St. John's Retirement Village

Reviews of St. John's Retirement Village

Assisted Living Reviews for St. John's Retirement Village

October 31, 2015

By Caring Individual1

St. John's Retirement Village is a very caring community. My husband died here a few months ago, and now I am in independent living. It is secular and takes people of all nationalities and religious beliefs. It does have on the top of the main building a plain wooden cross. They have very nice dedicated staff. The cottages are beautiful, and they come in different sizes; mine is very sunlit and carpeted. The wonderful thing is Woodland is rural, and it's not a university town. It's right on the 14-acre campus, and there are penned-up chickens and a community of cats there, and people are allowed dogs in their cottages. There's the most wonderful courtyard with lovely koi fish. People are kind to one another. There is bingo, dominoes, and trips everywhere. They love to go to the casino, and tomorrow we're going to Sacramento to eat on the Delta Queens. There are activities every day. I also have a piano in my cottage. I like the simplicity of many of the people there. If you are vegetarian, which I am, they will accommodate you. It's country eating there, like mashed potatoes and meatloaf. It's a very unique place, and it's beautifully landscaped.

July 24, 2012

By lillady

The set up is really great. There are apartments for seniors who are still capable of living alone, there are rooms with assisted living and then there are areas for seniors with more severe illnesses that need intensive care. The amenities are great. There is a church, cafeteria, gardens and seniors with their own apartments have private parking. I am really grateful that my grandmother was able to live her last year her. Great and attentive staff!

November 17, 2011

By Arnreid1

I did not like the floor plan of the one bedroom units. Food was wholesome, but bland and overcooked. Most important, residents didn't look cheerful and full of life. Literally no one showed any interest in me as a stranger in their mist or bothered to introduce his or herself. The management really tried to "sell" the place, but my impression of the psychology of the residents was negative enough for me not to follow up with that place.

August 08, 2011

By angelicfiend

My grandmother stays at this retirement village. It is very nice. they have lovely grounds over a block big. She takes advantage and has a nice strolling area (inside gates) to have a nice breath of fresh air. The staff is also very nice to me each time I visit and they know my grandmother by name and always greet her with a smile as well.

Costs for St. John's Retirement Village

Photos of St. John's Retirement Village

Services and Amenities of St. John's Retirement Village

• Fee Structure Extra: Entry Fee Cost : $1000

• Companion Suites: No

• Pets: Small Pets Allowed Only

About St. John's Retirement Village

St. John's Retirement Village is a gated assisted living home located on 14 acres of well-kept land in the peaceful community of Woodland, CA. Local art galleries, shops, theaters and other points of interest are a short distance away for residents to enjoy. Woodland Memorial Hospital and Dignity Health Medical Foundation are each within a 10-minute drive.

St. John's Retirement Village has individual cottages and apartments for seniors to choose from, as well as rooms dedicated to dementia care. The staff is available at all hours to assist residents with daily living activities, including bathing, eating and toileting. A nurse is on-site to provide care for residents with high blood pressure, diabetes and other health issues. Other services include housekeeping, linen, hair salon and free transportation to medical appointments.

When living at St. John's Retirement Village, seniors can participate in creative writing programs, art classes, field trips and workshops. The kitchen staff serves three daily meals and a variety of desserts in the home's four dining areas. Multiple outdoor gardens with walkways allow residents to enjoy a nice stroll and watching birds in the birdhouse. Seniors can take advantage of the putting green and bocce ball complex for outdoor exercise.

Our Mission Statement is to honor our residents’ dignity, independence, and well-being by providing them with a safe, supportive and caring environment in which to live.

Map of St. John's Retirement Village