The Hearth at Southbury

Offers Assisted Living, Independent Living, and Memory Care

655 Main Street South, Southbury, CT 06488
The Hearth at Southbury (800) 385-2527
PROMOTION! 9 days

Call Mary or Samantha at 203.267.7100 for special incentives, savings up to $2000.00! Schedule a tour and take home a pie!

Reviews of The Hearth at Southbury

Assisted Living Reviews for The Hearth at Southbury

October 13, 2016

By Leola

I will be moving into The Hearth at Southbury within the next few weeks. I have just visited it once and took the tour, but I was impressed with the care and upkeep of the building, the facilities, and the friendliness and helpfulness of all the staff. I saw one room -- the one that I know had a deposit on; it’s a bit on the small side, but I will be able to manage to get the things in of mine that I will need. The bathing facilities are very good. It’s large, and the shower has a built-in corner seat for safety. It also has a large floor-to-ceiling closet for storage, so I think everything will be fine. I visited the community and talked with the person who was guiding us. She showed us the rooms and told us about the facilities. I know there are things going on because there was a man playing the piano in one of the rooms, and I believe they have regular movies. I know of people who have been there and are very satisfied with it. The price was satisfactory for me to some extent. However, I’m going to have to apply for additional help from the VA being a widow of a service person in order to cover all of the things that I'd like to have when I’m there.

Leola, we are so happy to read such a great review about The Hearth at Southbury! Your recommendation means so much to us and we're so happy to have earned it. Thank you again for taking the time to let the world know about your positive experience. Have a great day!

October 05, 2016

By Gayle776041

I like The Hearth at Southbury very much; that one was my second choice. It’s a younger clientele ,and they are very busy; people are walking in the hallways. I like the rooms as it is like an apartment. The people were very friendly, and the location just a little bit off for me, so I have to decide.

Thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback. We are happy that you had a positive experience visiting The Hearth at Southbury. Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions or need any assistance while making your senior living decision. Sincerely, Mary Wehrberger, Executive Director

September 30, 2016

By D.G.348815

The Hearth at Southbury is a very nice property. I think it is very professional and very well done. The woman who showed us through was very good. It was a very productive visit. In terms of serving the needs that are at hand, it's a very possible candidate. The rooms were good, but they were a little small.

Thank you for your feedback. We are glad that you had a nice visit with us here at The Hearth at Southbury. Please contact me if you have any questions or need any assistance during your search for assisted living. Sincerely, Mary Wehrberger, Executive Director.

July 31, 2013

By Marlene5

It was a very nice facility. Their activities were fine. They had an art studio and they had a lounge. They showed movies there. They had lots of programs. They had fitness programs and they even had a belly- dancing program. They had transportation that would take them anywhere they wanted to go.

April 17, 2013

By Gianna

My family and I could not be more happy with the experience we had at, The Hearth. My mom has passed but the last 3 years of her life she made new friends at The Hearth. The staff and residents there are our family now and always will be.

February 26, 2013

By uctopdogs

Very professional staff- beautiful facilities - great care for my mom-

Independent Living Reviews for The Hearth at Southbury

Questions about The Hearth at Southbury

What ongoing training does the staff receive in dementia care?

Upon hire and annual dementia training.

What places are near The Hearth at Southbury or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

Shopping, movies, farmers market.

What transportation services does The Hearth at Southbury offer to assisted living residents?

7 days a week transportation to medical appointments, places of worship, local shopping and other events

What safety features or security measures does The Hearth at Southbury offer to assisted living residents?

Emergency call system. Community front door is secured overnight.

If The Hearth at Southbury accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

Walking paths, sidewalks, grassy areas.

What places are nearby for independent living residents to enjoy?

Shopping, movies, farmers market.

What are some recent off-site events that the community activity director at The Hearth at Southbury has organized?

Restaurants, movies, museums.

What transportation services does The Hearth at Southbury offer to independent living residents?

7 days a week transportation to medical appointments, houses of worship, local shopping and other events.

What common areas are available for independent living residents?

Sitting areas, pub, restaurant, billiards room.

What safety features or security measures does The Hearth at Southbury offer to independent living residents?

Emergency call system.

Walking paths, sidewalks, grassy areas.

Does The Hearth at Southbury work with an agency or registry to provide nursing and medical assistance as needed?

What safety features or security measures does The Hearth at Southbury provide to protect residents who wander?

Secured unit.

Registered nurses evaluate all residents every 120 days or if there is a change in condition.

Costs for The Hearth at Southbury

Photos of The Hearth at Southbury

Services and Amenities of The Hearth at Southbury

• Licenses: CT

About The Hearth at Southbury

At The Hearth at Southbury, we offer the opportunity to enjoy all the comforts of home without any of the stress of home maintenance. We designed our community to take care of all your needs so that you are free to enjoy life at it's finest. They say that home is where the heart is and at The Hearth at Southbury, we have put our heart into making you feel at home, a home in which our residents may age gracefully in place.

The Hearth provides the area's top care programs, activities, and services at a price point that creates an unparalleled value. Nestled on 19 scenic acres, The Hearth at Southbury is within walking distance to shopping, restaurants, and only a short drive away from the Kettletown State Park on the eastern shore of the Housatonic River.

At The Hearth at Southbury, we offer a complete range of senior living options to meet your needs and exceed your expectations. From independent living for those who want to enjoy an active, fulfilling life without the worries of home maintenance, to assisted living and memory care for those who require a little extra support—it's all designed to help you Live More and achieve wellness in every aspect of your life. Here, you'll enjoy gracious living, engaging activities and delicious Hearth-Healthy dining options.

The Hearth at Southbury offers access to staff 24 hours a day, licensed nursing available around the clock, individualized case management, onsite physical and occupational therapies, wellness program, three nutritious meals in our elegant dining room, scheduled transportation, full access to all of our activities, an emergency call system and so much more.

Map of The Hearth at Southbury