Brookdale University Park

Reviews of Brookdale University Park

Assisted Living Reviews for Brookdale University Park

January 31, 2014

By Vicky6

We had my cousin in respite care at Heritage Club while we were waiting for an opening at another facility. They were very good. It was a nice facility. The rooms were really nice and well kept. The staff was really nice. They checked on my cousin and everything. We did eat there and the food was excellent. They had a good choice of meals. If they didn't like something that was on the menu, they could pick something else. One time, someone sitting near our table wanted something totally different from what they were having, but they accommodated her.

December 23, 2013

By Carolyn29

Heritage Club Denver was nice but they're way too expensive for my friend. However, you do get what you pay for there. The environment was like a hotel or a resort. It was also a clean facility. They did have different-sized rooms that you could choose from. Their staff was really nice. They were very attentive and very informative. During our visit, I did see a couple of residents in the computer playing games and others were sitting in the table reading, but they all looked happy.

September 22, 2013

By Bonnie22

It was very nice. They staff was also nice. Everything about it was beautiful. However, I didn't get the same warm feeling there that I got from the other facility that I visited.

September 11, 2013

Heritage Club Denver is in the neighborhood where my parents formerly lived. It was our second choice because we liked the location best, but the problem was it was more expensive and not as nice, but still nice. Also, you had to pay for everything extra. At the time of our tour, I saw that there were a lot of activities that residents participated in like creating artwork. The staff also interviewed us as to what my parents' needs were. They were very helpful and tried to provide us with information to make a choice there. The facility is a friendly place. It could meet some people's need; it just didn't meet my parent's needs just well.

June 13, 2013

Heritage Club Denver was a beautiful place. The grounds were very well-maintained. They had all kind of activities and amenities. They had an exercise room and they also offered transportation for residents there.

October 12, 2012

By Laurie32

The Heritage Club of Denver was the first and last place we visited when looking for a place for my mom to live. We fell in love with the facilities and the approach that the staff takes. There are plenty of activities for my mom to participate in and she loves her neighbors. The staff is extremely friendly and seems to really like what they do. The meals are prepared perfectly and my mom says she really enjoys the food there, even more than her own cooking. She also said that everyone there is very easy to get along with and she hasn't run into any problems. Everything and everyone is also very professional and caters to their residents' specific needs. We were so happy we found this place on the first try and would recommend it to anyone looking for an assisted living facility in the Denver area. Go and check them out!

July 27, 2011

By Caring199318

Overall, my mom likes the facility for the friendly people and staff !

Independent Living Reviews for Brookdale University Park

March 23, 2015

We went to Brookdale University Park and found it to be an energetic and lovely community. The apartments were the smallest of everything that we saw. The place was the most expensive of everything we saw, but mom really liked it. We saw an activity of a guest speaker coming in and talking on the Middle East. All of the residents were aware that mom was visiting. They recognized her as a new face, and they encouraged her to come and become a part of the community. They were a community that cared about new people coming in. Everybody spoke well of the community. It was a building that a community had been built tight around. The only negative to it was that the parking was a block away. It was an uncovered carport kind of thing. That was a negative because in the winter -- and Denver had winter -- you had to walk to your car, and that's not really good. Covered parking would be much better and would have been preferred. Other than the fact that the apartments themselves -- square footage wise -- were small, they were adequate, just the smallest, and we were looking at moving her from her home. However, everyone was lovely. It was still one of our top 3 choices which we would make in the future. We had a lovely meal. They invited us to stay and were very quick to make arrangements for us to eat dinner the night that we dropped in on them. The staff was very engaging. Many of them were young people, which was very refreshing. 17 and 18 year olds told us that they had been working there for 2 to 3 years. They loved the people, and planned to center their careers around seniors because they loved the richness of getting to know the people. Every staff member called residents by name.

March 14, 2015

We are in a facility right now, and Brookdale is very nice. The food is very good too. The people are friendly, the rooms are a good size -- the biggest that I found in the area. I would very recommend it.

February 22, 2015

I had a friend who lived at Brookdale University Park, and it was really a lovely facility. It is very nicely done and run. She showed me around, and it was really very nice. They were having a cocktail hour and playing cards, and they have an exercise facility, a beauty shop, and just about everything you would want.

February 27, 2014

By Clydelia

Heritage Club is right in my neighborhood. We've lived here for many years in this part of town. So that's very desirable to me. They have both assisted and independent living, and also a floor for people who need more care and help. I looked at a 2-bedroom, which was just fabulous. It was kind of in a tower with two beautiful windows looking right out the mountains. It had a huge closet. They have three elevators. They have an exercise room and a therapy room. They have companionship service, too. You can choose 30 meals a week, which is plenty. They have garage if you're still driving and you keep your cars. If you can't drive they have a bus that takes you around wherever you need to go. It's very close to my husband's bank, which is really nice. I like to walk and I need to walk because I have deteriorating pelvic bone. They do have a place to walk. The kitchen was small, although I don't intend to be cooking too many Christmas dinners.

December 27, 2013

Heritage Club was beautiful. With regards to location, even though it was in the populated section of the town, it was still quiet there. It was also close enough to casual shopping area. Heritage Club has a park outside. They also have casual living places like mini living rooms and sitting areas around. They also have a little coffee bistro in the lobby. Their residents are very independent but I did not see a lot of them engaged in group activities.

October 23, 2012

By pamtoucan

My experience when I visited Heritage Club was good. I found the facilities very nice and well maintained. I like that they offer both a variety of options for families so you can figure something out for your specific situation. Heritage seemed to offer a ton of activities that I know my mother would enjoy, there is basically something happening all of the time so you don't need to worry about boredom. All of the staff that I met when I was there were incredibly nice and helpful. They were able to walk me through all of the options and it never felt like a hard sell. I like that the staff seemed to really engage with the residents and seemed to enjoy their jobs. One of the biggest perks for my family is Heritage is located right off of I-25 and Evans which makes it really easy to get there for visits. Heritage is one of the first places I have visited but I was honestly really impressed with what I saw.

June 20, 2011

By An Eldercare LPN

When you walk in the door of Heritage Club, you get the real impression they are trying to fill the rooms that are immediately visible with the residents who need the least care. This is misleading. There is really only one wellness nurse for 37 residents, so the fact is that those who need more than just help with medications may risk being overlooked. There are good and engaging activities for people with severe memory impairment, but not much for others"”and little attempt to offer any stimulation for individual residents. For example, I had a client there who was blind, who said he was very lonely all day"”and the staff took little time to visit with him. He also liked to feel the sun on his face, but there is no outside place to sit or walk at Heritage Club. This is too bad for all the residents, since the weather in Colorado is often good, but many have no real way to enjoy that or to get fresh air. There are also few male residents and little attempt to engage them in fitting activities; women residents seem to have it a bit easier, since they tend to socialize more. The food is good"”presented well and available at any time. But the atmosphere and the way it is served is more similar to a nursing home, with people sitting alone fending for themselves rather than encouraged to engage with the staff or one another. One positive thing about the location is that it's on a good bus route. But there are few necessities such as a Post Office nearby, and the surrounding streets have become busy. The individual rooms are large, which can be good for many people. But there seem to be no good housekeeping services to pick up the clutter, so that can be dangerous and overwhelming. The bedroom in the individual units is too far from the bathrooms for those who have limited mobility. The common areas look good are well maintained and nicely appointed. The cost is from $4,000 to $7,000 per month.

Photos of Brookdale University Park

Services and Amenities of Brookdale University Park

About Brookdale University Park

Brookdale University Park provides our residents with lifestyles, housing, and services in comfortable surroundings combined with exceptional amenities, programs, and care. Through Brookdale's signature Personalized Assisted Living we customize our care offerings for the individual. This allows each assisted living and Alzheimer's care resident the freedom and opportunity to make choices that will ease their lifestyle transitions. Residents enjoy life with the support they need, coupled with the proper lifestyle and care accommodations as their needs change.

Quiet residential area walking distance to restaurants, post office, grocery store and the bank; Offsite activities to museums and the symphony; All day dining; On site rehab available; Variety of floor plans with views of the mountains and downtown Denver; Personalized assistance for Independent Living residents who need help with dressing, dog walking, household chores and more.

Map of Brookdale University Park