Almost Like Home

Reviews of Almost Like Home

Memory Care Reviews for Almost Like Home

July 09, 2014

By Caring20915050

Almost Like Home is a very nice place. It’s where my father is currently. He’s been there since November of 2013. Their rates are currently set regardless of what their needs are on a daily basis. My dad is one of the highest functioning residents there, and a lot of times, I walk in there and they have all the residents seated watching the television. My dad is a lot more physically able and active and needs more stimulation. The other concern I had with it was that there are separate houses and each house is staffed by 2 main staff members. Those poor staff members are required to do all the cleaning, the cooking, and the care of between 8 to 12 residents. It doesn’t leave a lot of time for them to be able to interact with the residents and do memory care activities. They do have an activity director that they just recently hired, but again, it’s one person for 6 houses. I take my father out of the facility a lot because he has the physical abilities of a 50 year old. It’s just mentally, he’s really hurting. There doesn’t seem to be enough stimulation for him. It’s categorized as assisted living, but it’s actually a secured facility. The residents do not have the ability to come in and out as they please. They are under locked premises. When I go there, the meals are home cooked. They seem like they’re adequate, but I’ll take my dad out right after he’s eaten there and he’ll eat an entire meal. I’ve asked them to post the menu so I see what he’s eating and I know what he’s eating, and they haven’t done it. They haven’t posted it inside each home and they haven’t yet posted it on their website, which I’ve asked them twice now to do at the family meetings. If they could improve, I guess it would be segregating out duties. Separate staff for separate duties. Separate cooking staff, separate cleaning staff, and separate caregivers instead of trying to burden the staff with all of those duties. That way, the caregivers would have more time to truly spend time and interact with the residents.
See all Memory Care reviews (5) See fewer reviews

• Housing Extra: Private Suites With Private Bathroom; Shared Suites Available

• Pets: No Pets Allowed

• State Licenses: 23Y383

About Almost Like Home

Our campus of 6 homes offers the advantages of a small setting with the benefits of a larger community!

At Almost Like Home, we are committed to providing quality Assisted Living in a residential setting to those with Alzheimer's disease, dementia or other types of cognitive impairments. We believe a smaller home-like setting is often the best solution for someone with increasing memory loss. This environment minimizes confusion and gives the resident a sense of familiarity. We excel in providing consistent on-site 24 hour care by a staff that receives extensive and continuous training on the challenges facing those with Alzheimer’s or dementia.

Map of Almost Like Home