Cedar Woods

Reviews of Cedar Woods

Independent Living Reviews for Cedar Woods

June 01, 2012

By zippityd00dah

When you walk into Cedar Woods the hallways are very nice-looking. There's a grand piano in the foyer and coffee urns are available throughout the building. The staff were very friendly when we went with my granparents to sign the documents necessary to move into the apartment. My granparents were given a gift basket which was a nice touch. The staff seemed very accommodating, although they may have bitten off more than they could chew. They promised they could do things (such as wall-mounting a flat panel TV) without seeming to understand what they were promising to do. They did install a new handicapped accessible bathtub, and they also painted a couple of the walls red as my grandmother chose. I got to eat a few meals at Cedar Woods. I liked that the meals were served restaurant-style with waitstaff taking your order and bringing food to your table. Unfortunately the meals were kind of blah, and the coleslaw served with the pulled prok sandwich was definitely the worst I've had in my life. The facility has pull cords for emergencies and transportation is available on weekdays for an additional fee. Homecare aids must be contracted through an outside agency. Overall it's a nice enough place, but I don't think it's a good choice for senior citizens who require a lot of care.

Costs for Cedar Woods

Photos of Cedar Woods

Services and Amenities of Cedar Woods

• Dining Extra: Private Dining Room

• Hiking Trails

• About Cedar Woods

Cedar Woods is located in Branford, CT, providing a vibrant backdrop for your new life as a valued member of our caring community.

So come to Cedar Woods for a visit...and stay!

Map of Cedar Woods