Garden of the Gods Care Center

Reviews of Garden of the Gods Care Center

Nursing Home Reviews for Garden of the Gods Care Center

March 03, 2015

By advocateforparents

The Gardens is a not a good facility for someone needing assistance. There is not enough staff to care for patients correctly. My Dad would ring for help and wait anywhere from 30 minutes to 1-1/2 hours for someone to come help him. He fell several times, as he tried to get up and go to the bathroom on his own because he couldn't wait any longer. On one occasion, he rang for help in the night, no one ever came, he wet himself and was left laying in it for three HOURS! Some of the staff was very helpful, especially a couple of the nurses, but there are not enough nurses/CNAs to give appropriate care. The female PT has very little follow-through. She did a home evaluation to find out what my Dad had to be able to do at home and took notes on what they should work on, but then they did not work on any of those things. I have absolutely no idea how they ever got a 4 or 5 star rating.

April 24, 2013

By William5

My wife needed to be in a therapy facility when she was discharged from the hospital and Garden of the Gods Care Center had an available room, so I brought her in there. She fell on the first night she was in there and they failed to notify me about it. She started complaining of her left arm hurting, so I attempted to get them to take a look at it and the only thing they can tell me was that she probably bruised or strained it. After I got her out of there, I took her to an orthopedic surgeon and she was diagnosed with a broken left shoulder. Their staff is not trained for memory care or Alzheimer's patients, the food was barely adequate, and their nursing went all the way from indifferent to very good. They had an adequate physical therapy department, but it wasn't certainly what my wife needed.

November 16, 2011

By order4me

This facility has the best interest of their residents in mind. The staff is very friendly and helpful. They are not afraid to answer any questions you may have. In fact they welcome it. They always greet you with a smile. They are very happy to help. The facilities are neat and clean inside and out. The grounds outside are very well kept. The food is excellent as I have never heard the residents complain about it. All of the residents are very happy and also friendly. Which tells me that they are being well taken care of and helped properly. When I visit my friend there he is always in a good mood and loves the staff and the other residents. He couldn't be happier. They also have activities going on so there is no boredom. All in all I would highly recommend this facility to anyone who has a loved one that needs extra special care.

Services and Amenities of Garden of the Gods Care Center

• Overall:
  • Ownership Type: For Profit Partnership
  • Date Certified: 06/01/2019

About Garden of the Gods Care Center

Garden of the Gods Care Center is a senior living provider in Colorado Springs, Colorado that offers residents Nursing Homes. Contact Garden of the Gods Care Center for more details on services and rates.

Map of Garden of the Gods Care Center