Village Gate of Farmington

Village Gate of Farmington (800) 385-2527

Reviews of Village Gate of Farmington

Independent Living Reviews for Village Gate of Farmington

August 27, 2015

My loved one is in Village Gate Farmington. I am happy with it. Everything has been good. The rooms and the facilities are good. They have really nice people.

June 23, 2015

By x127403

Be aware that smoking to allowed in residents rooms and the second hand smoke travels to other rooms via the range hood duct work. Management has been notified about this NUMEROUS times, but NOTHING was done. Nice place if you like to breath second hand cigarette smoke.

May 06, 2015

I think Village Gate is excellent for the folks who lived there. The service that you get in the dining room is excellent, and it doesn't look like a cafeteria or anything at all. It looks like a real fancy dining room or a nice restaurant. And the caregivers seem to be very involved in the people who are there. I have only seen a studio apartment, and it was OK for one person.

April 27, 2015

Village Gate is nice but not as new. The grounds were really nice and well kept. I didn't get the chance to see the rooms because I had an emergency, and I had to leave, but the lady that we spoke to when we first got there was very nice. She even called me afterwards to see if my emergency was OK so she is very nice. Village Gate is in a very good location too.

October 31, 2014

By Judy95868450

My sister is at Village Gate. It is like a residential hotel. It is a big building with individual apartments. The staff is great. They're wonderful, i.e., the dining room staff and the management. My sister has been there for 30 months now. It seems the longer she is there, the happier she is because she is adjusting. In the beginning, she was not so happy and wanted to go, but now if I talked about going, she tells me how great it is. They have loads of activities. They have guest speakers, guest artists, people that come in and play music, and all sorts of things. They have numerous things there. They're all very well done.

March 27, 2014

Village Gate was very nice. The room layout was very nice and a good size, but it's totally independent living. The staff was great. They were wonderful people. The food was very good. However, it was far away from me.

February 27, 2014

By Paul28

My parents move in to Village Gate. It has a terrific rate. It is a really nice open place, which is very clean and well kept. When you walk in, there is big open reading area. The managers are always there because they live on site. They serve coffee for meals and take care of every concern. They are very friendly and helpful. The food is really good and it has tons of activities.

February 14, 2014

By caring1434

We found Village Gate for my mom and she’s moving there. It was a couple of miles from my house and it was very nice. The staff seemed fine and they have activities all day long. The rooms were very nice and very spacious.

December 20, 2013

By LeeAnn3

Village Gate in Farmington was a wonderful facility when my mother-in-law was in their facility. It was an easy transition and I liked the idea of Managers on Duty that life there themselves. They knew all of their residents and they all got personalized service which we were so grateful for. We knew she was safe in that facility.

December 01, 2013

Village Gate is really nice, but too expensive at the moment. The place is like a resort.

November 28, 2013

By Robert74304350

Village Gate was very beautiful. It was also a big facility. They did have a lot of different entertainment for their residents. They would provide two meals a day. If you don't like the ironing and stuff like that, you could get somebody in to do those as well. However, one thing they don't do was provide long-term care.

November 27, 2013

By Barbarra1

My in-laws moved to Village Gate at Farmington and they liked it very much. The facility is nice and they feel that the food is better. They just liked the whole place a lot better. The rooms were large and the people there are so nice.

August 27, 2013

By Paul1740

I visited Village Gate. The facility looked modern. Their rooms also looked up-to-date. People working there were nice.

June 29, 2012

By farmgirl1

The facility is very beautiful. People living here get a cute little living area, a bedroom area, a galley style kitchen and a bathroom. There is plenty of storage and the rooms are set up well to display pictures and memorabilia that would be important to these people. It had great food, and the dining staff was very nice. They were very respectful to the residents and made them feel at home. They came in and gave medication, and other things, and were very polite and knew each resident well. The woman I went to see, they knew the names of the family members on the wall and were very sweet to her. It is a very secure place, with a sign in at the door, and people all around, it is not hard to find staff members when you need them. There is a cute hair dresser inside, that the woman I would see loved! She was so sweet and provided them with all the thrills of a salon. The porch out front for residents to sit on was also very cute, and a great idea to get residents some fresh air.

Costs for Village Gate of Farmington

Photos of Village Gate of Farmington

Services and Amenities of Village Gate of Farmington

• Dining Extra: Private Dining Room

• Hiking Trails

• About Village Gate of Farmington

Village Gate of Farmington is located in Farmington, CT, providing a vibrant backdrop for your new life as a valued member of our caring community.

So come to Village Gate of Farmington for a visit...and stay!

Map of Village Gate of Farmington