The Manse

Reviews of The Manse

Assisted Living Reviews for The Manse

December 08, 2017

By Jim

The Manse is an old mansion. It's not modern at all, but the grounds are fairly well-maintained. The person who accommodated me was very casual, didn't come off as professional, and was almost hurried, but she answered our questions and showed us around. The place didn't look very cheerful, but it was clean. It was early in the morning when I visited, and I saw the residents watching TV.

October 17, 2017

By Janet

The Manse was not what I expected at all. It was outdated, didn't have air conditioning, and they left the doors open throughout the whole place. There were squirrels running around on the grass, which I thought was a health risk because squirrels have rabies. There weren't any renovations done. The kitchen was OK. I saw one lady passed out in front of the TV. Another lady barged into somebody's room, and I asked how she liked it there, and she said it's OK, but I knew from her expression that it wasn't OK. She did not look happy. They had an iron gate. It was really hot, so no wonder there was an elderly person passed out on the couch in front of the TV. They had army blankets on the bed, which were not tasteful at all. It looked like a dungeon, and the rooms were sad. It should be shut down. I was not happy with that place at all. It's expensive, and they didn't have decent beds, decent blankets, and decent decor. It was clean, but it's very unappealing, very sad, and depressing. It's like somebody's elderly mom's home that they don't take care of. It was not what I expected. None of the people looked happy at all, and there weren't many in there. They didn't have a lot of staff. They had this doctor who could barely walk who comes once in a while to check on some patients.

May 27, 2017

By chris226178

The Manse had a totally different environment. It was dark and wasn't built specifically for the purpose it is being used for. It was definitely less fancy, and it seemed like they were leaning toward more assisted living. The overall community wasn't as nice nor as clean. My first impression of The Manse was very positive in that I thought that it would be the right place for my mother-in-law, but the cost was almost as much as the other community. The outside part of the building was beautiful. They had really nice grounds, but it was older. The cost was cheaper than other places; instead of $3,000 to move in, they charge you $1,500, but when I asked what's that for, they said it's for paperwork. There's no paperwork that costs $1,500 in my opinion, so it didn't work for us. I like that The Manse had a large fence surrounding the property that was gated. If you want to come on to the grounds, you have to talk to somebody. It was very secure because they have patients that might wander, so I think it was for a higher level of care.

April 10, 2014

By Linda82683350

The Manse seemed to be pleasant and clean. It had beautiful grounds where there were a lot of lights, and they could sit down on the lawn. It was all gated. It was not like a hospital setting, and it was not sterile. It was like an old bread-and-breakfast house. The rooms were spacious, clean, and had lots of light because of the windows. They had activities like movies, going for walks, throwing balls, mind games, and quite a few other activities. There were also TVs everywhere, but not the rooms because they don't want them to stay in the rooms. However, I thought their kitchen and dining room needed to be remodeled.

June 03, 2010

By glshlfull

CARE OF MY MOTHER

My mother has been a resident for awhile and has been well taken care of. The care givers have given her the care and attention she needs. I'm very pleased with The Manse and the way they care for their residents. Jim

Costs for The Manse

Photos of The Manse

Services and Amenities of The Manse

• Internet Enabled Rooms

• Activities Extra: Walking Areas, Movies, Karaoke

• Staff Patient Ratio: 8:1
  • Pets: No Pets Allowed

About The Manse

The Manse has been a licensed facility since 1988. Our residence is a friendly and encouraging environment to live in. Not only is our residents' livelihood a foremost priority, but your peace of mind that your family member is being looked after with love and care is also very important. Our caregivers treat each resident with respect, and provide the care they need to foster dignity and self-esteem in a home-like setting.

The spacious, tastefully furnished interiors of the Manse offer each resident the opportunity to enjoy every day to the fullest. A quiet library, television lounge, and an elegant living room with French doors that open onto the covered veranda are examples of the variety of areas that residents enjoy at their leisure.

For our Manse residents, we strive to provide an environment for rehabilitation that will enable them to handle changes in their elder years and encourage them to make the most of their own resources.

The Manse is a two-story colonial 25 bedroom, 19 bath home that provides residential care for seniors on approximately 3.0 acres with a spacious landscape surrounding the home in the woods of Vista, California. Our well-trained, caring staff assists each resident in accomplishing the daily tasks that may become more difficult with each passing year. The safety, security and 24 hour supervision of the Manse mean peace of mind for our residents and their families alike.

Map of The Manse