Shipley Manor

Reviews of Shipley Manor

Assisted Living Reviews for Shipley Manor

May 18, 2012

By chiclet9

My Great Grandmother was constantly ignored. They were consistantly late bringing meals, sometimes she would eat at nine at night, which is unacceptable with her medication. They would take the residents on trips and expect them to walk around at a normal pace. My great grandmother walked with a walker and needed four steps for every one step of a normal person. The staff was rude, unfriendly and downright mean. I would never reccomend this facility to anyone EVER! It had to be the most demeaning place on the planet, and if I had any control over where she was I would have removed her from the facility immediately. I feel she would have lived a lot longer if she was treated like a human being, and not a dog!

Independent Living Reviews for Shipley Manor

September 20, 2015

We liked Shipley Manor. I liked the cottages, which seemed to be roomier, but my wife wanted to go with the apartments. They had activities like exercise, Zumba, and weight loss. They have nurses on-call, and they would take us to our doctors. They have three meals a day. The place looked very nice.

January 30, 2014

By Dianne16

My mother is living in Shipley Manor. She moved in there the end of October last year. It's the best that we found here. We chose this facility because of its proximity to me and the cost. The people there are extremely nice. The staff is very caring and very thoughtful. They seem to take an interest in each one of their residents. They remember their residents' names. They're very nice. For accommodation, my mom has a two-bedroom apartment. It has a kitchen, a living room, two bedrooms and two bathrooms. For activities, my mom doesn't get involved in a lot of activities but they do have activities for them. They go to different places for activities. They have a bus that takes them to doctors appointments and there's grocery shopping and shopping. They have different games like bingo, Mexican Train, pinochle, etc., and I think they have a bridge club. The facility has a gift store and a library in there too. With regards to food, I haven't eaten there, but my mom says that the food is very good. They serve two meals a day, lunch and dinner, and they seem to be very good and very nice.

August 27, 2013

By Looking for a place

I visited a place called Shipley Manor. It was a very nice facility. It was also clean. Everything was excellent except the size of their apartments. Their two-bedroom apartments weren't that big.

Nursing Home Reviews for Shipley Manor

• Occupational Therapy

Types of care

• Meal Preparation

About Shipley Manor

Shipley Manor is a full service rental retirement community located in North Wilmington. Shipley Manor serves seniors in Independent Living, Assisted Living, and Skilled Nursing Care. We are conveniently located near 95 and the airport, shopping, theaters, and local hospitals

Map of Shipley Manor