Hebrew Home and Hospital

Reviews of Hebrew Home and Hospital

Nursing Home Reviews for Hebrew Home and Hospital

December 08, 2013

By seeing red

I have a relative admitted after surgery from the hospital fot short term physical therapy (for walking). From day one there have been problems were relative has been injured (broke her arm on first full night there. Relative caught pneumonia and they would not send her back to hospital until she was so severly debydrated that she was hallucinating and totally out of her mind. After her arm was broken 2 days later she was put on behavior health unit there. No rehab is being done because they switch relative back and forth to behavior health ar will. They were not bathing relative. She got bedsores. Staff would not respond to familly. Some personal items have disappeared twice. On behavior health unit patients are all out in the hall or in the bedrooms screaming, being ignored. Staff lies about mr relative being rehabed when family come for visit. Different family members are there about 4 times a week and we take notice of a lot of things. Relative has been there over 2 months with no improvements. It is time we brought relative back to her home and outpatient rehab etc. Relative is slowly wasting away in there.

September 11, 2013

By jojodoxie

Was not happy with their behavioral health unit. Saw patients lying for hours in gurneys. Staff were mostly stern and quiet, even with family members. Tried to ask about follow up care and they would not return calls, then gave one day notice to find assisted living. A couple people were nice and helpful, but mostly it was a huge disappointment. Will not seek care there again.

June 29, 2012

By MAK21

The facility was clean and well maintained they always had fresh flowers in the lobby. This facility offers many different activities to keep the patient's entertained. They had many different events such as a movie night and a bingo night. They even had a weekend carnival where they had faced painters, balloons and different booths setup to entertain the patients. The room was a simple one but clean. It had consisted of two beds one and bathroom. Also the room had two bureau cases, closets and two televisions one for each guest. On the premises they had nurses and doctors in addition to physical therapists. They also had a hair cutter and a little store to buy the essentials. My grandmother enjoyed the food that they served, especially the desert. Her stay there was short, but restful, and she regained her health rather quickly under there care. My interactions with the staff were always pleasant, and they were very friendly and courteous to me.

June 26, 2012

By rockreincarnation

The staff were kindly and generous and generally wanted to help the people there. I met some good kids who were also volunteering, and the patients were very nice as well. We were involved with putting on a concert for the patients at the facility which I believe that they enjoyed. The facility was well run, and all of the patients seemed content about being there. Many of the patients were Jewish, as it was a Jewish assisted living facility--I volunteered through my Synnogauge. I enjoyed volunteering there--it was a positive place with a great atmosphere and the grounds were spectacularly beautiful. My fellow volunteers and I were able to entertain the patients at the center for a good while, as well as serving them dinner and playing board games with them. They seemed happy to be around young people, and I was grateful for the opportunity to brighten someone's day. In all, it was an exceedingly positive experience and I ended up working there multiple times.

Services and Amenities of Hebrew Home and Hospital

• Overall:
  • Date Certified: 07/01/2018

About Hebrew Home and Hospital

Hebrew Home and Hospital is a senior living provider in West Hartford, Connecticut that offers residents Nursing Homes. Contact Hebrew Home and Hospital for more details on services and rates.

Map of Hebrew Home and Hospital