Village Gate of Farmington

Reviews of Village Gate of Farmington

Independent Living Reviews for Village Gate of Farmington

November 26, 2018

By Genette

I liked everything at Village Gate of Farmington. I thought it was nice. It seems to me that they have things to keep you busy, and I like that. The apartments were clean and spacious, and the dining area was nice. To me, it's really a very nice place and I would rate it a ten.

June 20, 2018

By Debbie

Village Gate of Farmington was a lovely setting with well-kept grounds. The faculty seemed very friendly and personable. We liked it. From what we could see of the interaction among the residents in the dining room, it seemed very bright and cheerful. The rooms were larger than a lot of the facilities we looked at. It was light and bright. It had a laundry facility in the apartment, which was very important to us. We liked the apartments very much.

January 17, 2018

By Richard

I liked everything about Village Gate, but it was too large and sprawling for my wife. The main thing was the whole access going into the building turned us off. You have to walk around the side to a ramp and then go all the way back to the front door. They showed us a 1-bedroom and a 2-bedroom apartment. The 2-bedroom was very nice with a fairly large living room, an eating area, a full kitchen, two big bedrooms, two big bathrooms, and a laundry utility closet. They have an area for painting, a music room, an exercise room, a big theater, and a computer lab. We also had an excellent meal there.

May 09, 2017

By Happy Visitor054230

The rooms at Village Gate of Farmington were nice and clean. The staff members were friendly. I sat with a couple of residents at the dining table who were friendly and nice, too. The dining room was clean and had nice food.

March 31, 2017

By Audrey412774

The rooms at Village Gate of Farmington were attractive; it was all apartment living and seemed like a nice place to live. The dining area was very attractive, but we were not able to try the food. They had various amenities.

December 17, 2016

By Jane821162

The rooms at Village Gate of Farmington were acceptable. They had a game room and several nice seating areas by the fountain. The food was very good, and the staff was wonderful.

October 06, 2016

By Steven404201

Village Gate of Farmington was nice, but it didn’t have all the services I need for assisted living. Very pleasant if it was the right match for the person. The rooms were fine but small. The grounds were very well maintained, and the location was great.

June 28, 2016

By Susan714020

Village Gate of Farmington was very nice. The people who showed us around were very nice. It seemed like a very good, home-like environment that had lots of activities. The rooms and apartments were very nice and of a good size. The grounds were nice and pleasant. The location was good. Pricing was like $4,500 a month for one person and I think another $1,000 for another person, which seemed reasonable. It was a little dated and not brand new. The girl who showed us around was very nice and helpful and really enjoyed what she was doing. The place just looked a little tired. The wrought-iron fence needed to be painted and was rusted. There was a big pile of cigarettes on one of the decks and it looked like someone was spending a lot of time out there smoking cigarettes.

August 27, 2015

My loved one is in Village Gate Farmington. I am happy with it. Everything has been good. The rooms and the facilities are good. They have really nice people.

June 23, 2015

By x127403

Be aware that smoking to allowed in residents rooms and the second hand smoke travels to other rooms via the range hood duct work. Management has been notified about this NUMEROUS times, but NOTHING was done. Nice place if you like to breath second hand cigarette smoke.

May 06, 2015

I think Village Gate is excellent for the folks who lived there. The service that you get in the dining room is excellent, and it doesn't look like a cafeteria or anything at all. It looks like a real fancy dining room or a nice restaurant. And the caregivers seem to be very involved in the people who are there. I have only seen a studio apartment, and it was OK for one person.

April 27, 2015

Village Gate is nice but not as new. The grounds were really nice and well kept. I didn't get the chance to see the rooms because I had an emergency, and I had to leave, but the lady that we spoke to when we first got there was very nice. She even called me afterwards to see if my emergency was OK so she is very nice. Village Gate is in a very good location too.

October 31, 2014

By Judy95868450

My sister is at Village Gate. It is like a residential hotel. It is a big building with individual apartments. The staff is great. They're wonderful, i.e., the dining room staff and the management. My sister has been there for 30 months now. It seems the longer she is there, the happier she is because she is adjusting. In the beginning, she was not so happy and wanted to go, but now if I talked about going, she tells me how great it is. They have loads of activities. They have guest speakers, guest artists, people that come in and play music, and all sorts of things. They have numerous things there. They're all very well done.

March 27, 2014

Village Gate was very nice. The room layout was very nice and a good size, but it's totally independent living. The staff was great. They were wonderful people. The food was very good. However, it was far away from me.

February 27, 2014

By Paul28

My parents move in to Village Gate. It has a terrific rate. It is a really nice open place, which is very clean and well kept. When you walk in, there is big open reading area. The managers are always there because they live on site. They serve coffee for meals and take care of every concern. They are very friendly and helpful. The food is really good and it has tons of activities.

February 14, 2014

By caring1434

We found Village Gate for my mom and she’s moving there. It was a couple of miles from my house and it was very nice. The staff seemed fine and they have activities all day long. The rooms were very nice and very spacious.

December 20, 2013

By LeeAnn3

Village Gate in Farmington was a wonderful facility when my mother-in-law was in their facility. It was an easy transition and I liked the idea of Managers on Duty that life there themselves. They knew all of their residents and they all got personalized service which we were so grateful for. We knew she was safe in that facility.

December 01, 2013

Village Gate is really nice, but too expensive at the moment. The place is like a resort.

November 28, 2013

By Robert74304350

Village Gate was very beautiful. It was also a big facility. They did have a lot of different entertainment for their residents. They would provide two meals a day. If you don't like the ironing and stuff like that, you could get somebody in to do those as well. However, one thing they don't do was provide long-term care.

November 27, 2013

By Barbarra1

My in-laws moved to Village Gate at Farmington and they liked it very much. The facility is nice and they feel that the food is better. They just liked the whole place a lot better. The rooms were large and the people there are so nice.

August 27, 2013

By Paul1740

I visited Village Gate. The facility looked modern. Their rooms also looked up-to-date. People working there were nice.

June 29, 2012

By farmgirl1

The facility is very beautiful. People living here get a cute little living area, a bedroom area, a galley style kitchen and a bathroom. There is plenty of storage and the rooms are set up well to display pictures and memorabilia that would be important to these people. It had great food, and the dining staff was very nice. They were very respectful to the residents and made them feel at home. They came in and gave medication, and other things, and were very polite and knew each resident well. The woman I went to see, they knew the names of the family members on the wall and were very sweet to her. It is a very secure place, with a sign in at the door, and people all around, it is not hard to find staff members when you need them. There is a cute hair dresser inside, that the woman I would see loved! She was so sweet and provided them with all the thrills of a salon. The porch out front for residents to sit on was also very cute, and a great idea to get residents some fresh air.

Costs for Village Gate of Farmington

Photos of Village Gate of Farmington

Services and Amenities of Village Gate of Farmington

• Housing Extra: Handicap Barrier Free Units Available, Hardwood, Individual Climate Control, Safety Rails In Bathroom, Telephone Hookup, Washer Dryer Hookup

• Dining Extra: Private Dining Room, Resident Kitchen

• Hiking Trails
  • Features Extra: Laundry Room For Use, Chapel, Library, Locked Mailboxes, Elevator, Storage Space, Parking: Private

• Technology Extra: Business Center, Wi Fi In Common Areas

• Activities Extra: Billiard Lounge, Game Room, Activity Room

• Pets: Most Pets Allowed

About Village Gate of Farmington

Village Gate of Farmington is located in Farmington, CT, providing a vibrant backdrop for your new life as a valued member of our caring community.

So come to Village Gate of Farmington for a visit...and stay!

Map of Village Gate of Farmington