Vista Village Senior Living Vista, CA

Reviews of Vista Village Senior Living

Assisted Living Reviews for Vista Village Senior Living

February 15, 2016

By Happy Daughter16

My impression was very good. The rooms were beautiful, but the place was a little outdated. Everybody was friendly. The furniture in the facility, in general, needs a little updating; even the chairs and tables in the dining room were outdated.

August 30, 2015

By Glen6

We are looking to place our aunt in Vista Village because we like it. The staff was very informative; she showed us around, she showed us the different rooms and the activities, and she also let us know that they had a transition section besides having the assisted living and the memory care. They had a transition section where our aunt could go and still be around those that are in assisted living and where she could have a little more freedom before she deteriorates more and has to go into the memory care permanently. The apartments were some of the biggest I've seen; they were nice and large apartments. The food was good. I ate with a couple of their residents in the assisted living, and the residents that we ate with had nothing but good things to say about it. They said that they had checked out a number of different places and had chosen Vista Village as the place that they want to live at, so they had picked out Vista Village themselves. The dining room was nice, the food was good, and the service and staff were very polite -- the staff that were coming out and serving the food. What impressed me most was when I sat down with the residents, and they had nothing but good things to say about the place and the staff. These residents had picked out this place themselves to live at; it wasn't picked out for them like we have to do for our aunt.

November 19, 2014

It is close to where my mom lives. We were looking for a place that would be close. The woman who showed me around was very pleasant and knowledgeable. The rooms were nice, and I know that my mother would be happy there. The dining room was nice; it had tables and chairs. There weren’t any activities, but she took me to a room that had a big screen TV where they could watch TV, and she showed a place where they could work like physical therapy, and she took me to the dining room; it was really nice.

August 28, 2013

By Martin7

The staff was courteous. They gave me a tour and let me know what the price was. They showed me the type of rooms and equipment for my wife. The rooms were very clean and everything seemed to be in good order. However, they do not meet my request as my wife had diabetes; they do not administer medications nor do blood pressure. I would recommend this facility to other.

Memory Care Reviews for Vista Village Senior Living

March 19, 2013

By Barbara19

I chose this community for my uncle. It seem to be very clean. He is in an apartment with his own bathroom. He loves the food and the people. All the patients seem to be happy there. He is 100% better than when he went in and seems to be happy where he's at. They have activities for him and for his memory. Everything is fine.
See all Memory Care reviews (5) See fewer reviews

Questions about Vista Village Senior Living

What ongoing training does the staff receive in dementia care?

We utilize subject matter experts to provide the latest education on dementia care. We partner with local and national organizations such as Alzheimer's Association, Alzheimer's San Diego, the Glenner Center, and others.

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at Vista Village Senior Living. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

We are a vibrant group of active seniors. The average age is 71 and we enjoy music & dancing & happy hours & socializing & outings to the beach and restaurants nearby.

What programs or activities does Vista Village Senior Living offer to enrich residents' well-being?

We offer a multitude of programs that delight the masses. From intellectually stimulating to the silly, our comprehensive activities program encompasses it all. Church services, concerts, magicians, current events, movie nights.....you name it, we've got it.

What places are near Vista Village Senior Living or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

We are only a few miles from the sandy beaches of Carlsbad. We also are near Tri-City hospital and several skilled nursing facilities. Located in a predominantly residential area, we also have great restaurants nearby.

What transportation services does Vista Village Senior Living offer to assisted living residents?

We have a comfortable and reliable van that provides transportation to and from physician offices, post office, financial institutions, as well as scenic drives and rides to the beach, activities nightlife and restaurants nearby.

What makes the chef or dining program at Vista Village Senior Living exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

Executive Chef Miguel is a master. Our residents enjoy an array of fresh foods, made with attention to flavorful detail. We really enjoy our dining experience here at Vista Village Senior Living.

What safety features or security measures does Vista Village Senior Living offer to assisted living residents?

Safety is of great importance to us. From ensuring our grounds are well kept and stumble free, our main areas are kept free of clutter and in good repair. Life alert pendants are available. We also offer a secure environment for those prone to wandering.

How does Vista Village Senior Living keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

Communication is key! We hold regular care conferences in a more formal setting, and we call, email, text and utilize social media to keep family and friends in the loop about all the fun we are having here.

What is the care staff-to-resident ratio at Vista Village Senior Living during daytime and nighttime hours?

We staff based on care level, so this fluctuates depending on care needs of our residents at any given time. We are staff 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Our highly trained nurse manager is on site a minimum of 40 hours per week.

If Vista Village Senior Living accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

We love our furry friends at Vista Village Senior Living and are considered one of the best pet friendly assisted living communities in north county (yes, I just made that up, but I believe it to be true). WE LOVE OUR PETS! We have an abundance of outdoor areas for our animal companions on all sides of the building.

What ongoing senior care training does the staff receive?

We believe training, initially and ongoing is key to providing the best possible care. All staff is trained upon day one of hire, and inservices are held regularly on a variety of topics such as dementia, pressure injuries, diabetes education, and more. We make the learning environment a fun and hands-on experience. We often enlist our residents to help us train! We have some residents that rather enjoy being the test subject, so our employees get hands-on experience with things such as transferring an individual from a chair to a bed, for instance.

How many staffers are on duty in the daytime and overnight?

We have caregivers and medication technicians on location 24/7.

What safety features or security measures does Vista Village Senior Living provide to protect residents who wander?

We want to ensure the highest level of independence for our individuals that may have a tendency to wander. A secure area is provided for those that need the additional safety measure. We also employ wander guards that will provide an audible alarm to alert staff that the person may be 'on the move'.

Costs for Vista Village Senior Living

Photos of Vista Village Senior Living

Services and Amenities of Vista Village Senior Living

• Pets: All Pets Allowed

• Licenses: RCFE

About Vista Village Senior Living

At Vista Village Senior Living, life happens according to plan - a comfortable, dynamic, detail-oriented plan. Daily activity is the result of proven practices, systems, standards and an organization that has been refined by experience. You'll notice the calming structure that comes from master planning with your very first visit. Similar to the motivation of our residents, we strive for balance: activity is balanced with quiet spots, fine dining with casual flair, full-service programs with a la carte freedom.

We know that for some of our residents, retirement living is all about relaxing with a good book and a glass of lemonade, but if you want to get up and go and be part of the action, Vista Village Senior Living is the place. Virtually every day, activities and outings abound throughout the community. There are exercise groups and local day trips, live entertainment and music enrichment, cultural activities and sports action. Of course, you can take it all in at your own pace and your suggestions and preferences are what help us fine-tune the programs to fit the community. So when you're ready to get up and go, there are plenty of options.

We love what we do and it shows. People are pleasantly surprised at the array of vibrant activities and amenities here. We often hear, “Oh, this is so wonderful!” The expectation is often that we are going to be clinical or sterile, like a hospital, so people are delighted to see that we are a beautiful, tight-knit family environment that is wonderfully welcoming.

Map of Vista Village Senior Living