White Oaks Manchester, CT

Reviews of White Oaks

Independent Living Reviews for White Oaks

June 20, 2021

By Dayna

The staff at White Oaks was not only friendly but accommodating, and the layout was kind of the environment that I know my mom and dad would be comfortable in. The rooms themselves had patios, which were really nice. It was something where my mom would not feel so confined, so having a patio was a big aspect of why we really liked that place. They were very accommodating. There were two people that walked around with us and they answered our questions. One thing I liked about it was that they had a driver that was available to take my parents to doctors' appointments on Tuesday and Thursday. It was a big piece, too, in making sure that they would have transportation to their appointments, and not only that, they offered trips, too. My mom is a huge fan of the casinos, and obviously right now with COVID they can't do much, but they had trips to the casinos. There are things that are really appealing that I know my mom and dad would really like. However, one of their commons rooms, which was a big room where everyone can congregate, was not as clean, modern, or welcoming as the other ones.

January 03, 2021

By William

We have decided on White Oaks in Manchester for me and my wife because it's close to us and our family. The staff seems to be very nice and they take care of the meals and everything. There's plenty of rooms and they are clean. The dining area looked very nice. They have social distancing. They don't have a pool, but I believe they have a gym and a pool table and lots of things to do. The place looks good and it has an elevator. They seem to be very caring and polite.

November 07, 2020

By Lisa

Our tour at White Oaks was very good, it was very nice. They had entertainment and they had food services. We weren't able to try the food because it was COVID restricted. I only had interaction with one staff person and she was perfectly fine. The apartments were small, and they were a little more dated and a little worn down.

May 05, 2020

By Yvette

My mother is in White Oaks. I like it. It's very clean, the people are very friendly, and they offer what they said they would. The apartments are nice. I have no complaints. They have bingo night, outings three times a week, and other activities. I've dined there a couple of times, and the food is good. There are lots of things to do to keep them busy. It's just a little pricy.

Hi Yvette, thank you for your review! Our goal is to have happy residents and family members so your feedback is very important. Thank you.

October 03, 2019

By Kevin

My dad has adjusted well after moving to White Oaks. The reason we chose this community was because they had independent living. We compared this place to another independent living place, but the difference is around $2,000. So far White Oaks have been great. They have taken care of all his concerns and our concerns and will continute to do so until he's adjusted. Overall, they're fantastic. I had one meal there and I thought that it was very good. My father is a little picky considering that the food is bland at times but, you know, just add salt and pepper. The biggest complaint I witnessed first hand is that lunch takes a long time. We were probably there for lunch for an hour and a half. I would rate the cleanliness a four because he has a cleaning woman once a week, but when she was on vacation all of a sudden his room didn't get cleaned for a week. He hasn't really taken advantage of the activities yet. The only thing he has done so far was go to the casino, which he thought was great.

April 08, 2019

By Magda

White Oaks was a beautiful place. Everything was very clean and there was no dust in the corners. It was very friendly and beautiful, and everything was included. The rooms were very nice and an adequate size. You could get a queen bed in the bedroom with dressers. The only thing I didn't like about it was you couldn't cook your own meals because there was no stove in the kitchen. The food looked nicely presented. There's plenty of things to do and you wouldn't be bored. The staff is very pleasant and friendly.

October 31, 2018

By Teri

I liked White Oaks. It was nice, clean, and seemed very well-organized. The person who showed me around was very helpful, and I learned a lot about assisted living. The dining area was very nice and they had a little coffee area. They have a TV room. The location is phenomenal.

August 30, 2017

By Tina

White Oaks was good. I was pleased with the cleanliness and most of the staff. It's a fairly new establishment with new management. They have been pretty good on their word and have rectified mistakes, so I'm happy with it. They claim that they have healthy meals, but they sometimes give sandwiches during dinner, so the food could be better. There's many different apartment options and we chose the 1-bedroom unit. It has its own bedroom, a living room, kitchenette area, and a bathroom. They have been very good and accommodating to her. I can look past the negative aspects because the care is good and she's happy there.

January 30, 2017

By resident466688

We visited White Oaks and decided that it fit the needs perfectly for my mother. It's a very lively, up-to-date community of seniors interacting with other seniors. The average age is about 74. The apartments we saw were beautiful and had balconies and patios. She is moving into a studio apartment with her own door to a balcony that overlooks a beautiful courtyard. The staff showed us the apartment types that we wanted to see and brought us on a tour around the entire building to show the amenities, which included a beauty salon, a library, a chapel, game room, dining room, and more. We experienced lunch, and the food was delicious. My mother is looking forward to moving here.

June 10, 2016

By Katie036444

At Manchester Senior Living White Oaks, the rooms were done very nicely. In many rooms, people had a lot of their own painting or pictures, which I thought was really good for them to be able to bring things with them. We just didn’t think it was a good fit for us.

June 08, 2016

By Brian756208

White Oaks is very clean and three minutes away from my house. The people that run the place are fantastic, and the staff goes out of their way to make themselves available whenever the residents need them. The dining area is very clean, and the servers are so accommodating to everybody. They have a salon, a chapel, a library, movie nights, and activities every day. I would highly recommend this place to anybody. The people are so welcoming and so nice, and it was an easy choice. The staff went out of their way to make the parents feel welcome, and they do a fabulous job. My parents had an issue with the cable TV while I was there and the manager personally went down there and spent 45 minutes on the phone getting it fixed.

May 10, 2016

By BobPXXYH

I visited White Oaks. It was very nice facility, and we had a very nice visit. Unfortunately, I thought my parents had progressed beyond the point where they weren’t going to be looking at independent living and would probably need assisted living. The staff was excellent, very knowledgeable, and very friendly. The rooms were very nice as well. We were able to see the dining room, but we did not have time to try the food. The dining room was very nice, very clean, and looked great.

November 29, 2015

By Preston2

I was impressed with White Oaks and liked the owner's (Holiday Retirement) philosophy. They really catered to the elderly. The rooms were very nice and well kept. The activities were geared toward the elderly with group activities like card playing. They have outdoor activities and go places.

October 30, 2015

By Maurizio

White Oaks is really great; I was impressed. I like the people and the facilities. I like the proximity to everything that I know. It looks like the couple of people that live over there are more like my type and my style. The people that I saw there were well-maintained people; I didn’t smell any odors. The dining room is great, nice, and clean. I enjoyed the visit.

June 30, 2015

I visited White Oaks, which is in my neighborhood. The staff were very accommodating. The nice thing about the apartments was they each had a balcony or a patio. The dining area looked very nice.

May 29, 2015

My uncle is now ready to move in at White Oaks, and we chose this place for price and location. Also, the people were excellent, especially a woman named Ador -- she’s my contact person there. He has a 1-bedroom apartment with its own kitchen, living room, bathroom, and bedroom. My uncle has been there to sample the food, and he said it has been very good. I would recommend the facility.

October 25, 2014

It was pretty good. I believe it was White Oaks. The gentleman that took me around was very courteous, and he explained everything fully to me. The surroundings were clean. The rooms were beautiful and spacious. The only thing is my income won’t let me go into the community. What was described to me was very nice.

December 17, 2013

By Hmmmmmmm?

My family member has lived there several years. Quality seems to have deteriorated. The current managers are warm on the surface, but difficult especially to employees. The good chef was fired last year and replaced with months of temporaries. Food now is scanty and low quality. The goal seems to be outward appearance rather than real concern for the residents. Hopefully new managers will be appointed who will restore the previous warm environment.

Hello, thank you for taking the time to rate and review our community. We appreciate you sharing this feedback. We hope to get a second chance to show you how great our leadership is. Thank you

November 21, 2013

White Oaks was a beautiful facility. It was very clean. My parent thought it was a wonderful place as far as cleanliness and friendliness. There were plants and benches to sit on in front. It was a pristine-looking place and it was homey. It was also too expensive. It was unaffordable for her budget. A two-bedroom was almost like $5000 a month and to go in a little apartment for that much money, I would have to say no. I also asked them what happens if she runs out of money, they said she would have to leave but they'll try to find her some place. That's not good. Older people don't want to move, they want to find a place that they're going to enjoy and it's a trauma for them to move. We were invited to White Oaks for a 100-year-old birthday party there. It was for one of their lady residents. The food was very good. You can tell that their chef really loves to cook. There was also a man who was hired to sing at that time and it was really nice. They also have their own bus for them to do things. Regarding their staff, my parent liked them. They were very nice. As a whole, if people can afford it, White Oaks would be an ideal place.

September 17, 2013

By Caring from Connecticut1

White Oaks is absolutely beautiful. I like best how clean it was and how friendly the people there were. The rooms seemed adequate for my needs. I would definitely recommend them because they have everything that a senior would need. I like it very, very much, it is just way above my income.

August 28, 2013

By White Flower

White Oaks is just an exceptionally well-maintained facility. The management was very warm and welcoming. They spent a lot of time with me touring the facility and answering my questions. They have even kept in recent communication with me about where it stands with my parents. They have been very supportive to us. I felt very strongly that they were a very caring and supportive community.

August 24, 2013

By kim30

My mother-in-law lives at the White Oaks independent in Manchester Ct. The staff is amazing with all the residents and are very aware of each of their needs. They all have gone above and beyond for our entire family. The whole place is very clean and absolutely beautiful. They have over 150 residents and all the managers and every staff member knows each of their names. That is a wonderful feeling for anyone but especially elderly. My mother-in-law is 94 and felt comfortable there from day 1. I would be hard-pressed to find a complaint about this place.

November 18, 2011

By Yankee1

Lots of flash, no substance. Food quality is just adequate

Hello, thank you for your review. We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback on our community.

Questions about White Oaks

Describe the overall population of independent living residents at White Oaks. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

What transportation services does White Oaks offer to independent living residents?

What makes the chef or dining program at White Oaks exceptional? What kind of menu can independent living residents expect?

What common areas are available for independent living residents?

What safety features or security measures does White Oaks offer to independent living residents?

If White Oaks accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

Does White Oaks work with an agency or registry to provide nursing and medical assistance as needed?

Costs for White Oaks

Photos of White Oaks

Services and Amenities of White Oaks

• Housing Extra: Hardwood, Individual Climate Control, Safety Rails In Bathroom, Telephone Hookup

• Dining Extra: Private Dining Room, Resident Kitchen

• Hiking Trails
  • Features Extra: Laundry Room For Use, Chapel, Library, Locked Mailboxes, Elevator

• Technology Extra: Business Center, Wi Fi In Common Areas

• Activities Extra: Billiard Lounge, Game Room, Activity Room

• Pets: Most Pets Allowed

About White Oaks

White Oaks is located in Manchester, CT, providing a vibrant backdrop for your new life as a valued member of our caring community.

So come to White Oaks for a visit...and stay!

Map of White Oaks