Village Gate of Farmington

Reviews of Village Gate of Farmington

Independent Living Reviews for Village Gate of Farmington

July 25, 2019

By TC

My mother's apartment at Village Gate of Farmington is big and beautiful. We just love it. Everybody is just nice and wonderful. My mom has a lovely full kitchen, dishwasher, refrigerator, stove, lots of closet space, a storage unit in the basement, a huge bedroom, and a huge living room. She has a washer and dryer right her apartment. The first day she was there I asked her how her day was, and she told me, "It was wonderful, it is like heaven, I just love it." You can't get better than that.

November 26, 2018

By Genette

I liked everything at Village Gate of Farmington. I thought it was nice. It seems to me that they have things to keep you busy, and I like that. The apartments were clean and spacious, and the dining area was nice. To me, it's really a very nice place and I would rate it a ten.

June 20, 2018

By Debbie

Village Gate of Farmington was a lovely setting with well-kept grounds. The faculty seemed very friendly and personable. We liked it. From what we could see of the interaction among the residents in the dining room, it seemed very bright and cheerful. The rooms were larger than a lot of the facilities we looked at. It was light and bright. It had a laundry facility in the apartment, which was very important to us. We liked the apartments very much.

January 17, 2018

By Richard

I liked everything about Village Gate, but it was too large and sprawling for my wife. The main thing was the whole access going into the building turned us off. You have to walk around the side to a ramp and then go all the way back to the front door. They showed us a 1-bedroom and a 2-bedroom apartment. The 2-bedroom was very nice with a fairly large living room, an eating area, a full kitchen, two big bedrooms, two big bathrooms, and a laundry utility closet. They have an area for painting, a music room, an exercise room, a big theater, and a computer lab. We also had an excellent meal there.

May 09, 2017

By Happy Visitor054230

The rooms at Village Gate of Farmington were nice and clean. The staff members were friendly. I sat with a couple of residents at the dining table who were friendly and nice, too. The dining room was clean and had nice food.

March 31, 2017

By Audrey412774

The rooms at Village Gate of Farmington were attractive; it was all apartment living and seemed like a nice place to live. The dining area was very attractive, but we were not able to try the food. They had various amenities.

December 17, 2016

By Jane821162

The rooms at Village Gate of Farmington were acceptable. They had a game room and several nice seating areas by the fountain. The food was very good, and the staff was wonderful.

August 27, 2015

My loved one is in Village Gate Farmington. I am happy with it. Everything has been good. The rooms and the facilities are good. They have really nice people.

May 06, 2015

I think Village Gate is excellent for the folks who lived there. The service that you get in the dining room is excellent, and it doesn't look like a cafeteria or anything at all. It looks like a real fancy dining room or a nice restaurant. And the caregivers seem to be very involved in the people who are there. I have only seen a studio apartment, and it was OK for one person.

March 27, 2014

It was very nice. The room layout was very nice and a good size, but it's totally independent living. The staff was great. They were wonderful people. The food was very good. However, it was far away from me.

February 14, 2014

By caring1434

We found it for my mom and she’s moving there. It was a couple of miles from my house and it was very nice. The staff seemed fine and they have activities all day long. The rooms were very nice and very spacious.

December 20, 2013

By LeeAnn3

Village Gate in Farmington was a wonderful facility when my mother-in-law was in their facility. It was an easy transition and I liked the idea of Managers on Duty that life there themselves. They knew all of their residents and they all got personalized service which we were so grateful for. We knew she was safe in that facility.

December 01, 2013

It is really nice, but too expensive at the moment. The place is like a resort.

November 28, 2013

By Robert74304350

Village Gate was very beautiful. It was also a big facility. They did have a lot of different entertainment for their residents. They would provide two meals a day. If you don't like the ironing and stuff like that, you could get somebody in to do those as well. However, one thing they don't do was provide long-term care.

November 27, 2013

By Barbarra1

My in-laws moved to Village Gate at Farmington and they liked it very much. The facility is nice and they feel that the food is better. They just liked the whole place a lot better. The rooms were large and the people there are so nice.

June 29, 2012

By farmgirl1

The facility is very beautiful. People living here get a cute little living area, a bedroom area, a galley style kitchen and a bathroom. There is plenty of storage and the rooms are set up well to display pictures and memorabilia that would be important to these people. It had great food, and the dining staff was very nice. They were very respectful to the residents and made them feel at home. They came in and gave medication, and other things, and were very polite and knew each resident well. The woman I went to see, they knew the names of the family members on the wall and were very sweet to her. It is a very secure place, with a sign in at the door, and people all around, it is not hard to find staff members when you need them. There is a cute hair dresser inside, that the woman I would see loved! She was so sweet and provided them with all the thrills of a salon. The porch out front for residents to sit on was also very cute, and a great idea to get residents some fresh air.

Costs for Village Gate of Farmington

Photos of Village Gate of Farmington

Services and Amenities of Village Gate of Farmington

• Housing Extra: Handicap Barrier Free Units Available, Hardwood, Individual Climate Control, Safety Rails In Bathroom, Telephone Hookup, Washer Dryer Hookup

• Dining Extra: Private Dining Room, Resident Kitchen

• Hiking Trails
  • Features Extra: Laundry Room For Use, Chapel, Library, Locked Mailboxes, Elevator, Storage Space, Parking: Private

• Technology Extra: Business Center, Wi Fi In Common Areas

• Activities Extra: Billiard Lounge, Game Room, Activity Room

• Pets: Most Pets Allowed

About Village Gate of Farmington

Village Gate of Farmington offers a warm, comfortable living environment for those looking to retire in a community that values their individuality and provides the services they need. The Village Gate of Farmington is located in Farmington, CT where the beautiful surroundings provide the perfect backdrop for a new life. Its staff take pleasure in getting to know each resident and look out for their comfort and happiness. Its chefs prepare three delicious meals each day, served in a beautiful dining room. It also provides housekeeping, linen services, fun and stimulating activities, off-site excursions, transportation to personal appointments and a variety of classes and programs. Residents are welcome to receive outside health care services from any provider of their choice as well as other amenities such as housekeeping and linen service. The Village Gate of Farmington is an excellent retirement community that will make life easier any way it can.

Map of Village Gate of Farmington