Quincy Place

Reviews of Quincy Place

Independent Living Reviews for Quincy Place

July 11, 2021

By Sarah

My tour at Quincy Place was great. The facility was really nice, and it has a lot of windows; it just feels light and open. The people who work there are really passionate, and I think the staff was really accommodating to my family. I felt like they took a lot of time with us, and they're really trying to make sure it will be the right fit for her (rather than just trying to sell it). I really like the location. The overall feel of it felt really good, not like an elderly person home. It felt like there's more life, so I like that about it. They showed us a couple of units and asked us if we wanted any snacks. They said that if we wanted a meal, we could come back.

January 24, 2021

By Cody

I pretty much liked everything about Quincy Place. I couldn't see anybody in there though. I liked the balcony, I liked how it was open, and I liked that it was clean. It didn't look like some low-income facility, and that's what I'm trying to avoid. I didn't want to be living in a low-income place where you got all these people with issues. It looked nice and clean. I had no problem. They gave me a gift, which I really liked. It felt homey. They had an exercise area.

August 26, 2020

By magbob

The front desk staff and manager have been willing to go above and beyond from picking up stuff from my mom’s apartment to be donated to checking on her daily.

June 01, 2020

By PCLP

We visited two additional facilities prior to selecting this one for my mom. It was important to us for her to keep what her current independence is intact. We were greeted with friendly staff faces and smiles and those that we did meet, both staff and residents, seemed so kind. Things in life change and sadly we had to move my mom out. I loved this place for her and enjoyed visiting her weekly for our movies and sleepovers and dinner in the dining room, mingling with friends. The staff members that we know; Cody, Candie, Terri and Michaela are wonderful. They truly do care about their residents and their best interests and how they are doing. We will miss what time we spent here and wish nothing but the best to those we have come to know and consider, "friends".... :-)

We are sorry to see that your mother needed different care but could not be happier she enjoyed her time with us! Thank you taking the time to share your experience.

March 17, 2020

By GS

The staff at Quincy Place was fine. It's a community suited to someone much older and at a different stage than my friend. The person who gave me the tour was okay, and I don't have any negative views. The place looked clean and I don't think there's any concern about cleanliness. For the right person, the experience might have been better. Overall, I have a very positive impression of the place. They have a little space you can walk around which was nice, but it's nothing like the other community we visited.

Thank you for considering Quincy Place. We understand we may not be a great fit at the moment, but we appreciate you taking the time to leave us a great review.

July 02, 2019

By Vivian

We've lived in Quincy Place for more than 2 yrs now, it's independent living, and it's very nice. The staff is good, we have apartments, and there are lots of activities. We have meals three times a day, and there's ambulant service. We have bocce ball, therapy, and others. My room is beautiful with lots of air, lots of windows, and it's very bright and light. The dining area has windows all along one side. It's very light, has a lot of chairs, tables, and good food.

March 06, 2019

By Nick

The rooms at Quincy Place were good and very nice looking. The lady running it was good. They had some activities. The only thing disappointing was the library. The dining room was great and it was very big. The facility was well maintained.

July 06, 2018

By Visitor7295

I was treated very nice at Quincy Place. The guy who took me around was very nice and informative. It just seemed small, but what I liked about it were the meals and meal choices. They try to accommodate taste as well as diet plans. The lunch room was open and airy, with a lot of light, which I liked. They had an exercise room and buses to take you to shopping, doctor's appointments, on excursions, or out to eat.

April 30, 2018

By Marie

Quincy Place is pretty nice. My friend really likes the people, the activities, and her little apartment. She has a studio with a bathroom and a little balcony which she really likes, so she can sit outside. She is doing Bible study and got a prayer group going. She's very active in and enjoying the spiritual stuff. She says the food is good. The people were very nice.

November 20, 2017

By LS

The visit at Quincy Place was fine, but we did not like the community. The biggest reason was that it's a smoking facility, and when you walk in you can smell the smoke. They're allowed to smoke in the rooms and that was unappealing to us. It's also not nearly as new or clean as the other community we saw, which was a big deal to us. Their apartment was small with a teeny-tiny kitchenette. It felt like economy living and not apartment living. The staff was fine; the person who assisted us was very nice and helpful.

May 10, 2017

By DJ104384

Everybody seemed extremely nice at Quincy Place, and it looked like they were doing a nice job of taking care of residents. The dining area looked nice, and the studio room we toured was adequate. It looked like a fairly nice facility. The pricing was good, but the community fee seemed to be a little bit higher than some of the places we looked at. They have a workout area, and it looked like it would have fit my dad's needs for the most part. It was a little run-down and dated.

May 06, 2017

By A visitor217356

I toured Quincy Place, and I thought it was nice. The people seemed friendly, and it seemed like a location where you will be able to reach your person and get to them easily. You want the place to be centrally located, but you don’t want it to be so centrally located that it is hard to get to. Like there was one that was really difficult to navigate, which makes it hard when you are driving and trying to visit your person in your limited amount of time. But I didn’t find that with Quincy Place because it was conveniently located.

April 17, 2017

By Commons480010

Quincy Place was a nice place, but my mother might need a little more assistance because they only have medical personnel on-staff during the daytime hours. Otherwise, I liked the place. They had a nice central atrium, which was very bright and airy. I really enjoyed talking with a staff member. She was very open and honest about everything and told me about some additional economic assistance that might be available for my mother, as well as the costs.

March 04, 2017

By Amy714626

I loved Quincy Place but it's only independent living with no transition into assisted living, and that part is for older people. They do have on-site help, but it wasn't as much help as what we needed. Their rooms are good and decently sized. They have really good food and nice transportation. They also have tons of activities and things to do on-site, plus a barber shop.

November 06, 2016

By Cheryl868784

Quincy Place was good, and the rooms we saw were really nice. We saw the dining area, it was good, and the menu was nice. The staff was great, you get 24/7 help, and the location was very convenient. The price would be great if mother would not need assistance, but it would be a little high if she would need it.

October 10, 2016

By Wayne725315

I visited Quincy Place. It was just as nice as the other community. The amenities were just about the same. The staff was very kind and courteous as well. They all welcomed me with open arms when I visited there. The food and the accommodations were excellent.

October 06, 2016

By Michael750407

The common areas at Quincy Place weren’t quite as warm -- very spacious -- but just not my taste. A little bit hotelish. The dining room was large, spacious, and airy.

September 18, 2016

By John623512

My father in law moved at Quincy Place a week after we toured it. Everything was great, and everybody has been wonderful and helpful. We have absolutely nothing but good comments about them. They have some activities during the week; they play cards, and they have some games. I think once a month a musician comes in and they have a concert. They have also gone on a bus trips. Everything has been great. We have eaten there a few times, the food has been very good, and the service has been excellent.

September 01, 2016

By Christie723288

I visited Quincy Place. It was very nice, but my grandfather has decided to move in with me. They were very helpful, and the amenities were very nice. I thought the activities were fine.

August 23, 2016

By Craig085204

Quincy Place's staff was super accommodating and friendly. The place was like a 5-star hotel. It was really high class, super clean, and very large. There was somebody around to get help. I would stay in there, but with my medical problems, I couldn’t.

June 22, 2016

By Peter004083

Quincy Place is a retirement community and assisted living. The rooms are great. The dining room has menus.

March 31, 2016

By Lynn122005350

Quincy Place was very nice, well kept, and clean. The staff was nice and accommodating.

March 28, 2016

By K. Bigler

Quicy Place was our favorite. It was a warm and friendly, small community. Everyone loved each other and ate together. I liked the quality and the fact the manager lived in the facility, so they were always available. The dining area was great and had good food. It seemed like they had various activities.

February 22, 2016

By Tim B.

We decided to choose Quincy Place for my mom. I like the structure of the community, and the building looks quite appealing. It’s very clean and well maintained. I like that they have good food and amenities and because my mom is disabled, they bring her meals to her room if she is having a bad day.

February 15, 2016

By Visitor120246050

Quincy Place needs some upgrading in the building that I saw and was in. It looks like an old building that somebody slapped some new paint on a few years ago and that’s about it. I wasn’t too impressed from there. They told me they have activities, but they must not be too good because nobody was around. Everything was empty.

December 10, 2015

By Visitor6

Quincy Place was very good but too high-priced for me. The rooms were clean and neat. It seemed like they have dinners, shopping, and eating out.

August 08, 2015

By Gloria111324950

Quincy Place promised me a ride to get there, but they didn't have a car to pick me up. Also their rooms/apartments were awfully small and very expensive. I didn't get a chance to eat there. I was supposed to go there for lunch, but since nobody picked me up, my son took me there later, but lunch was over, so I didn't know about the food. They shouldn't tell people that they have a ride for them when they don't.

July 28, 2015

By Leigh4

Quincy Place was a really nice facility, but the apartments didn't have a stove in them. They had one bedroom and two bedrooms, and the price seemed to be reasonable. The food was really good. They had me eat lunch with them, and I liked it. They had all sorts of activities inside the facility as well as bus rides. They should have a kitchen for people who might like to cook. What impressed me was its very unique setup, and the people seemed to be very friendly.

June 19, 2015

By Dorothy109044450

Quincy Place was good. It was a really pretty place. It had wide hallways. They had exercises and jewelry classes.

March 27, 2015

Quincy Place is very nice and very good. The guy who took us around was really nice. I am not anywhere at this point needing it, but I went out and looked at one of them. It was way down near Colorado Springs, but the one my mother was in -- which is down on Broadway here in Denver -- is the same company. So I went out to that one and looked around it. It is very nice, and I got all the information. It is sort of a preemptive look at everything, and it is very nice. I noticed a lot of things, we looked in rooms, and we talked to people. At lunch time where everybody was eating lunch, people were talking all over the place. They were just having a nice time, so that is very nice. I really like the place. I thought I could live there and it could be a nice place. People were cheerful, and it seems to be a well-run place.

February 25, 2015

By Mary102700850

Quincy Place is an independent facility in Denver Colorado. The staff working there is very nice. I don't know if they were helpful because it is independent living and not assisted living. The price is very high though. The food is good, and they have a lot of activities. They lock their doors at eight o'clock at night, and it is difficult for people.

February 18, 2015

By Sonofavet

Clean, quiet, modern facility with good food. They take good care of my dad.

December 03, 2014

By Sandy46

Quincy Place was a little too modern for my taste, but well I chose it because I could smoke in my room, and they -- like every other place I looked at -- have the help with the physical conditions. They handle the sheets and the towels, clean the apartment, and they help with transportation -- those things that I need that I can’t do for myself anymore. I think the management is what I like best about it because I felt comfortable with them. I really didn’t care about the activities. I have a chronic neck condition, and there are things I can’t do physically, so I needed to find some place that could help me out with those things, and they could. Again, I could smoke there, which was a very important thing to me.

June 28, 2014

By Jayzie

Make sure your loved ones do not sign anything without having other family members present. They intice with inviting possible residents to a "show" then hit them with a high pressure sales. Once contract signed, it will cost close to $13,000 to get out of contract. Not upfront or honest. Terrible experience. Had to hire an attorney. They would not communicate with us at all or with the attorney.

Hi Jayzie, we regret to hear of your experience and are confident this does not represent our community as a whole. Our team is committed to communicating the terms of the contract prior to anything being signed. We appreciate your feedback. Thank you

May 30, 2014

I saw the Quincy Place. I found the people are friendly, and I thought it was very nice. I didn't find the rooms to be spacious or airy-feeling enough. The windows were not big, and it didn't impress me as being as light and bright. I hear that the food is very good. You didn't get the feeling that it was as updated as some of the others that I've seen. It was nice, but I wasn't as impressed.

May 20, 2014

Quincy Place is the best deal for my aunt and uncle. The room is about 800 sq. ft. It's a 1-bedroom with a kitchenette. The staff is wonderful. They have a lot of activities, but they really like bingo. They take an advantage of it. They have 3 meals a day, and they love it. Right now, I have not one thing bad to say about them.

March 27, 2014

By Collen1

Quincy Place impressed me the most. It had two floors. The reason why I couldn't forget them was because of how hospitable they were. They came and picked me up. They took me over there. I had lunch there, and the food was delicious. They had a menu, and they had an option of two different things to pick out. They would serve you salad at first, then the main dish, and they would come around with coffee if you wanted. Then they would bring you your dessert, which was so nice, and the dining room was beautiful. Then they took me on a tour, and they just took their time with me. They were just hospitable and nice people. The person who took me around, Jacob -- I had never met anybody like him. He was so personable. I felt at home and comfortable with them. The environment was excellent. It was just a nice place. They showed me the rooms, and I was interested in a studio. However, although the studio was within my financial reach, they were exceptionally small. It was only 300 square feet. I said "No. It's just too small. I would not be comfortable. If you ever had another one that would be bigger, I would be interested." They showed me the store they had downstairs. They showed me the activity room, and they were having activities when I went there. So, I was able to sit down and watch them. They also told me about their van that, if you had some place to go or doctor's appointment, the van would take you there and wait for you, then would bring you back. They also took seniors on tours within the week. They had an activity sheet that they passed out to everybody so that they would know what was going on for the month, and you could just pick out what you wanted to do. I was there for a good half a day. Then Jacob brought me home, and it was a wonderful day.

February 27, 2014

I was impressed with the people that we met at Quincy Place. They seemed very friendly and caring. They seemed nice and happy. The dining room was very nicely appointed. However, I wanted a place where you had more flexibility and everybody didn't have to eat at the same time. This one had everybody eating at the same time. The rooms were a bit on the small size than what we were looking for. The activities were not the kinds that my mother would be interested in. There were people doing bowling and she's really not a game person. She would be interested in lectures. However, it may sound funny, but the educational level of the people that we met there wasn't as high as my mother's educational level. I just thought it was not the right place for my mother.

January 29, 2014

The only thing positive about Quincy Place is that they keep the place very clean. When I first walk in here the people were just really nice, but after I got move in here I found out really how they were. They are not helpful. They don’t go anywhere near me. There's just one girl that cleans my place, I really like her. The housekeepers are really nice. My room is just small. There's no storage for me to put anything. The food is awful. I never participated in the activities so I don’t know anything about them, but they do have activities. They play cards and they go out on trips to the stores. What I like best about this facility is they got some nice residents that live here.

Hi there, thank you for taking the time to rate and review our community. We regret to hear that you were not satisfied with your experience, and are confident this does not represent our community as a whole. We hope to get another opportunity to show you how great our leadership is. Thank you

December 26, 2013

The Quincy Place has independent and limited assisted living. I could live there. This facility is in my price range. The floor plan arrangements are all relatively new and, overall, they're nicely arranged. Their dining room was really clean; however, the only problem with it was their floor plan. It was right by the front entrance and not out of the central traffic area. Beyond that, the rest of the facility was really nice. It was also clean enough. They have like three floors. They did have limited elevators because they would like to cater more to independent people. The marketing lady who took us around was sweet as she could be. She was also very smart, very polite and seemed to care.

October 18, 2013

By Dennis15

I like the ambiance here at Quincy Place. They have an atrium in the middle, it's really bright and nice. The room is adequate and big enough for me. It's well decorated. I really like it here. The residents are very nice and the staff is very helpful.

October 13, 2013

By Anne28

Quincy Place wasn't as good as I wanted it to be. Originally when I talked to them a couple of years ago, I thought that was the place I would be going to. Unfortunately, I was not enamored with it when I saw this facility personally. Their rooms were okay. The facility itself was bright and cheery, but it wasn't as nice as other facilities. I also didn't like their windows with the metal rim. With regards to the staff, we had to wait around to be accommodated. Anyhow, there was no availability at that time that was within my price range.

October 03, 2013

By Mark25

I stayed at Quincy Place and I had one bedroom with a balcony, bed and computer. I had three meals a day and the food was great. The manager and housekeeping staff were great. There were a lot of activities like bingo, poker, cards, exercise training, haircut, hand and foot massage, among others.

September 23, 2013

By Lydia5

I liked Quincy Place. They had a park nearby where I could walk around. They had a small kitchen with a microwave in every room. They had lots of activities and I would recommend them to others.

August 21, 2013

By Bobbye1

Quincy Place was a very nice place. The staff were really good and friendly. The food was excellent. They had bingo, movie night, people came for activities and spoke to the residents. I liked that you felt like there was always someone closeby, so it won't make you feel lonely or isolated.

August 11, 2013

By Denise8

Quincy Place is no longer just an Senior Independent Living Place, the are allowing people who should be in Assisted Care, or need even more than Assisted into the facility, and expecting the current residences to help. I am in the process of finding a new place for my parents to live, they moved there over a year ago, and everything was fine until the last 6 months. They have one elevator, and 80% of the residents now need the elevator, and it is not always in working order. How do they expect people who are confined to a wheel chair to get down to the dining room?

Hi Denise, thank you for your review and taking the time to share this feedback. We will take this feedback and look for ways to improve for both our residents and staff. Thank you

July 30, 2013

By perimyst

Very impressed by the warm, friendly, caring atmosphere with a sunny, happy look as opposed to the dark, dreary, sad atmosphere at several places I visited. Excellent food with 4 different choices for the entrée at the noontime meal. I have made the decision to move here.

June 25, 2013

By Hubert

We were not impressed with the food. You don't get to choose your menu and you have to eat what was served.

December 04, 2012

By Quincy has become a rip off.

Becoming expensive, rundown, more of a assisted living facility without assistance. They hire outside service and and it cost above and beyond. God forbid you go to the hospital and have to get home. The bus driver tells management when he and where he will drive. Food becoming sub par at best.

Hello, thank you for your review. We regret to hear that you were not completely satisfied with your experience at our community. We appreciate you taking the time to share this feedback, we are always looking for ways to improve. Thank you

May 19, 2012

By naunakaet

I thought that quincy place itself was a 3 star because the managers were very nice, the people were friendly and helpful but there were some issues. Like the ants in my grandmothers room that took the maintenence man 3 days to even get to. The leaking shower. Finally, after my grandfather passed and my grandmother was getting worse we hired a senior assisting company ( that worked within quincy place) to come to my grandmothers 24.7 and they cheated and lied about how often they came. The reason that I am marking quincy place down for this is because, they hired a company to service their residents if they needed help and in my opinion if they did their research on this "assisting" company they would have known it was a bad idea.

Questions about Quincy Place

Describe the overall population of independent living residents at Quincy Place. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

What transportation services does Quincy Place offer to independent living residents?

What makes the chef or dining program at Quincy Place exceptional? What kind of menu can independent living residents expect?

What common areas are available for independent living residents?

What safety features or security measures does Quincy Place offer to independent living residents?

If Quincy Place accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

Does Quincy Place work with an agency or registry to provide nursing and medical assistance as needed?

Costs for Quincy Place

Photos of Quincy Place

Services and Amenities of Quincy Place

• Dining Extra: Private Dining Room, Resident Kitchen

• Hiking Trails
  • Features Extra: Laundry Room For Use, Chapel, Library, Locked Mailboxes, Elevator, Parking: Covered

• Technology Extra: Business Center, Wi Fi In Common Areas

• Activities Extra: Billiard Lounge, Game Room, Activity Room

• Pets: Most Pets Allowed

About Quincy Place

Quincy Place is located in Denver, CO, providing a vibrant backdrop for your new life as a valued member of our caring community.

So come to Quincy Place for a visit...and stay!

Map of Quincy Place