Cedar Woods Branford, CT

Reviews of Cedar Woods

Independent Living Reviews for Cedar Woods

October 20, 2016

By Jennifer187416

Cedar Woods was a nice place, and everybody seemed happy there. Their dining room was fine and was just one open room with tables. The menu looked like they had good food and had good variety. I would definitely have my mom move there. One thing that they did which I liked is that they actually have somebody assigned to you that's there already so that when you're new, that person will come to your room and make sure you come down to the dining room and you know about the activities and where everything is so they're not just leaving new residents there to figure out whats going on on their own.

August 23, 2016

By Cathy109786750

I found a nice place for my cousin at Cedar Woods. It’s a beautiful place and eight miles from where I used to live. He wanted to keep his personal belongings. It’s a lovely three-room apartment for $3,000 a month in an excellent location for him.

August 22, 2016

By Theresa210781

I thought Cedar Woods was great. I wish I could get in there. It's fantastic. I like everything about it, like the food, the help, and the activities. The rooms were not gigantic, but they’re a good space and sufficient enough for one adult. They had a lot of activities. Nothing was going on, but they showed us what they have, like a game room, music night, and nights where they watch movies. There were a lot of things that they do, which I thought was great. They also had a bus to take you places you need to go.

June 16, 2015

By Mrs. TR

I would recommend Cedar Woods because of the exceptionally caring and compassionate management and staff there. Although the building is an older one, it is clean and the staff truly care about the individuals living at Cedar Woods, plus the cost is less than other places comparable. My mother currently lives at Cedar Woods and she hasn't been this happy since my father was alive! Thank you Cedar Woods!

July 19, 2014

The rooms at Cedar Woods are very spacious for my mom to move around in. It's an independent living facility. The grounds are nice, and it has local access to everything. We also like the rent because it's about half the price of going into an assisted living. They have a new management team that has taken over. She has only been there a week, and she's still trying to get used to the facility. The food is not the best, as they were having trouble with the chef, but hopefully that will improve. Aside from that, everything is very clean. The staff has been very friendly, and they are trying to make her happy.

May 10, 2014

Cedar Woods is excellent. The management is extremely caring and extended themselves to us above and beyond the call of duty. I saw their 2-bedroom guest suite, and it was beautiful. It looks like a regular apartment, not like an institutional apartment. The kitchen area is in a separate room. They have full range of activities. We are not residents, but we did participate in a football watching party. And that was fun. They have philosophy of ageing in place. So a person can move in there and live in their apartment the rest of their lives because they would bring in the services that person needs as they decline. It's an independent living community, but they have nursing care agencies on site, and there's always nursing staff there. So it's like the best of both worlds. And you can use the nursing staff in small increments of time, like 15 minutes at a time if that's all you need, for example, to give you your medication. Or you can use them for a lot more than that, so all the care that you would need is available there. But because they're licensed as an independent living facility, it's much more affordable to live there, in an apartment that looks like a nice, regular apartment. So you have all the social support and activities of assisted living, and you have the medical care. But it's priced affordably. And the management is very committed to the residents and in keeping them living as not-institutionally as possible.

June 01, 2012

By zippityd00dah

When you walk into Cedar Woods the hallways are very nice-looking. There's a grand piano in the foyer and coffee urns are available throughout the building. The staff were very friendly when we went with my granparents to sign the documents necessary to move into the apartment. My granparents were given a gift basket which was a nice touch. The staff seemed very accommodating, although they may have bitten off more than they could chew. They promised they could do things (such as wall-mounting a flat panel TV) without seeming to understand what they were promising to do. They did install a new handicapped accessible bathtub, and they also painted a couple of the walls red as my grandmother chose. I got to eat a few meals at Cedar Woods. I liked that the meals were served restaurant-style with waitstaff taking your order and bringing food to your table. Unfortunately the meals were kind of blah, and the coleslaw served with the pulled prok sandwich was definitely the worst I've had in my life. The facility has pull cords for emergencies and transportation is available on weekdays for an additional fee. Homecare aids must be contracted through an outside agency. Overall it's a nice enough place, but I don't think it's a good choice for senior citizens who require a lot of care.

Questions about Cedar Woods

Describe the overall population of independent living residents at Cedar Woods. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

What transportation services does Cedar Woods offer to independent living residents?

What makes the chef or dining program at Cedar Woods exceptional? What kind of menu can independent living residents expect?

What common areas are available for independent living residents?

What safety features or security measures does Cedar Woods offer to independent living residents?

If Cedar Woods accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

Does Cedar Woods work with an agency or registry to provide nursing and medical assistance as needed?

Costs for Cedar Woods

Photos of Cedar Woods

Services and Amenities of Cedar Woods

• Dining Extra: Private Dining Room, Resident Kitchen

• Hiking Trails
  • Features Extra: Laundry Room For Use, Library, Locked Mailboxes, Elevator, Parking: Private

• Technology Extra: Wi Fi In Common Areas

• Activities Extra: Billiard Lounge, Game Room, Activity Room

• Pets: Most Pets Allowed

About Cedar Woods

Cedar Woods is located in Branford, CT, providing a vibrant backdrop for your new life as a valued member of our caring community.

So come to Cedar Woods for a visit...and stay!

Map of Cedar Woods