Harbor Healthcare & Rehab Center

Reviews of Harbor Healthcare & Rehab Center

Nursing Home Reviews for Harbor Healthcare & Rehab Center

February 22, 2017

By NOVA Daughter

My mother hurt her knee went to the ER at Beebe, and they transferred her to Harbor Health. My mother suffers from dementia and requires of coaxes to do her PT. Obviously she didn't do her PT and now is in a wheel chair. She is now not toileting herself which she did before she entered Harbor Health. My dad is also elderly and can't life her nor give her the care she needs.. I talked to the nurses and administrators when I visited her and thought the outcome would be better. I think she was released because the knee seemed better but her balance, etc. still was lacking and probably should not have been discharged. My mom is now back in the hospital with the flu. I am hoping the other facility has room for her because she did not do well here.

May 29, 2012

By Jehni Pleasanton

The building itself was great. It had plenty of space and was as much like home as you would want. It had two separate sides for two different types of patients. Short-term and Long-term. It had a gym and private shower times. It was very quiet. No smoking on the premises which is always good. It didnt seem to be in need of staffing. There were plenty of people to go around. BUt, on the other hand. the inteligence of the staff was less then what you would want for your loved one. In my Father's case, there should have been better assesment and more one on one time to get to know him and understand him and the "signs" that his condition was worsening. Also, there was a mishap with his medications and they actually were lost for a few days. This did directly cause his condition to get worse over the few day period. My Father also passed away in this facility, and dispite the blame i may want to put on Harbor Health. I do believe it could have been medically avoided or atleast not when it happened.

About Harbor Healthcare & Rehab Center

Harbor Healthcare & Rehab Center is a senior living provider in Lewes, Delaware that offers residents Nursing Homes. Contact Harbor Healthcare & Rehab Center for more details on services and rates.

Map of Harbor Healthcare & Rehab Center