Within the first few days of our first week, everyone who came in contact with us already knew our names, and it made us feel like home. I personally have not yet participated in any activities, but my wife does participate in their exercises, and she is also active in the bridge club here.

April 29, 2014

By Randi1

The independent living at The Pointe was wonderful. They were accommodating. It was a beautiful facility, very country club style. My mother and I went there for dinner, and we sat with some residents. It was lovely, active, and the food was delicious there, and the service was great. They have a ton of activities within the center itself, and they had a lot of things going on outside the community, like theater days and restaurants. They provided shuttles. It was just very, very, very nice. The lady there was terrific in helping. The director of nursing came and sat with us to try to evaluate my mom's needs, and she was terrific also.

February 28, 2014

The Pointe at Newport Place is a very nice facility, but I felt it was very corporate. The facility is very clean and I can see that it is very well run. The lady who took me on a tour was extremely nice. I was really impressed, but I know that they are very expensive. They are pushing my mom to be in the independent living and not in the assisted living and that cannot be and so I don’t think they are conscious enough regarding the care.

February 27, 2014

Pointe at Newport Place was a bigger place and seem more elegant. I just felt like I was in a 5-star hotel. They seem very caring. I spoke to the woman who gave the tour and I spoke to the director of activities. They got lots of different activities that seem like very good for the residents. I thought the rooms were okay. They were standard size. The dining area looked very nice. Everything about the facility looked really nice. The view and the ambience was very elegant. So that was nice, but too much. They wouldn't give me a breakdown of prices so I didn't know if it's going to be pricey. So I chose a different facility because they were upfront with the prices. I didn't like the elegance. It seemed like a hotel.

October 30, 2013

By Fred13

The Pointe is very nice and that's probably the one mom would have picked. We looked at various size rooms and they're very helpful to her. They had a computer room, card room, movie theatre and they had entertainment there.

October 09, 2013

By bigalbie

The Pointe was fine. The people working there was very nice. However, I was not impressed. It was not as good as the one I moved in to and it was more expensive.

April 06, 2013

By JPM0817

I never got to see the facility, despite the fact that I had an appointment set up for me. They had no clue I was coming, and no interest in finding someone to fulfill their end of the appointment. The lobby is bright with many windows....that's all I see. The staff needs some customer service training.

March 20, 2013

By Sheryl2

The Pointe at NewPort Place is very close to my home. The person that showed us around and explained everything to us was great. Her name was Gretchen and she did a good job. This facility was beautiful and it had all kinds of amenities. We were looking at independent living for my parents and if we had made a decision about it already, that would have been the place. The dining area was beautiful and we were very impressed with the whole place.

March 18, 2013

By Sheryl1

We really, really liked The Pointe in Newport Place. It's very clean. It has facilities inside like a barbershop and a restaurant. That would have been the place we picked. It is really a nice place.

March 04, 2013

By Pam 1

My brother had a traumatic brain injury, so I was looking for a place. Gretchen gave me a tour of The Pointe at Newport Place. She was very helpful. I was there a couple of hours. The place was lovely. They have both retirement and memory care facility. It was very impressive. It felt like walking into a luxury hotel when I walked in. It was very nice and they seem to offer a lot for the residents. Not as luxurious, but that's okay. I like the remoteness of the location. However, I didn't want to put him in a memory care unit because he does not have Alzheimer's. He's only 56, and most of the residents are 70 or 80. So that was the biggest problem.

November 07, 2012

By joedanger

I went to visit this facility because my great grandmother had been living at the Pointe for quite some time. We learned from my grandfather that she had apparently stopped eating or drinking anything for a couple of days and wasn't looking like that was going to change, so she was likely going to die. Fortunately, we managed to make our visit despite living over four hours away before she passed the next day at the age of 107. It was a nice place, clean and with friendly staff. I felt like if she had to pass away anywhere, the Pointe probably would have been one of the best places to be since she had plenty of friendly staff members tending to her needs. We actually had one nurse speak with us and tell us a story about a conversation the two had had the previous year, so it was definitely nice to see that the staff actually wanted to get involved with the residents. It shows that they care.

November 06, 2012

By sandrarian

I thought very highly of this place. The amenities were quite nice, featuring a library and lounges where people could lounge and read. When I visited, I got to see pretty much all of the places in this facility. My best memory of this place involved a time when my relative was actually in the dining area eating. It really made me feel good that she was in good hands. The food was something you'd expect to have been made with a lot of care, and not just some pre-made food. The exterior of this place was just beautiful. It really felt like it was a home that I was entering. The lawn was kept very nice and the bushes were very tidy as well. Every time I went, it felt the exterior was serviced just the day before. One thing I would say is that there's no pool/water area in this facility though. I think that would be something that would have been nice to have.Overall, I was very impressed by this facility, it actually made me change my overall outlook on assisted living facilities. I think very highly of this place. Would definitely recommend if anyone is looking for assisted living in Boynton Beach.

April 03, 2012

By commercesd

While in the Boynton Beach area, we happened upon The Pointe at Newport Place. We had been visiting some other facilities around the region to find a suitable place for my friend's mother. We were glad that we didn't need an appointment to take a tour of the facility. The outside grounds were nicely kept, with plenty of seating areas. Residents are encouraged to walk around regularly as they desire and supervision is always available. The indoors were also impressive, with a nice library area and a large room for other activities, like board games and computers. There are other areas where residents may read, sit with friends or just relax and visit with friends and family. The staff was welcoming and seemed to really like their jobs. That's really important to my friend, since his mother's family is scattered around the U.S. - which means they won't be able to visit as much as they'd like to. His mother really enjoys getting out - and their list of activities included everything from local shopping, beauty salon and entertainment trips - to special events held at their facility and other places. We liked the exercise room where they had yoga mats and machines. They also have scheduled classes for those who are interested. The snacks offered all looked great. The dining areas included options from intimate to communal dining. Residents can choose whatever they like, as in a restaurant. The menu choices looked nutritious and delicious. The food looked and smelled like what you would find in upscale eateries. The activity calendar features many healthy and stimulating activities. We liked that the staff encourages participation and tries to make everything interesting for its residents. They have outings to local libraries, events, culture, restaurants, shopping, sporting events, festivals, fairs, nature walks and many other recreational acitivities. We had a very nice visit at this facility and it seemed like a great place for a senior to live.

Independent Living Reviews for Discovery Village of Boynton Beach

December 28, 2014

The rooms at Newport Place were not tiny -- but smaller than what I like -- and I will have to get rid of some furniture. I visited their dining area, and it was pleasant. They have a gym, they have social affairs, and they also will drive you to a doctor's visit.

October 16, 2014

I would highly recommend The Pointe at Newport Place's independent living facility. It's beautiful. It looked like the food was good, and it looked like they paid attention to their food as well. The rooms were beautiful, and they had balconies in their independent living. From all the facilities I've visited, this is the best for my mother.

August 17, 2014

Newport Place was very nice. It is one that I might consider. The apartments were very nice; they had two-bedroom units with two baths. The staff was very accommodating.

April 29, 2014

By Allen4

My wife and I are going into the independent part of The Pointe at Newport Place. The facility is very nice and beautiful. They have beautiful outside areas, a lovely pool, and a wonderful movie theater. They also have a wonderful dining area. They usually have five choices for entrees every night. From what I have seen, everyone is wonderful. They have a very cordial and warm staff, so I can't ask for anything more.

March 19, 2014

By Berta Hemderson

Newport Place was beautiful and they had entertainment. It was sparkling clean and it had no smell. The people were very friendly and they were kind to all the patients. They weren’t snappy. The rooms were nice and spacious. I didn’t chose it for my dad because my dad would have been at the end of this long hallway.

June 01, 2012

By jfmcintyre

The staff here were fantastic and really took an interest in my aunt's personality, above and beyond her care. They helped her connect with people and activities suited to her interests, and were sure to treat her as a fully capable person. The support they provided was remarkable. The activities planned helped to keep her active and allowed her to meet new people and create her own support network. One of her favorites was the book club which I believe met weekly. She also really appreciated the full kitchen available and the opportunity to cook at least one meal a day. Breakfast and dinner were provided, but knowing that she could continue to cook (one of her passions) really helped sell the facilities to her. She was also allowed to keep her dog, which I know was a great source of comfort to her. Furthermore, the grounds were beautiful and spacious and provided incentive for them to walk around often.

May 24, 2012

By Lily1

This is a personal favorite of mine and my mom is giving great consideration to this place as well. This is a nice place, not brand new but has original condos. This has the nicest, beautiful apartments with full kitchen. This is off the main highway so it's quiet. The grounds have beautiful landscaping; you can take a walk anytime and be safe. Since this facility has a full kitchen in each room, it only offers two meals every day; breakfast and dinner. You can either cook or pay an extra of $5 for the meal. Some services they offer to their residents are cleaning the apartment once a week, providing transportation, etc. They also prepare at least ten to fifteen activities per day and organized clubs for those who have similar interests. Examples of the clubs are men's club and book's club that meet every week. You can also bring your pet in this facility. However, I wish they offered three meals every day and has more parking space.

Costs for Discovery Village of Boynton Beach

• Tai Chi
  • Activities Extra: Computer Class

• Home Sale Assistance

• About Discovery Village of Boynton Beach

Discovery Village of Boynton Beach is a senior living provider in Boynton Beach, Florida that offers residents Assisted Living and Independent Living. Contact Discovery Village of Boynton Beach for more details on services and rates.

Map of Discovery Village of Boynton Beach