Springwood

Reviews of Springwood

Assisted Living Reviews for Springwood

May 17, 2015

By Jill and John

When we were there, Springwood had everything that we may need, and you can also cook your own lunches or breakfasts or you can have choices. And they do have registered nurses, which was our main problem with some of the others because my husband has had four heart attacks. They have the medical care that we need, and that's the only thing that we found some of them did not have. They were very well-staffed. They have total nursing care and qualified people on staff if there was an emergency. They were the best ones, we thought. Besides that, they are close to home. I think they do not give you breakfast, but you have a kitchenette in your room, and you can make your own breakfast. They don't serve a full breakfast, so that is on your own, but they have things available. You could go down to where they eat and order coffee and maybe fruit or toast or something like that. We belong to the Glory of God Lutheran Church -- which is very close to there -- and that's another thing we like. And the people that we know that are there are very happy with it.

March 31, 2015

My parents are at Springwood Retirement Community. It is a very pleasant environment. For the cost, they have a lot of amenities. They have their meals, linens, housekeeping, transportation, entertainment, and workout areas. The areas around the complex are easy walking for them. They’re close to Safeway and King Soopers and restaurants if they need to get out. It is something that works to their lifestyle. The rooms are small; it’s adequate for them. They were downsizing big time which was difficult. There’s no storage at all, but we manage to make their life pretty simple. They liked the food; the staff was exceptional. The people are extremely friendly, extremely helpful, and very understanding. I feel like they’re really safe there.

Independent Living Reviews for Springwood

June 25, 2013

By Lyle2

I visited Springwood Retirement Community. It was nice facility. They staff were accommodating. They have two wings of common room and each wing had their own dining room where they can order food off of their menu.

June 12, 2013

By Nancy64772650

Springwood Retirement Community seemed to have nice variety of activities for every kind of mental state of the clients living there. Everything was very clean. I really like the units; they are nice and got a lot of storage space. I really like the location because it's just walking distance to the grocery store. The staff are great. You can tell that they enjoy their work.

May 28, 2013

My children know somebody who's in that area and they thought highly of this facility. That's how I got a reference to Springwood Retirement Community. It is a retirement campus. It has three levels: they have fountain apartments for senior living and you can take advantage of their grounds and activities, there's the springwood apartment that is for assisted living, then they have a third apartment for people who need medical help. It's a very nice place. Their fees seem to be normal and affordable. They also have small, duplex-like cottages that they also rent out. There's a restaurant that serves two meals a day, lunch and evening meal. A meal a week free is given, while the evening costs $5 which is dirt cheap and it's more like a lunch and the menu is impressive. They also have transportation if you want to go to a doctor. They also take groups of people if they don't have transportation to places like Wal-Mart, mall or something like that. They have all kinds of activities like bingo, bridge, etc. If you really want to know why I chose this place it's because first, I like the place; second, I have two children living near the area and the location was convenient for me; and third, it is within three blocks of two grocery stores. I think for me, it's about as good of a choice as I could make.

June 21, 2011

By AnonSW

Springwood offers assisted living, memory care, independent living, duplexes, and apartments. It's a huge campus, with different buildings on the campus. I know it both from professional tours and a personal tour I took for a family member. Pros: - Park-like feel, with lots of trees and walking paths in an older, established community. - Easily accessible, with good parking. - Well-established activities program - Facility has a homey feel - Direct care staff is good, attentive, with low turnover - Ratio of care staff to residents is adequate Cons: - The facility is older, outdated. - The rooms are average in size and not recently renovated. - The campus can be hard to navigate; it's hard for visitors to figure out where to go. - Food is average. - The residents who don't go to activities tend to isolate in their rooms (there's not a lot of 1:1 time).

Costs for Springwood

Photos of Springwood

Services and Amenities of Springwood

• Housing Extra: Shared Living

• State Licenses: 2304XO

About Springwood

At Springwood Retirement Campus, we provide the lifestyle you want today with the options you'll need for tomorrow. There comes a point in life when things just need to be simpler. With us, you can enjoy all the things you once loved to do, and we'll take care of the details. Come by and discover the life you deserve. With attentive care and familiar comfort, this is assisted living at its finest. Our long-term housing program provides high quality care and specialized services to any older adult who may need daily support. The level of personal assistance required for the activities of daily life is determined by each resident's individual care plan, and our caring and experienced staff members are available 24 hours a day to assist with bathing, dressing, and medication administration as needed. Healthcare professionals are also available for valuable screenings and exams, including blood pressure checks and diet evaluations. With cozy living spaces, engaging activities, and meal services, assisted living at Nightingale Suites offers all of the comforts of home, and so much more.

A dynamic and innovative community for the senior with Alzheimer’s and related dementia, this uniquely designed, secure environment integrates your loved one’s private apartment into a village-like community. Our experienced and attentive staff members assist residents with participation in a combination of daily activities that are emotionally soothing as well as mentally and physically engaging. We expect that some seniors may need assistance with the activities of daily life, such as dressing, grooming, and bathing, so this service is included in the monthly fee. These residents will receive an individualized care plan, so we can tailor our care to their specific needs. Your loved one will find comfort and happiness with us, and you and your family will have peace of mind knowing they are receiving the best care possible for memory related illnesses. Nightingale Lane is recognized by the Alzheimer's Association as Leaders in Dementia Care.

Since the beginning, the founders of Springwood imagined a vibrant community where older adults could flourish. With supportive resources and engaging programs, every senior can live an active, independent life with us. With assisted living and memory care available, we provide a continuum of care for our residents as they age, so they can easily transition from one level of care to the next.

Map of Springwood