Highland Trail

Offers Independent Living

5085 W 136th Ave, Broomfield, CO 80023
Highland Trail (800) 385-2527
PROMOTION! 1 day

Red Tag Special! Reduced rates on select apartments for new leases sign and move in by February 28th. Ask for details during your tour!

Reviews of Highland Trail

Independent Living Reviews for Highland Trail

December 16, 2015

By Visitor22

I liked Highland Trails very much. The rooms were a little bit small and more expensive. The staff was wonderful. We had a meal, and it was good.

November 22, 2015

By Lori113064850

Mom and dad are at Highland Trail, and they’re both happy. It has individual apartments, a dining room, and beauty shops. They have games and feed them. They took awhile to adjust, but they have adjusted. I think the people who run it seem to be quite good, though I would say they have a little trouble at housekeeping sometimes; housekeeping comes and goes. I know they can improve on that.

November 09, 2015

By Barbara116432850

I visited Highland Trail two months ago, and it was good. They had one meal, and the food seemed fresh, not frozen. The dining hall was nicer than the other facility I visited. It’s a new place, about three-and-a-half years old. It’s a big, bright building with lots of light and wide halls. The managers live there in the building. The people were very cordial, and I got this feeling that they would work extra hard to introduce my mom around and try to make her feel welcome. The only thing I didn't like was that it’s in a residential neighborhood at the corner of an intersection travelled a lot by commuters. Their building seemed to be in a V or L shape, and the back of the building faced the intersection, so if residents go outside, they're right there where the traffic is buzzing by. I think they can fix that by putting in some mature trees. I looked at one and two bedrooms that were 900 squre feet wide, which is probably 200 more square feet than where she is now. We looked at a smaller rooms, too, which were pretty typical small rooms.

October 30, 2015

By Ron108053950

Highland Trail was really nice inside. I looked at two-bedroom and one-bedroom apartments with a small kitchenette. It was a small place. It was open. There was an area towards the back where people sat on a table talking. I walked around, and it was very nice and comfortable place. Everybody that I talked to seemed nice.

May 15, 2015

By David107099850

I know a number of couples that live in Highland Trail, and they're excellent. The food was fine, nice facility, great people. For the rooms, they have a choice and a number of different layouts -- two-bedroom and one-bedroom units. They're pretty new, in great shape, and well taken care of. My wife's parents live there also.

January 13, 2015

By Linda100260350

The staff of Highland Trail was very helpful and very friendly. They had everything that you would need. They had transportation and all kinds of activities for their residents. There was a nice library, a nice pool room, and an exercise room. It was very well equipped and very well staffed. It was a beautiful place. It looked like an upscale hotel. They have a beautiful dining room.

December 10, 2014

By Caring98219050

My dad likes Highland Trail. He likes the fact that they provide the meals and the room. They come and clean once a week for him. They vacuum, dust, and everything. I think they offer everything. They have exercise classes, and they cut their hair. He just seems to be doing really well there. They do allow pets. He has his cat with him. He seems to be happy, and they seem to take good care of him. The important thing is that he is given good care, and he is content where is. I like his apartment. He has everything he needs. It is well organized, and it has plenty of room.

October 16, 2014

By apt for me1

They were very helpful showed me the different apartments that were available. The apartment was very clean and spacious. laundry room in a convenient location, served 3 meals a day and very pleasant.

April 30, 2014

By Dennis20

Mom is in Highland Trail. We chose it because it is close to home. All of her kids and grandkids are within five miles. It is just five years old, and everything is nice and new. It is very affordable. I am very impressed that it is very clean and very personable. I went around and talked to the residents while we looked at the place, and everybody we talked to seemed to be happy and liked the place. We had lunch there, and the food was great. They have a pretty and well-maintained dining room. The tables are spread out, and the wait staff is top notch. Mom is in a spacious one-bedroom apartment. It is a nice size, very roomy, and has a lot of closet space. It is a nice setup for her, and it has a nice balcony. The staff is very professional all the way around, from the wait staff to the management. Most of the staff knew my mom and where her room was within the first week she was there. They have a well-rounded group of activities. Mom is mostly into the musical activities, and they have some people come in a couple of times a week and perform different instruments. It is top notch, and we have had a really good experience so far.

April 01, 2014

My mother-in-law has been at Highland Trail for a week now in their hospice care unit. The staff are doing very well, and they seemed to be fully staffed. They do just about everything they need. They do medication reminders and wheel her to the dining room whenever she wants. They assist her in bathing and help her get dressed. The facility is very clean, but just the only thing that would be helpful is for them to have skilled nursing care.

December 31, 2013

By Caring82080850

It's excellent. Outstanding accommodation and meals, but it has become so expensive. The staff is pretty good, but they had had quite a turnover. I am not happy with the staff now as I was when she moved in about three years ago. The place was very clean. I have repeatedly recommended Highland Trail to others.

December 16, 2013

By Joe25

I moved into an independent living facility called Highland Trail. It is a very nice place. It is the kind of place that I was looking for. They have excellent staff who takes care of my needs. I had the option of rooms that I wanted and it also meets all my needs. The food here is good. I would recommend this place to others.

December 11, 2012

By greatgram

Is this place an indendent or assisted living place. We have 3 meals served in the dinning room every day. We have our rooms cleaned once a week and the towels and linens cleaned once a week.

Costs for Highland Trail

Photos of Highland Trail

Services and Amenities of Highland Trail

• Housing Extra: Handicap Barrier Free Units Available, Individual Climate Control, Safety Rails In Bathroom, Telephone Hookup

• Dining Extra: Private Dining Room, Resident Kitchen

• Hiking Trails
  • Features Extra: Laundry Room For Use, Chapel, Library, Locked Mailboxes, Elevator, Parking: Covered, Garage

• Technology Extra: Wi Fi In Common Areas

• Activities Extra: Billiard Lounge, Game Room, Activity Room

• Pets: Most Pets Allowed

About Highland Trail

Highland Trail is located in Broomfield, CO, providing a vibrant backdrop for your new life as a valued member of our caring community.

So come to Highland Trail for a visit...and stay!

Map of Highland Trail