Westminster Village Dover, DE

Independent Living Reviews for Westminster Village

Nursing Home Reviews for Westminster Village

January 15, 2017

By listen

There care for the residents are not good. The nurses and CNAS are intimidating toward the residents. They dont groom them they yell at them. And when things are reported nothing gets done. The State just look at whatever paper work that the management seem to make sound good and the problems still exist. They are not compliant if there is not enough staff. On paper says one thing but seeing the truth of being there of what is really going on. They have no rights they are controlled no showers staff sits around. Residents complain on the transitional care unit all the time they dont get showers and one cna went in a room shut the light off and did not meet the residents need. I would not bring my love one here no activities on the weekend its really sad. Where are your corporate staff to allow this to continue.Where is the federal government to allow this.

May 24, 2015

By beaner06

Worst nursing home ever. Don't send your loved one there. My mother in law was there as a private pay because she didn't have enough time between stays and Medicare wouldn't pay even though she had broken bones and needed rehabilitation. But the care she received was horrible. They left her nude on the bed to wash herself and never came back. We came in to see her sitting there nude. They didn't come when she called for help. You would think that her basic needs would be met, but not the case. The staff was alerted on all instances but to no avail. We even med with the Nursing Supervisor and nothing changed. People were sitting out around the nursing desk with no one really watching over them. One lady was in a wheel chair pushed up against a table with her forehead on the table. Its horrible how the elderly are treated by these places and the government. Shame on them all!

September 29, 2011

By princesamorena

I had no con's about this facility when I visited here. There was one thing that could improve and that is the amount of staff that is on hand. It seems like they are short staff. But the features and accommodations that this facility offers are great. It's very clean and in a very nice area. The staff that was available is extremely friendly and was very helpful and thorough when explaining how things are ran there. Out of all the assisting living facilities I have visited this one would definitely be the one that I recommend for others to go check out. They also have private rooms and semi-private rooms and their nursing care is 24 hours. Their kitchen is extremely nice, and just the entire setup from the time I walked into the door to the time that I left, everything was organized and they seem like they know what their doing, and they do it very well. It don't get any better then Westminster Village.

Continuing Care Retirement Community Reviews for Westminster Village

About Westminster Village

Retirement living means something different for everyone. That?s why the residents at Westminster Village retirement community in Dover focus less on retirement ? and more on living.

At Westminster Village, you have the flexibility to create your own experience. All of our services, amenities and activities are designed to support your desires and decisions. Our convenient and inviting location ? in historic downtown Dover, close to the Delaware Beaches and Dover Downs, as well as area colleges and universities ? offers abundant leisure and educational opportunities. With 27 green and flowering acres located in the heart of historic Dover, there is no other continuing care retirement community (CCRC) like Westminster Village. In fact, it?s the only CCRC in central Delaware and it?s as distinctive as each of our residents. Our lovely apartments and country cottages are gathered around a central Village Green, which offers a putting green, gazebo and picnic areas. In the evenings, the fireplace in our country club-style lounge is a popular place to gather after dinner in our elegant dining room.

Westminster Village also offers the benefits of Delaware?s tax-free shopping. And whether you choose one of our spacious and well-designed apartments or comfortable country cottages, you?re guaranteed to feel at home in our commitment to your personal freedom. Our quality services, comfortable accommodations and comprehensive At-Home Services enable you to create an enriching lifestyle with the long-term peace of mind you deserve.

Map of Westminster Village